Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen 2 will be infected with Steam DRM

LordDenton

Augur
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/sh ... ?t=1030435
I’d like to give you an update on copy protection for Risen 2. We know that this topic is important for you which is why we want to be as transparent as possible.

We diligently reviewed many solutions in the last couple of years and in the case of Risen 2 we decided to use the Steam-Plattform from Valve on a worldwide basis.
They just lost me as a customer. A shame really, since this was one of the few games I was looking forward to.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh come the fuck on, what is it with everyone going with mandatory steam registration even for boxed copies? :x

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Was probably gonna buy it over Steam anyway so I don't give one iota.

Bitcher

Educated
torpid said:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1730201#1730201

Oh, come on. You're going to deny LordDenton the right to make his own thread to announce he's not going to buy it now?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
he probably was going to pirate it anyway, now he found a cheap excuse to do so

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
JarlFrank said:
Oh come the fuck on, what is it with everyone going with mandatory steam registration even for boxed copies? :x
Because time and time again end users have shown they hate every DRM system ever, except for Steam, which they love almost unconditionally. So that puts an end to physical copy-sharing (unless you really trust someone with your Steam account), selling it used, and if they keep critical files off the disc there's very little chance of pre-release piracy happening, barring an internal leak (for example, the PC version of New Vegas couldn't be cracked until release day).

LordDenton

Augur
Roguey said:
Because time and time again end users have shown they hate every DRM system ever, except for Steam, which they love almost unconditionally.
I am an end user, and I hate Steam. Your argument is invalid.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
582334-gabenewellpirate1_super.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"Almost unconditionally." You Steam-haters are a small but vocal minority.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I use Steam for 75% or so of my game purchases (sales) but there are legitimate arguments against it. Still I get a kick out of the people who have some odd little anti-Steam fetish.

made

Arcane
A perfect opportunity to register on their forum and voice my outrage at their decision to use steamworks. Little do they know that I pirate all my games and wouldn't have bought this anyway. Hahaha.

Micmu

Magister
JarlFrank said:
Jews want everyone to have their memory resident spyware/adware to inform you about NEW LIMITED OFFERS YOU DON'T WANNA MISS

I really wanted to support piranha guys like I did before (unless it would be another goatfuck like Gothic 3), but this time I'm forced to use the alternative solution. Sorry guys and goodbye.

Suchy

Arcane
Well, it's a pirate RPG, so I'll just LARP and pirate it all the way.
I bought Risen 1, but I won't create a Steam account.

Phelot

Arcane
Zed said:

Same here. I bought Risen 1 over Steam. Am I a bad person? :oops:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
phelot said:
Zed said:

Same here. I bought Risen 1 over Steam. Am I a bad person? :oops:

Sandro.png

:hmmm:

Do you really have to ask?

Anyway, I really wanted to buy this game... and I will probably do - once it gets released on GoG without DRM garbage.

Before that
captainpirate.gif

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Mrowak said:
Anyway, I really wanted to buy this game... and I will probably do - once it gets released on GoG without DRM garbage.

This.

:thumbsup: :incline: :D

msxyz

Augur
God forbids we can sell back a videogame if we get bored with it.

People have been selling used books for centuries and, in concept, they're not different from a CD, DVD or piece of software. If this isn't a sign of :decline: of civilization, I don't know what is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom