Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2017: Results & Cool Graphs

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by felipepepe, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    We had that already, D:OS 2 won with ELEX and Grimoire sharing the #2 spot.

• incline incline x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    You just described a pretty terrible game...

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Since it seems some people still have difficulty in defining what is an RPG, let me help you:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - RPG
    Prey - not an RPG
    Battle Brothers - not an RPG
    Expeditions: Viking: - RPG
    Dominions 5 - not an RPG
    Nier: Automata - not an RPG
    ELEX - RPG
    West of Loathing - RPG*
    Nioh - RPG*
    Spellforce 3 - not an RPG

In the future, please consult my expertise before making shameful mistakes.

*) See, I am not a grognard. I am a tolerant person with an open mind. I'll even allow some weaboo action games and markiplier-endorsed crap.

For future reference, X-Com is not an RPG. Jagged Alliance games are not RPGs. System Shock 2 is not an RPG. Warcraft 3 is not an RPG. Traps are gay. Hitler did nothing wrong. It was aliens.

• Brofist x 10
    • Agree x 2
    • Salute x 2
    • :M x 2
    • Edgy x 1
    • No x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. unfairlight Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    I thought Spellforce was pretty heavy on the RPG side of things. Never played it though.

^ Top  
  5. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Some guys are pretty heavy on the make-up and dresses side of things. Still doesn't turn them into women.

• Funny x 8
    • Brofist x 5
    • nice x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Lady_Retard █▓▒░ ░▒▓█ Patron

Lady_Retard
    I think we can all agree that the results of the Google™ poll should be null and void. The official results of the Codex-only™ poll that included only TrueRPG's™ should be seen as the actual GOTY results.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Rinslin Merwind Arbiter

Rinslin Merwind
    So you guys bitching about "SJW" game, but eager to do the same that many social media did? I mean many internet social media removed downvotes, because bunch of fucktards from SJW (and others) was afraid that their precious posts would be downvoted. Seems fanaticism fried your brain and you started contradict yourself. Democracy working fine, just degenerates like you can't bear others opinions and want to silence anybody who doesn't fit your agenda ( again remind me about SJW, lol).
    And you can't even describe good game. I have seen you shitting on other games in different subforums, but you never can come up with something more than your arrogant opinion about "how gaming industry should fit MY view on things".

I know, I should be smarter than this and forget to trying use logic on reason on people who decided playing little bitch on gaming forum for rest of their lives, but sometimes you remind me religious fanatics, who want reinforce their view on others and I don't want this forum to become another shithole where people get banned for their opinion.

It's definetely more RPG than Prey, but it still strategy with rpg elements.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    • retadred x 3
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • STOP! posting x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Monty Arcane

Monty
    blaming and offensive idiots , the best

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Kem0sabe Arcane

Kem0sabe
    I never said i had a good taste in games, i love playing on consoles, i love jrpg's, i love playing dumb action adventure games like Uncharted as much as i love playing Underrail... that still doesnt change the fact that i, personally, think that Larian is an overrated developer and the shit that they have been churning out for years is just that... shit.

^ Top  
  10. Dead Guy Arbiter

Dead Guy
    The ELEX butthurt this year is even more delicious than when Underrail beat AoD. I honestly didn't think it was possible.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    ELEX butthurt. One guy that said he would prefer that over Original Sin 2. Okay then.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Fowyr Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Fowyr
    Yea, it pretty much sums up my impressions of DOS2 as well. Game is not masterpiece, but good for what it is. Considering romance stuff, I told some hunter faggot to fuck off and it was all romance that I experienced in the DOS2. Not finished it, though, stopped when you almost leave the island.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Eyestabber Arcane Patron

Eyestabber
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    And that's the secret of D:OS 2 Codex GOTY in a nutshell.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
    ^ Top  
  14. Stainless Veteran Arcane

Stainless Veteran
    All this Jasede and Co DOS2 trolling kinda reminds me of those people who cried about Zevran romance in DAO, or that what was his name - Anders? - forced them into buttsex romance in DA2, or people saying that they just was trying to be nice with characters in ME and that led to a sex scene, etc. Granted, DAO was only good for what it is, and DA2 was shit, but even Bioware didn't force the player to fuck someone, and it was entirely possible to play the game without engaging in romance. And we are talking about Bioware, who made the romance their staple feature. In DOS2, at least when playing with friends, romance isn't forced on anyone. The game has one of the best turn-based combats in recent RPGs. It's not perfect, it's not a Gold Box RPG, or ToEE, but it can be challenging, entertaining and can be won in a wide variety of ways. Moreover, while writing often is nothing to write home about, it's way more tolerable and less cringey than in DOS1. But even if we won't grade on a curve, writing is serviceable, and game world's interactivity, very good combat and non-linear quest solutions make the game worthy of being a GOTY. Of course, it wasn't a very good year and DOS2 doesn't really have enough competitors, but still - it's a good game.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    each time i read 'it's not perfect like in x but' i want to stab someone, and reading it in close proximity to 'has one of the best x' only intensifies that feeling

• Salute Salute x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Stainless Veteran Arcane

Stainless Veteran
    Well, watchugonnado, we live in Decline.

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. MurkyShadow Glittering gem of hatred Patron

MurkyShadow
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
    Expedition Viking is my most played recent RPG after Underrail. I enjoyed the mechanics, the writing,
    the setting and the graphics. It took my a bit at first, I did even bounce from it first, but I did that
    too with Fallout 2 and the beloved Temple of Trials. I ended replaying Viking three times in row.
    It is not good for what it is. It is good.

As for Divinity, after playing Vikings I found it just tedious. After all the positive feedback
    I thought, well, it must be good. After forcing myself to play it for some hours, I didn't return
    to it. It felt like a chore. Like reading the first 100 pages of a book, and deciding, if to continue,
    in the hope that it will get more interesting, or discard it, deciding it's not worth your time.

^ Top  
  18. Crolug Liturgist

Crolug
    Damn, that was lousy year for cRPGs...

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  19. Cowboy Moment Arcane

Cowboy Moment
    I mean, I can understand why some might not like the combat or writing, but what exactly is wrong with a bit of gay skeleton sex? If anything, I thought this feature would be met with enthusiasm in these very prestigious halls.

In fact, it makes a lot of sense to me that Jasede's ire towards D:OS2 has to do with the fact that the game features romancable lizardmen, but not furries. It's ok Jasede, I'm sure that if you provide Larian with your honest feedback, they will accomodate you in D:OS3.

• Funny x 8
    • Brofist x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Arulan Arbiter

Arulan
    [​IMG]

I would not have expected to see a CRPG on this list.

• incline incline x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. imweasel Guest

imweasel
    :whatho:

What a joke. Codexia must be accepting too many refugees from shithole countries (i.e. the polls were open to all).

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  22. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron Sad Loser

Jasede
    Someone filter the votes to show what the results are if only 10+ reg. date oldfags voted.

^ Top  
  23. Hoaxmetal Arcane

Hoaxmetal
    No mod support and abandoning the game soon after launch. Maybe there was something else.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. PorkyThePaladin Arcane

PorkyThePaladin
    :what: >>>>>>>> :dead: >>>>>>>> :rage:

What is this .... I don't even... ah the codex is done, I need to find a new place to discuss RPGs. You people voted for an RPG with kid humor and all the gravitas of a belch joke, and some crappy action game with female droids? Over ELEX? And most of you didn't even play ELEX? And most of you played like 1 rpg the whole year, and voted for that 1 rpg and didn't see the problem with that? There needs to be some filtering for people who actually play RPGs, the rest should just stick to GD/Shoutbox.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • Old x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    i'd laff if the top 3 was dos2, battel bruvas and elex tho, because then it would be like a distorting shitmirror version of 2009 goty with dergon age, kotc and risen

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.