Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RoadWarden - RPG/Visual Novel/text adventure hybrid

Codex Year of the Donut
If a mere mention of shit you are not comfortable with, is enough to cause this kind of butthurt, then you are a shitty excuse for a human being.
I'm tired of seeing it, I'm tired of reading about it, I'm tired. The constant propaganda stream has me exhausted.

RunningWolf

Learned
If a mere mention of shit you are not comfortable with, is enough to cause this kind of butthurt, then you are a shitty excuse for a human being.
You can apply the same argument to eating shit. Normal people are disgusted with degeneracy, just like normal people are disgusted with maggots or coprophilia. There's no reason for them to tolerate it in ANY amount. In fact tolerance of evil and degeneracy is nearly as bad as doing it yourself. People who tolerate groomers for example should be treated no different from said groomers.

You can make it about "comfort" or "confidence" or whatever else platitude your redditor brain can think of. You're still an apologist.

Johnny Biggums

Learned
I'm tired of seeing it, I'm tired of reading about it, I'm tired. The constant propaganda stream has me exhausted.
Are you saying you don't want to pay $10 to encounter more of it while you're relaxing at home?

notpl

Arbiter
You can apply the same argument to eating shit. Normal people are disgusted with degeneracy, just like normal people are disgusted with maggots or coprophilia. There's no reason for them to tolerate it in ANY amount. In fact tolerance of evil and degeneracy is nearly as bad as doing it yourself. People who tolerate groomers for example should be treated no different from said groomers.

You can make it about "comfort" or "confidence" or whatever else platitude your redditor brain can think of. You're still an apologist.
are you equating "women in positions of authority" to coprophilia and child molestation or is this game a lot weirder than I thought

Sratopotator

Savant
Managing propaganda intake is important for ones health, sure.
But I imagine it gets especially tiring, if you cry the propaganda wolf every fucking second.

What counts as propaganda here?
I assume we are talking about the game, cause I don't give a flying fuck what the dev does in his spare time.
The question is, did the creators let their personal agendas break the game?

In my 3 hours of play I saw:
1. (Even if this would be somehow important - it should be irrelevant for a grown man): I spoke with one female leader - by the way, she got her position after her lieutenant died (male), along with his second in command (a man too), but she was never trained for command; oh, and there are some rumors of a gang of mercenaries with a female leader (some strange and creepy woman)
2. The lieutenant from point 1 was homo for his second in command - only mention of this are the words "his partner" in a conversation with the female-kinda-lieutenant, and it was never brought up again so far

Clear positives that I saw in those 3 hours:
- servicable writing, with no needless farty descriptions, purple prose down to minimum
- down to earth, low magic setting, suspends my disbelief nicely
- perfect approach to lore/directions/general information - bit like in the good Vogel games (you only get the basic info, info you get fits the tone of your ingame profession, no dumps)
- simple but moody music
- time limits (two lenghts, depending on difficulty)
- Fallout like "tell me about" conversation option (manual text input) (only saw one about NPCs though, no sure how robust this is)
- 3 "classes" (bunch of profession-associated items + main skill (fighting/magic/knowledge), that cannot be changed I think)
- Not seen much quest/dialogue branching yet, but the world seems quite open - no fluff branching neither, which is great

Generally, hallmarks of a good CYOA/adventure RPG hybrid.
Maybe it devolves into nonsense. Maybe it's great, who knows.

Certainly not the guy reporting the amount of powerful cocks in the game.

Last edited:

Sratopotator

Savant
You can apply the same argument to eating shit. Normal people are disgusted with degeneracy, just like normal people are disgusted with maggots or coprophilia.
Coprophilia exists, right? (ask your moms... or, maybe... don't get her started)

So, a mere mention of it existing is enough for you to do the "I'm so hurt" routine?
It certainly isn't, as you are typing your dildo and Coprophilia-focused messages on web forums.

If the game centers around coprophilia, then yeah, it's obviously for gentlemen with more refined tastes that ours.
(Tho, if someone made some amaze-balls coprophilia RPG, I would probably still launch it our of curiosity :-D)

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
YES! motherfucker. Femaly leadership is noose around any Civilization's neck. No medieval society nor derivative of it with similar power-dynamics which come great deal from available technological lvl which greatly favors strenght and men, can have 98/100 female leaders. Dev is open cuck who call his own government "fascist Polish government". He is my Enemy. Fuck him and his little autistic video game

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I assume we are talking about the game, cause I don't give a flying fuck what the dev does in his spare time.
WRONG! Dev that has Mao, Marx and Stalin pictures above his fireplace will not give fair representation of capitalism or masculinity or history or women or anything in his games. And so on and so on. Can we fucking finally evolve past 2015???!??! Have you skipped past 7 years? Centrist Reddit 2015 arguments are dead. Join side. We Are in War

Sratopotator

Savant
If you can't understand why it's propaganda, then you are an advocate of the propaganda.
If you can't explain what exactly triggers your propaganda sense in this game, and you still say that it's being full of it, then you are an advocate of idiocy.

RunningWolf

Learned
So, a mere mention of it existing is enough for you to do the "I'm so hurt" routine?
Yes if any piece of media has normalized degeneracy in it, its enough to disgust me like any other non-degenerate. Why would anyone waste their time on something disgusting? And its not about shit eating in particular.
The amount of disgusting content is irrelevant, get it through your head.

And you seriously went for "who hurt you" basic bitch platitude even after i said its completely pointless maneuver that only brainless bimbos go for? Way to confirm what everyone already suspected about you with your degeneracy apologism. No more time will be wasted on you subhuman.
are you equating "women in positions of authority" to coprophilia and child molestation or is this game a lot weirder than I thought
I was mostly referring to token trannyism. But this is also notable. According to statista only 15 countries have highest position of executive power occupied by a woman.
In 2022.
In woke modern age when even speaking non PC is enough to lose your career, only 15 countries trust leadership to a woman.

Any matriarchal society is a meme and dysgenic degeneracy. The only form when its not laughable is when its a smalltime inbred degen shithole like the Menzoberranzan.

Salvo

Arcane
Yes if any piece of media has normalized degeneracy in it, its enough to disgust me like any other non-degenerate. Why would anyone waste their time on something disgusting? And its not about shit eating in particular.

And you seriously went for "who hurt you" basic bitch platitude even after i said its completely pointless maneuver that only brainless bimbos go for? Way to confirm what everyone already suspected about you with your degeneracy apologism. No more time will be wasted on you subhuman.
I was mostly referring to token trannyism. But this is also notable. According to statista only 15 countries have highest position of executive power occupied by a woman.
In 2022.
In woke modern age when even speaking non PC is enough to lose your career, only 15 countries trust leadership to a woman.

Any matriarchal society is a meme and dysgenic degeneracy. The only form when its not laughable is when its a smalltime inbred degen shithole like the Menzoberranzan.
There are more female warriors than named male NPCs lol

Finished the game btw, most of the CYOA is fake and 80% of the things you pick in dialogue lead to the same binary choice so it's practically a telltale game without the graphical charm

notpl

Arbiter

In 2022.

There are more female warriors than named male NPCs lol

Finished the game btw, most of the CYOA is fake and 80% of the things you pick in dialogue lead to the same binary choice so it's practically a telltale game without the graphical charm
This is way more unforgivable than having too many women, thank you for your service.

Sratopotator

Savant
Way to confirm what everyone already suspected about you with your degeneracy apologism. No more time will be wasted on you subhuman.
Oh shit, everything but this. How will I ever recover.
Finished the game btw, most of the CYOA is fake and 80% of the things you pick in dialogue lead to the same binary choice
Thanks for the bit :salute:, probably won't bother playing further then (though our differences in opinions on other stuff make me wanna check you up on this, but fuck, life is too short in this case :)).

Salvo

Arcane
Way to confirm what everyone already suspected about you with your degeneracy apologism. No more time will be wasted on you subhuman.
Oh shit, everything but this. How will I ever recover.
Finished the game btw, most of the CYOA is fake and 80% of the things you pick in dialogue lead to the same binary choice
Thanks for the bit :salute:, probably won't bother playing further then (though our differences in opinions on other stuff make me wanna check you up on this, but fuck, life is too short in this case :))
I've no reason to make up shit
Relations with the characters are just hidden +1 "friendship counters" after you do inconsequential shit for them, you can literally accuse someone of having the blood of an entire village on his hands and the dude will offer you free lodging in the same sentence because you reached enough interaction triggers

All the options that you see are just meaningless flavor that don't affect anything, even the different attitudes you can assume when talking to people (friendly, neutral, aggressive etc) will at most net you the aforementioned +1 counter... which you can get anyway by grinding

CSH Picone

Educated
Happy to see lots of speculation. I played Roadwarden and enjoyed the shit out of it. It's well-written, full of choice and consequence, and I like the way the illustrations have been utilised as a feature of exploration. If you want to know more you can read my full review here: https://www.cshpicone.com/gaming/in-depth-game-reviews/idr-roadwarden but otherwise I'd say if you're a fan of text-based RPGs (and LOTS of reading), get it, and if you aren't, don't.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Tried it for a few hours, but the barrage of unimportant descriptions and purple prose was a lot to bear, even though the lore and presentation was better than one could hope for. Unfortunantely, when I had to engage with a long conversation with a city mayor where I had to choose background not only of me, but also of some fucking irrelevant street in a city my hope for the game went down. Why the hell would the game want me to decide the state of the world? What kind of resources a city produces? This is not part of my background. Suspension of disbelief has been shattered beyond hope. Maybe the sequel will be better, because I surely would like to see more games like this.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
What do you make of this news considering the kind of game Roadwarden is?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom