Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rome Total War II

Tigranes

Arcane
Exactly. Considering an Arverni or Baktria campaign on RTW with EB. Looks and plays pretty good.

So did they actually get around to fix DEIs dog shit pikes? Cause thats a deal breaker for me. After trying Macedon in campaign and finding my pikes getting wrecked from the front by levy hoplites I did a few custom battles to try how it worked.
Charged a unit of Silver shields from the front.
oneCBCk.jpg

...and the Silver shields get absolutely wrecked, from the fucking front. Now if they get flanked by high quality infantry I could understand, but this was one on one from the front. Posting about it on the official board all I got was "but pikes are just supposed to hold units in place". Now that might be true for levy pikes but not for something like Silver Shields. Any unit can hold an enemy in place since the combat is so slow and also manage to perhaps get a few kills in the process unlike even the best of the best of pikemen. This really ruins the game play when playing as or against any Hellenic faction, which is no small part of the game in this era.

DeepOcean

Arcane
So, should I assume that Divide Et Impera and other overhaul mods actually break the game? It is a pity, I was seeking some decent mod to fix stuff.

Beowulf

Arcane
DeI has it's own share of bugs, but in my opinion it is vastly superior gameplay experience than vanilla.

As for the pike phalanx units, in my last campaign as Carthage they proved to kill a lot of, so as you can see, experience varies (which is not good, as one should expect the same results). But I don't think they ever fixed hoplietes being overpowered (ranging from a little OP to end-all battles OP)

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Vanilla was so awful at launch that I uninstalled the pos. Later on they made it from an utter horrid turd into merely crap with the emperor's edition. Now, with DEI I'm actually having fun playing this. That speaks volumes.

Mind you, DEI is the only large mod out there that actually improves the game. The only other mod I would recommend at this point is the music mod that adds the Rome: TW soundtrack to Rome II's.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
The way food and happiness works in Rome 2 is one of the design decisions they did that works well I think. The idea was to abstract the system where you had Rome, a supercity that was only able to be sustained by numerous provinces feeding it with the surplus grain. I like how that makes it so you have to plan provinces and cities more carefully than in previous total war games. I like how you can't just build up every province to max. You have to specialize provinces and optimize them.
That would only be true if planning, specializing and optimizing provinces would give bonus to food production, but it doesn't. It can only give bonus to money earned from food, which is pretty pointless.

Sure in the end it isn't the most complex; you optimize newly conquered territories for food and then use that excess food to allow your older provinces to focus on happiness buildings
I guess you meant the other way round. Unless you enjoy having all your armies tied fighting magically spawning high tier rebel units every turn, with some of them spawning right next to undefended cities and instantly taking them over as a bonus.

Tigranes

Arcane
Vanilla was so awful at launch that I uninstalled the pos. Later on they made it from an utter horrid turd into merely crap with the emperor's edition. Now, with DEI I'm actually having fun playing this. That speaks volumes.

Mind you, DEI is the only large mod out there that actually improves the game. The only other mod I would recommend at this point is the music mod that adds the Rome: TW soundtrack to Rome II's.

Really? On Warscape? What does it fix?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Combat, building chains, units, aor, traits, lifespan, seasons have more effects and much more. Not to mention that the game seems quite a bit more challenging. They got quite a feature list on twcenter.

Although I'd wish they would add the gladiator unit back to Roman slave rebellions. It adds a bit more fun and diversity and is even historical.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, I personally complained about one turn one year idea, but CA wanted to have whole Roman empire time span, and they had a brainbug that people would refuse to play 1200+ turn game. Considering there are 10 turns penalties for attacking recent trade partners, they could simply use 4 seasons per turn methodology anyway. In addition the 4 seasons per turn would fix problems with generals and spies. They are too few, theirs actions is too expensive (but powerful) and they are kinda hosed.
BTW Rome II is one of few CA games that have reasonable battle AI. When I had 4 units, they 5, I was screwed up, which didn't happen in previous games. Also AI knows what mercenaries are and isn't afraid to use them. (Of course it has problems with not seting priority goals, thus Romans in my current game are not furiously defending Rome and Italy, they are in South Meditarian now.)

I heard DEI has one rather brutal weakness. Because combat is slow, you can simply set max time per combat to 20 minutes, and drag the combat to not lose the defense. Well I only try EE, thus I don't have chance to be screwed up by a mod.

Trash do you still remember how you can win one or both Medievals just with assassins?

Beowulf

Arcane
BTW Rome II is one of few CA games that have reasonable battle AI. When I had 4 units, they 5, I was screwed up, which didn't happen in previous games. Also AI knows what mercenaries are and isn't afraid to use them. (Of course it has problems with not seting priority goals, thus Romans in my current game are not furiously defending Rome and Italy, they are in South Meditarian now.)
I agree, there are battles that the player simply cannot win, no matter how good/cheesy he is. As for the mercenaries it has it's downsides as well - for example, if you capture last enemy settlement with a weak army, and AI seems to be able to go to infinite debt (or have infinite amount of cash when they reach near bankrupcy, so it doesn't really go bankrupt), prepare yourself to face an army full of best mercenary units found in that region. Oh, and most likely you won't be able to hire any mercenaries at the same time, as a bonus, because AI will hire all of them.

I heard DEI has one rather brutal weakness. Because combat is slow, you can simply set max time per combat to 20 minutes, and drag the combat to not lose the defense.

But why on earth would you want to do that?

A horse of course

Trash do you still remember how you can win one or both Medievals just with assassins?

In Shogun you simply used your Geisha to murder all opposing family members (even if they were allied, which led to half their lands going to you, kek). I can't remember if the same tactic was possible in Med1. It was definitely still possible in Med 2/Rome, albeit you had to pull off EVERY kill on the same turn.

Shannow

Waster of Time
In Shogun it wasn't important what lands went to you. If all generals of one faction were killed, the lands became neutral/rebell. I won that game without having control over more than 4 provinces. The rest were "rebells".
Geishas were totally overpowered and unbalanced. It was fun, though.

DeepOcean

Arcane

Yup. That said, I most fondly remember Medieval's Jedi Generals.
Man, no kidding, I still have nightmares of losing an entire army trying to defeat Aragon's six super generals. It was almost Dinasty Warriors but I was commanding the mooks to be made into french sausages.:negative:

Luka-boy

Arcane
Yeah, the asskicking generals in Medieval 2 were a sight to behold, especially the ones with a high Dread score who could make entire flanks rout with a good charge.

Though I remember one time an army of rebels consisting on a single unit of peasants popped up near my capital and I sent my king's unit alone to deal with them thinking it would be a breeze. It was, technically. Except when I charged them frontally with the 60 heavily armoured knights my king died the instant the units clashed, I guess by getting impaled in the eye with an airborne wooden pitchfork from one of the peasants flying from the impact. He was the only casualty in that battle.
:rpgcodex:

Lucky

Arcane
Mod tools have been released for Atilla.

Official mod tools for Total War: ATTILA are available now. The new Assembly Kit can be downloaded as a beta via the Tools menu in ATTILA owners’ Steam Library, and will be immediately familiar to modders of SHOGUN II and ROME II. The most extensive Assembly Kit yet offers the following tools:
  • DaVE: enables editing of the game’s database entries.
  • BOB: enables processing of raw data such as textures, models and animations.
  • TeD: enables the creation of individual battlefields for land, sea and sieges.
  • Terry: enables the editing of campaign map aesthetics such as the height-map, lighting and props. Unlike previous Assembly Kits, Terry now grants access to Terrain Raw Data, which means modders can determine which battle maps load in for specific campaign map locations. Go mod those cities!

Game has steam workshop support, though. So considering what they tried to with Skyrim recently...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?687925-Total-War-ATTILA-Assembly-Kit-Released!
http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/ATTILA_Assembly_Kit

Thane Solus

Arcane
Finally! i waited 2 years for patches, since i didn't bought it until recently. Rome Total War II - Emperor Edition, now after 1 million years of patches, its not bad at all.

BUT!

You need the following mods as a must!

1) the one that turns 1 year into 2 turns or 4, i choose 4 so i can develop my generals : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?618096-2-turns-per-year-4-turns-per-year
2) Rome II Units Icons mod pack (i fucking hate the default units pack): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?635925-Rome-II_Units-Icons-(v-1-7)
3) And since they improved somewhat the diplomacy but YOU CANNOT GIVE Regions to anybody, to make the game playable use Dresden_Sack_Liberate (which gives you the options on all the factions you conquer to sack, liberate or subjugate them(client state or satrapy) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...on-and-Diplomatic-Options-Mod-v2-3-(Patch-16)

The AI is good now, flanks a lot on Hard, you have to be careful on flanks and against archers and cavalry. nice!

Attila is bad at ze moment. AI is horrible, they actually chase you and ignore everybody most of the time(the huns) even if you create buffers. They respawn out of nowhere until Attila is dead, very lazy design. You have to go West to Britain or Spain to have a chance. UI is highly improved no more stylized UI Cards, but for some reason, the retards removed flags in the Tactical Battles, now there are just some small icons. They added some small towers to the small settlements(nice!), added some retardo towers to some big settlements that kill your whole army if you are not careful. The campaign map they tried to make it dark and it looks horrible even on high details, overall wait another 1-2 years for patches and mods... Family tree is back combined with some features from Rome 2, overall its promising, but there are still lots of problems, so i guess ill wait like with Rome 2 and remember in two years about it. Mod will fix it! No, not those nexus furry armor modders.

Tytus

Arcane
Finally! i waited 2 years for patches, since i didn't bought it until recently. Rome Total War II - Emperor Edition, now after 1 million years of patches, its not bad at all.

BUT!

1) the one that turns 1 year into 2 turns or 4, i choose 4 so i can develop my generals : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?618096-2-turns-per-year-4-turns-per-year
2) Rome II Units Icons mod pack (i fucking hate the default units pack): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?635925-Rome-II_Units-Icons-(v-1-7)
3) And since they improved somewhat the diplomacy but YOU CANNOT GIVE Regions to anybody, to make the game playable use Dresden_Sack_Liberate (which gives you the options on all the factions you conquer to sack, liberate or subjugate them(client state or satrapy) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...on-and-Diplomatic-Options-Mod-v2-3-(Patch-16)

The AI is good now, flanks a lot on Hard, you have to be careful on flanks and against archers and cavalry. nice!

Attila is bad at ze moment. AI is horrible, they actually chase you and ignore everybody most of the time(the huns) even if you create buffers. They respawn out of nowhere until Attila is dead, very lazy design. You have to go West to Britain or Spain to have a chance. UI is highly improved no more stylized UI Cards, but for some reason, the retards removed flags in the Tactical Battles, now there are just some small icons. They added some small towers to the small settlements(nice!), added some retardo towers to some big settlements that kill your whole army if you are not careful. The campaign map they tried to make it dark and it looks horrible even on high details, overall wait another 1-2 years for patches and mods... Family tree is back combined with some features from Rome 2, overall its promising, but there are still lots of problems, so i guess ill wait like with Rome 2 and remember in two years about it. Mod will fix it! No, not those nexus furry armor modders.

Any other good mods out there?

Thane Solus

Arcane

BUT!

Any other good mods out there?

i dont like mods that change the vanilla too much, as in weird units/theme and other things, i like the mods that fix or improve the main features or add somethings that were really missing.

Didn't tried yet, these ones:

Meaningful Resources 4TPY

Traits, Talents and Toadies: Character Overhaul

Bullgod's Unit Cards

Costly Wars

DEI Unit Retraining Submod for 0.9

Auxilia For Everyone

Splenyi' Better Campaign Camera

It's a Small World After All (cant recruit 4 stacks with only 2 cities)

Sell Your Slaves

Shannow

Waster of Time

What I modded in ME2:
Troop stats
Buildings
Character traits

All that is needed for that is simple text editing. Sounds like DaVE might be what I've been waiting for. Now CA only needs to get rid of STEAM and then in 4 years time there'll be mods that might make getting R2/Attila worthwhile. Yay.

Brinko

Arcane
Well boys if you wanted to go back to Rome 2 now is the time to do so. New patch is coming out and it has pretty much removed all the negative trait shit and given out some new traits for certain factions. Easy mode engage.
http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_ROME_II:_Patch_17_Beta
Technical and Performance Issues
  • Texture quality is now based on the available memory on the machine instead of the graphics settings selected
  • Improved the games automatic detection of graphics settings based on Mac hardware
  • Increased the default screen resolution aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 on Mac
  • Optimised campaign memory usage in the Mac App Store version of the game, by loading less campaign character / general models into campaigns where they are not needed
  • Fixed a bug where preferences including campaign difficulty were not being saved correctly in the Mac App Store version of the game
  • The difficulty slider on the faction selection screen will now set the difficulty correctly in the Mac App Store version of the game
  • Fixed some unintentional motion blur while looking at the sky in battles on Mac
  • Fixed a crash when changing the Unlimited Video Memory option while in battle on Mac
  • Fixed a bug where the game would not launch in windowed mode, and stalled before the legal screen on certain iMacs
  • Fixed erroneous unit banner shadows on Mac during battle, which looked like black crosses, and could fill the screen when zoomed in
Buildings
  • Tier III and IV Toutatis temples now give correct +4 bonus to Celtic cultural influence
  • Fix for multiple issues where some effects for buildings were better when damaged
Campaign
  • Corrected sub-culture of Colchian civil war faction
  • Dahae are now set to the correct military group in the Imperator Augustus campaign
  • Added hidden agent security bonuses in cities for Black Sea factions
  • Added missing faction mercenaries for Arevaci and Lusitani
  • Swapped Formidable Swordsmen army tradition for the Ardiaei to Formidable Spearmen, and Light Cavalry Masters for Cavalry Masters
  • The Dignitary Civil Administration skill now works correctly
  • Added Sarmatian Royal Lancers as a general’s unit option for the Roxolani
  • Increased chance of subjects, incidents, dilemmas, and missions occurring
Units
  • Fixed Persian Light Archers and Elite Persian Archers weights from medium to very light and very light to medium respectively
  • Correct Thracian Peltast weight to very light
  • Changed Picked Peltast weight to medium
  • Mercenary Horse Skirmishers cost changed to 390 to match non-mercenary version of the unit
  • Corrected shield type for Bactrian Hillmen
  • Auxiliary and Mercenary Parthian Horse Archers given correct weapon to match missile damage of non-mercenary version
  • Illyrian Thureos Spears changed to match the 360 mentioned in previous patch notes
  • Weight of Legionary Cavalry is consistent across all variants of that unit and cost adjusted to 620 to match Imperator Augustus version of unit
  • Naked Warriors and Naked Spears unit variants now all have the medium weight
  • Auxiliary and Mercenary Bactrian Light Horse changed from light to medium to match regular version of the unit
  • Removed unit caps from elite naval units
  • Fix for some units being put into incorrect unit sets which prevented them from getting various bonuses (Illyrian Noble Hoplites not getting spearmen related bonuses for example)
  • Added Hoplite Wall ability to Auxiliary Greek Hoplites to match the regular version of the unit
  • Added precusor javelins to Mercenary Spear Band to match the regular version of the unit
  • Illyrian Slave Javelinmen weight changed from medium to very light
  • Fix for some bonuses not being hooked up correctly to unit sets, which prevented some units from gaining the correct bonuses
  • Fix for some bodyguard units not being hooked up to bodyguard unit bonuses
Recruitment/Custom Battles
  • Colchian Nobles now recruitable from tier IV barracks
  • Scythian Hoplites recruitable from tier III barracks
  • Axe Warriors recruitable from tier III barracks for Massilia
  • Fix for Cimmeria not being able to recruit Penteres naval units
  • Fix for Painted Ones and Naked Warriors not being recruitable from tier III proving grounds
  • Fix for Raiding Horsemen not being recruitable from tier IV horse recruitment buildings
  • Rhodos can now recruit Rhodian Slingers in the campaign
  • Removed Scorpion units from custom battles, Tylis given correct Dacian Cheiroballista
  • Swapped Germanic ships in Massilia custom battle roster for correct Greek ships
  • Swapped some Peltast ships to correct Milita Hoplite ones for Athens and *Syracuse in custom battles, also made them recruitable in campaign
  • Added in Bactrian Hillmen ship to Baktria for custom battles
  • Seleucid Eastern Spearmen added to Seleucid custom battle roster
  • Added missing ships to tier III and IV military ports for Armenia
  • Fix for Axemen for Colchis not being recruitable from tier III barracks
  • Thracian Peltasts changed to be recruitable from all Artisan buildings
  • Corrected naval units available for Parthia in custom battles
  • Changed Thracian Warriors to be available from tier II bronze buildings and up
  • Greek Slingers removed from Seleucid roster leaving them with Eastern Slingers
  • Raiding Hemolia added to Colchis custom battle roster Eastern Spearmen *Firepot Dieres removed from Colchis roster as they have Peltast Fireport Dieres as well
  • Added in Polybolos for Egypt in custom battles
  • Fix for some factions in custom battle not being able to use Cheiroballista or Polybolos in siege defences
Garrisons
  • Fix for Odrysian Kingdom, Nervii, Arevaci, Tylis, Galatia, Suebi and Ardiaei losing garrison units when upgrading to tier III horse recruitment building
  • Fix for Nervii having no garrisons for tier III and IV bronze buildings
  • Fix for missing naval garrison units for Cimmeria
  • Fix for missing garrison units from tier III and IV light barracks for Cimmeria
  • Removed Thorax Hoplites from garrisons to fix issue where Athens and Sparta were gaining an extra unit in their garrisons
  • Fix for Tylis losing garrison units when upgrading from tier II to tier III Bronzeworker
  • Added Spartan Pikemen as an elite unit for Spartan garrisons
  • Added Tribal Garrison unit to Odrysian Kingdom garrisons
  • Fix for Getae garrisons decreasing in size when certain unit upgrades were researched
  • Added Sword Followers to Boii garrisons from tier III and IV bronze buildings
  • Fix for Colchis early barracks garrisons being stronger than other factions
  • Celtic Slingers replace Celtic Bowmen in garrisons
  • Added Kartli Axemen Tetreres to tier III and IV military port garrisons
  • Egyptian Slinger Trieres added to tier IV harbour garrison for Egypt
  • Greek Milita Hoplite Dieres added to tier II harbour garrisons for Athens, Macedon, Syracuse
  • Replaced Thracian Warriors with Thracian Peltasts in some garrisons
  • Persian Cavalry swapped for Eastern Horse Archers for some Armenian garrisons to prevent unit doubling
  • Armoured Horse Archers swapped for Parthian Horse Archers for some garrisons to prevent unit doubling
  • Fix for garrisons of tier III/IV infantry barracks for Armenia and Parthia being reversed
  • Median Cavalry removed from Seleucid infantry building garrisons
  • Persian Cavalry removed from infantry building garrisons
  • Swapped Iberian Skirmishers for Iberian Slingers in city/town garrisons
  • Added missing Steppe Axes Dieres, Tetreres and Hexeres to garrisons
  • Added Lusitani Noble Raider to level IV military port garrisons
  • Eastern Archers added to Media Atropatene roster to fix garrison issues
  • Added Dacian Spears to Odrysian Kingdom unit roster
UI
  • Added a new theme selection option to the title screen.
Campaign
  • Reduced zone-of-control size for forces and cities from 5 to 3.5
  • Adjusted ruling political party influence boost granted by higher level Imperium to confer more of an effect; the text for these bonuses have been changed as well
  • All resource building chains now give a global bonus to all regions:
    • Amber: trade tariffs (faction)
    • Dyes: happiness (all provinces)
    • Grain: food (all regions)
    • Leather: manufacturing (all regions)
    • Iron: shield/armour/weapons upgrades (all provinces)
    • Horses: horse upgrades (all provinces)
    • Lead: sanitation (all provinces)
    • Marble: building cost reduction (all regions)
    • Timber: ship hull upgrades (all sea regions)
    • Silk: commerce (all regions)
    • Wine: happiness (all provinces)
    • Glass: research (faction)
    • Olives: agriculture (all regions)
    • Gold: mining (all provinces)

Cultural and Faction Trait updates
GRAND CAMPAIGN

Rome

• Cultural Traits:
    • Legions: +2 recruitment slots in all provinces
    • Marching Orders: +15% movement distance for all armies
  • House of Julia
    • Barbarian Subduers: +20% melee attack during battles against Barbarian tribes
    • Romanisation: +4 to cultural conversion
  • House of Junia
    • Agrarian Wisdom: +30% wealth from agricultural buildings
    • Founding Fathers: Public order bonus (maximum of +4) from presence of Latin culture
  • House of Cornelia
    • Cultural Assimilation: -50% public order penalties due to presence of foreign cultures
    • All Will Serve: -50% upkeep cost for all auxiliary units
Carthage

• Cultural Traits
    • Mercenary Armies: -25% mercenary upkeep costs
    • Phoenician Trade Heritage: +15% wealth from all commerce buildings
  • Barcid Dynasty
    • Pioneers: +15% movement range for all armies and fleets
    • Loyal Troops: +15% morale for all mercenary units
  • Hannonid Dynasty
    • Statesmen: Major diplomatic bonus with all factions
    • Administrators: +5% tax rate
  • Magonid Dynasty
    • Iron Fists: -50% resistance to foreign occupation
    • Phoenician Prowess: +3 experience ranks for ship recruits
Balkan Tribes

• Cultural Traits
    • Mercenary Armies: +50% mercenary upkeep costs
    • Promise of Loot: -50% mercenary recruitment costs
  • Odrysian Kingdom
    • Looters: +100% income from sacking and raiding
    • Deadly Aim: +2 experience ranks for missile recruits
  • Getae
    • Fierce Independence: +20% melee attack in own or allied territory
    • Our Gods: Public order bonus (maximum of +8) from presence of Balkan culture
  • Ardiaei
    • Pirates: +250% income from raiding
    • Expert Seafarers: +2 recruitment slots in all ports
  • Tylis
    • Plunderers: +150% income from sacking
    • Live by the Sword: +2 experience ranks for infantry recruits
Gallic Tribes

• Cultural Traits
    • Gallic Horsemanship: +20% melee attack for all cavalry
    • Warrior Society: +2 public order for every war
  • Boii
    • Migratory Urges: -75% to building conversion costs
    • Conquerors: +15% morale for all units during battles in foreign territory
  • Arverni
    • Gallic Craftsmanship: +20% wealth from all industrial buildings
    • Tribal Hegemonists: Moderate diplomatic bonus with all Barbarian tribes
  • Nervii
    • Ambushers: +50% chance of successfully launching an ambush
    • National Courage: +20% melee attack in own or allied territory
  • Galatia
    • Plunderers: +100% income from raiding and sacking
    • Gallo-Graeci: Moderate diplomatic bonus with all Hellenic factions
Successor Kingdoms

• Cultural Traits
    • Successor Conflicts: Major diplomatic penalty with all Hellenic factions
    • Alexander's Legacy: -50% resistance to foreign occupation
  • Seleucid
    • Satrapies: Increased number of levy units available from satrapies
    • Royal Estates: +20% wealth from agricultural buildings
  • Egypt
    • Ptolemaic Enlightenment: +20% research rate
    • Nile Valley: +1 food in all regions
  • Macedon
    • Thessalian Pride: +20% charge bonus for all cavalry units
  • Baktria
    • Silk Road: +20% wealth from all commerce buildings
    • Multiculturalism: Public order bonus (maximum of +8) from presence of other cultures
Greek States

• Cultural Traits
    • Independence: +20% melee defence during battles in own or allied territory
    • Classical Heritage: +4 to cultural conversion
  • Massilia
    • Great Traders: +20% wealth from all commerce buildings
    • Local Dominance: Minor diplomatic bonus with all factions
  • Sparta
    • Helot Repression: -50% slave unhappiness
    • Spartiate Warriors: +3 experience ranks for Spartan infantry recruits
  • Athens
    • Cultural Centre: +20% wealth from culture
    • Naval Prowess: +3 experience ranks for Athenian ship recruits
  • Epirus
    • Village Confederation: +20% wealth from minor settlements
    • Guardians of Dodona: Public order bonus (maximum of +4) from presence of Hellenic culture
  • Syracuse
    • Archimede's Eureka: +20% research rate
    • Flowering Culture: +20% wealth from culture
Iberian Tribes

• Cultural Traits
    • Scouts: Increased chance for all characters to discover hidden agents and armies
    • Warrior People: +4 public order from presence of an army in a province
  • Lusitani
    • Mighty Warriors: +2 experience for all infantry recruits
  • Arevaci
    • Horsemanship: -20% recruitment cost for all cavalry units
    • One People: Major diplomatic bonus with all Iberian factions
Nomadic Tribes

• Cultural Traits
    • Horde: +3 recruitment slots in home province
    • Marauders: +50% income from raiding and sacking
  • Roxolani
    • Peregrine Conquerors: +20% melee attack during battles in foreign territory
    • Migrant Traders: +15% wealth from all commerce buildings
  • Massagetae
    • Pastoral Lifestyle: +40% wealth from livestock buildings
    • Tribal Ferocity: +15% morale in own or allied territory
  • Royal Scythia
    • Archery Masters: +25% ammunition for all units
    • Scythian Craftsmanship: +15% wealth from all industrial buildings
Eastern Empires

• Cultural Traits
    • Great Marksmen: +25% ammunition for all units
    • Secret Police: Increased security against agents in all provinces
  • Parthia
    • Cavalry Masters: -25% recruitment cost for all cavalry units
    • Multiculturalism: -25% public order due to presence of foreign cultures
  • Armenia
    • Proud People: +20% morale for all units during battles in own territory
    • Bridge Builders: Minor diplomatic bonus with all Hellenistic and Eastern factions
  • Pontus
    • Shrewd Operators: -50% all agent action costs
    • Philhellenes: Moderate diplomatic bonus with all Hellenic factions
Black Sea Colonies

• Cultural Traits
    • Rulers of Foreign Lands: -50% public order penalties due to presence of foreign cultures
    • Greek Hearts: +15% morale when fighting in own or allied territory
  • Pergamon
    • Great Builders: -25% building construction costs
    • Town Growth: +4 growth in all regions
  • Cimmeria
    • Bosporian Fertile Lands: +25% wealth from agricultural buildings
    • Nomadic Archers: +25% ammunition for all units
  • Colchis
    • Trade Crossroads: +15% wealth from all trade agreements
    • Golden Legacy: +2 Hellenic cultural influence in all provinces
Brittanic Tribes

• Cultural Traits
    • Heroic Culture: +20% charge bonus in battles when attacking
  • Iceni
    • Pastoral Ways: +20% wealth from all agricultural buildings
    • Cultural Aspirations: Moderate diplomatic bonus with all non-barbarian tribes
Germanic Tribes

• Cultural Traits
    • Terrors of the Night: Can always choose to fight night battles
  • Suebi
    • Tribal Conquerors: +20% melee attack during battles against Barbarian tribes
    • Marauders: +100% income from raiding and sacking

IMPERATOR AUGUSTUS CAMPAIGN

Romans

• Cultural Traits
    • One Ruler: All Roman factions share a major diplomatic penalty with all other Roman factions
  • Lepidus' Rome
    • Administrators: +5% tax rate
  • Octavian's Rome
    • Romanisation: +4 to cultural conversion
  • Antony's Rome
    • Cultural Assimilation: -50% public order penalties due to presence of foreign cultures
    • All Will Serve: -50% upkeep cost for all auxiliary units
  • Pompey's Rome
    • Expert Seafarers: +2 recruitment slots in all ports
    • Pioneers: +15% movement range for all armies and fleets
Eastern Empires

• Cultural Traits
    • Great Marksmen: +25% ammunition for all units
    • Secret Police: Increased security against agents in all provinces
  • Parthia
    • Cavalry Masters: -25% recruitment cost for all cavalry units
    • Multiculturalism: -25% public order due to presence of foreign cultures
  • Armenia
    • Proud People: +20% morale for all units during battles in own territory
    • Bridge Builders: Minor diplomatic bonus with all Hellenistic and Eastern factions
Balkan Tribes

• Cultural Traits
    • Mercenary Armies: +50% mercenary upkeep costs
    • Promise of Loot: -50% mercenary recruitment costs
  • Dacia
    • Fierce Independence: +20% melee attack in own or allied territory
    • Our Gods: Public order bonus (maximum of +8) from presence of Balkan culture
Successor Kingdoms

• Cultural Traits
    • Greek Hearts: +15% morale when fighting in own or allied territory
    • Alexander's Legacy: -50% resistance to foreign occupation
  • Egypt
    • Ptolemaic Enlightenment: +20% research rate
    • Nile Valley: +1 food in all regions
Brittanic Tribes

• Cultural Traits
    • Heroic Culture: +20% charge bonus in battles when attacking
  • Iceni
    • Pastoral Ways: +20% wealth from all agricultural buildings
    • Cultural Aspirations: Moderate diplomatic bonus with all non-barbarian tribes
Germanic Tribes

• Cultural Traits
  • Marcomanni
    • Tribal Conquerors: +20% melee attack during battles against Barbarian tribes

CAESAR IN GAUL CAMPAIGN

Roman

• Cultural Traits
  • Rome
    • Paragons of Civilisation: +15% morale during battles in neutral or enemy territory
    • Romanisation: +2 to cultural conversion
Gallic Tribes

• Cultural Traits
    • Gallic Horsemanship: +15% melee attack for all cavalry
  • Arverni
    • Gallic Hegemonists: Major diplomatic bonus with all Celtic tribes
    • Champions of Gaul: +15% melee attack during battles in own or allied territory
  • Nervii
    • Bravest of the Belgae: +15% morale during battles in own or allied territory
Germanic Tribes

• Cultural Traits
  • Suebi
    • Invaders from Germania: +20% melee attack during battles in neutral or enemy territory

HANNIBAL AT THE GATES CAMPAIGN

Carthaginians

• Cultural Traits
    • Mercenary Armies: -25% mercenary upkeep costs
    • Trade Heritage: +15% wealth from all commerce buildings
  • Carthage
    • Strategic Effort: +15% movement range for all armies and fleets
    • The Great Enemy: Major diplomatic penalty with all Latin factions
Romans

• Cultural Traits
  • Rome
    • Carthago Delenda Est: Major diplomatic penalty with all Punic factions
Greek States

• Cultural Traits
    • Independence: +20% melee defence during battles in own or allied territory
    • Classical Heritage: +4 to cultural conversion
  • Syracuse
    • Archimede's Eureka: +20% research rate
    • Flowering Culture: +20% wealth from culture
Iberian Tribes

• Cultural Traits
    • Scouts: Increased chance for all characters to discover hidden agents and armies
    • Warrior People: +4 public order from presence of an army in a province
  • Lusitani
    • Mighty Warriors: +2 experience for all infantry recruits
    • Arevaci
    • Horsemanship: -20% recruitment cost for all cavalry units
    • One People: Major diplomatic bonus with all Iberian factions

WRATH OF SPARTA

Greek States

• Cultural Traits
    • Slaves: -85% reduction in unrest caused by slaves but also income generated by them
    • Slaves: 50% reduction in slave population decline
  • Athenai
    • Wooden Wall: +2 recruitment slots in all ports
    • Dreams of Empire: -10 happiness in all regions
  • Sparta
    • Helots: +100% wealth from slaves
    • Spartiate: +3 experience ranks for all Spartan units
  • Boiotian League
    • Rising Military: +15% morale for all units
    • Rival of Athens: Moderate diplomatic penalty with all Ionian factions
  • Korinthos
    • Love of Aphrodite: +4 growth in all regions
    • Maritime Heritage: +15% ship battle speed

Now if only they would patch in the Emperor campaign map for the grand campaign.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom