Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2023 GOTY - POLL IS CLOSED!

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
What a terrible time to be alive.
you can always
edgy.png
yourself

Arvennios

Novice
I had a blast with Colony Ship and enjoyed War Tales, but I didn't get to play anything else from 2023, given the huge backlog and lack of (free) time to play.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I've played exactly 2 games on that list, and one of those not even to the end.

Also, it's not The Lords of the Fallen, it's Lords of the Fallen. Doesn't start with THE.

Lords_of_the_Fallen_2023_cover_art.jpg

Cheesedragon117

Educated
Since it's already come up repeatedly, i'm going to go ahead and confess: I voted on some games I watched greater than 3 hours of footage of (mostly livestreams) even though I didn't play them.

These games were Lies of P (5 stars, actually the best thing that came out this year and already familiar with the subgenre.)

BG3, and Starfield (0 stars, it doesn't take a genius to figure out these are some of the worst RPGs of '23, if not the decade. You can already smell and see shit, you don't have to bend down and taste it to figure out it's shit.)

And yes, as previously discussed, the negative ratings were motivated by a combination of "I'd rather sound my cock with rusty rebar than play this." and "This game doesn't deserve to be Top 3 ANYTHING."

I might have voted on a few others, I'm not sure. Perhaps we should do a recount, along with including more games in the vote. I'm also ok with having my votes nullified, if that's an option.

Kruyurk

Learned
I know it is an RPG forum, but people downvoting games they did not play have some strong main character syndrome.

Edgetard

Educated
BG3, and Starfield (0 stars, it doesn't take a genius to figure out these are some of the worst RPGs of '23, if not the decade. You can already smell and see shit, you don't have to bend down and taste it to figure out it's shit.)
but bg3 has so many gay soylennial characters and has that bisexual energy that all correct thinking upper middle class young shitlibs have how dare you rate it below a 10 on a 1-5 scale

raeven

Educated
Reflexively shitting on a game you haven't played because it goes against forum consensus is the most codexian move ever.

You all talk like you're the bleeding edge of independent thought but in reality you're just as scared as anyone of rocking the boat of your chosen tribe. Ooooooohh what if you try it and you enjoy parts of it? Better keep that to yourself and not let anyone know!!

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Reflexively shitting on a game you haven't played because it goes against forum consensus is the most codexian move ever.

You all talk like you're the bleeding edge of independent thought but in reality you're just as scared as anyone of rocking the boat of your chosen tribe. Ooooooohh what if you try it and you enjoy parts of it? Better keep that to yourself and not let anyone know!!
You're right, everyone should be a fag like you whose only contribution to GRPG is shilling BG3 and Disco Elysium.

Teach me, oh master of Incline

raeven

Educated

You're right, everyone should be a fag like you whose only contribution to GRPG is shilling BG3 and Disco Elysium.

Teach me, oh master of Incline
Don't forget, before then people used to get mad at me for shilling jagged alliance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom