Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Roadside advertisement for a failing Kickstarter?

aratuk

Cipher
Driving this morning in Portland, Oregon, I saw a digital billboard advertising a Kickstarter for a board game: Haulin’: A Game of Strategy, and the Occasional Natural Disaster

WTF? I thought maybe a cash grab from an established company trying to get an angle on crowdfunding. It’s possible, but with six days to go, only 27 backers, and $1300 towards a $65,000 goal. So, family and friends have seen the billboard? Kickstarter says it’s from Wisconsin, so definitely not local.

It is true that this was a couple of minutes up the road from the suburb of Milwaukie, Oregon, where there is the headquarters of Dark Horse Comics, whose employees they might have been targeting with this billboard as a last-ditch effort to save their Kickstarter. Maybe some marketing company that bills itself as the savior of doomed Kickstarters?

Will update with photo when I pass it again, if it’s still there.

Last edited:

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
mystery.png

Comte

It looks like the game board and components are just computer generated like there is no real game here.

aratuk

Cipher
Is it on 99e? I might have to look for it when I go to visit my brother this weekend?

Yes, exactly. If you're headed south, it's a digital billboard that rotates various advertisements not far past the Acropolis strip club.

I didn't stop for a photo on my way back in the other direction, because …divided highway.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom