Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2023 GOTY - POLL IS CLOSED!

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I'll leave just one fun fact for now: Codex hates Bethesda more than they hate Diablo.

Of course they do, you bloody faggot. Oblivion (2006) and Fallout 3 (2008) were almost single-handedly responsible for the decline of CRPGs. Nothing unusual about that. Fun fact lol. You are a fucking fake aren't you?

Can't you write even a single post where you aren't an absolute cunt?
Nope, he's locked into this persona now, if he stops everyone would realize he's fake as hell

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I'll leave just one fun fact for now: Codex hates Bethesda more than they hate Diablo.

Of course they do, you bloody faggot. Oblivion (2006) and Fallout 3 (2008) were almost single-handedly responsible for the decline of CRPGs. Nothing unusual about that. Fun fact lol. You are a fucking fake aren't you?

Can't you write even a single post where you aren't an absolute cunt?

This is the truth

raeven

Educated
Would you say that WotR is similar in this respect, or is that aspect of the gameplay improved?
Oh it is absolutely worse.
No way it's worse, but it isn't much better. KM had very lazy encounter/monster design, WotR at least tries to throw few curveballs at the player, and overall due to higher levels and both player and enemies having more tools, it feels more engaging and less trash-moby than KM, especially at higher difficulty levels. It's still Owlcat's shit combat, and the stat bloat is even worse, but in terms of pointless easy trash mob encounters it's definitely better. Still not better enough to make turn based worth playing tho.

You know what game DOESN'T have trash mobs and is designed from the ground for turn based combat???

:troll:

Tyrion8338

Novice
Since it's already come up repeatedly, I'm going to go ahead and confess: I voted on some games I watched greater than 3 hours of footage of (mostly livestreams) even though I didn't play them.

These games were Lies of P (5 stars, actually the best thing that came out this year and already familiar with the subgenre.)

BG3, and Starfield (0 stars, it doesn't take a genius to figure out these are some of the worst RPGs of '23, if not the decade. You can already smell and see shit, you don't have to bend down and taste it to figure out it's shit.)

And yes, as previously discussed, the negative ratings were motivated by a combination of "I'd rather sound my cock with rusty rebar than play this." and "This game doesn't deserve to be Top 3 ANYTHING."

I might have voted on a few others, but I'm not sure. Perhaps we should do a recount, along with including more games in the vote. I'm also ok with having my votes nullified if that's an option.
This has to be one of the weirdest phenomena in modern society.

Watching other people play games online is still an odd concept to me, but to then rate games on what you're seeing is just baffling.

I remember seeing screens of Flicky in mags and thinking it looked garbage, but playing it was addictive as hell and it's still miles better than half the dross churned out now. Yet if I'd have rated it on just what I saw, both via those screens and in the arcades, I'd have given it a 1/5.

When the next Codex top 100 games list comes around, only votes with mini-reviews that display the player has played the game to a respectable degree should count.
I doubt people like that even rate the game with their intellect, they just subconsciously will give it the same rating as a streamer they watch would rate it. It`s the phenomenon of influencers, some people just need to be told what to like and how to think. People like that would never admit that to themselves, it`s like hive mind.

Tyrion8338

Novice
If Baldur's Gate 3 is the best RPG ever made, then I'm a Chinese jet pilot.

Its combat is excellent, some of the best I've seen since ToEE, but its controversial content is so cringeworthy, so almost forced on you (you can successfully dodge most of it but you just know if you click on the wrong response a single time you're going to be forced to watch a cutscene of yourself getting drilled from behind by an illithid, and no, I'm not kidding) so you have to decide whether the former is worth putting up with the latter.

I'll put it this way: if the writers and designers of the game weren't so fucking liberal and actually took their own product a little more seriously, BG3 could have been one of the best RPGs in the last ten years.
I somewhat agree but there is a fix for that and a easy one at that. There should be an option in the game settings to just disable any gay content or any lesbian content or both. I for example don`t mind lesbian content at all but I really dislike gay content. I don`t hate gay guys, I just don`t want to see it in my game.

Ladonna

Arcane
I somewhat agree but there is a fix for that and a easy one at that. There should be an option in the game settings to just disable any gay content or any lesbian content or both. I for example don`t mind lesbian content at all but I really dislike gay content. I don`t hate gay guys, I just don`t want to see it in my game.

Even having that option would get Larian canceled. They would be worse than 20 Hitlers or J.K.Rowlings.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
There should be an option in the game settings to just disable any gay content
b1cdcd6b67d1ad9bbd3ffb6a2aeb29bb.gif

or any lesbian content
nacho-why.gif

62zR.gif

A rotten compromise if I ever saw one.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
If Baldur's Gate 3 is the best RPG ever made, then I'm a Chinese jet pilot.

Its combat is excellent, some of the best I've seen since ToEE, but its controversial content is so cringeworthy, so almost forced on you (you can successfully dodge most of it but you just know if you click on the wrong response a single time you're going to be forced to watch a cutscene of yourself getting drilled from behind by an illithid, and no, I'm not kidding) so you have to decide whether the former is worth putting up with the latter.

I'll put it this way: if the writers and designers of the game weren't so fucking liberal and actually took their own product a little more seriously, BG3 could have been one of the best RPGs in the last ten years.
These guys want this to be pushed having a toggle would make Larian both "homo-" and "transhope".

Do you really think they could avoid it? It is not a normal development, it's a subjugation ritual to implement this crap, if you don't bend the knee you are exiled or worse, that's it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom