Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Interview RPG Codex Interview: Legends of Eisenwald, Turn Based Strategy/RPG

I'm guessing the recent inflow of funds is very likely due to the Banner Saga developers mentioning Eisenwald as one of the recommended projects in their latest backers-only update. Kudos to them.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Yes, it was Stoic who mentioned us in the update for which we are very grateful! We took their pitch video as inspiration for our, we really liked their mood and how they present their work.This spreading the word could become another powerful thing like Kickitforward.

And about pronunciation of Eisenwald - we are aware how it is in German. But in English it's more like Eisenhower - this is not pronounced like in German. And correct us if we are wrong :)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
On a side note, if anyone has any ideas how we can get to other gaming sites, please let us know - this area is not exactly our greatest expertise.
Ehh, this game looks too promising to me. I didn't wanted to originally, but I pledged 15 dollars.

Although not a a gaming site, Totalbiscuit has a huge fanbase on youtube, he likes indie and PC stuff and already made a video about worthy kickstarters. Maybe you should talk to him to cover your game in one of his video. You can contact him here: mailbox@cynicalbrit.com

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I'd also mention if they are using the kick it back program, I'm sure Mr. Fargo might also mention them in his tweets.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
We are on Kickitforward page, not kick it back, mind you - Kick it back is how the corruption works in Russia :)

J_C - thank you for the info, Knotanalt, thank you too!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I asked Fargo to tweet it as well. He usually tweets about kickstarter projects involved in kickingitforward.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Good point, if anyone in this (relatively) small community has a bit closer tights to people like Fargo (BrotherNone??????) that would help spead the word...(Fargo posting a small tweet would bring a couple of thousands alone, I guess - judging from Banner Saga response). Would be great.

Notch-Minecraft guy, that's probably another story - would have to go through more online oriented people (an opposite of Codex, hehehe), or catch him cos-playing with Felicia Day and his dudes pants down somwhere in the Alps.

Man I really glad codex bros stepped up for this game. So much shitty kickstarter projects with nothing to show get piles of cash, and this project got very little, and all they ask for is measly 50 000$ and they already have a lot to show. Now it looks like it will be a success, and I'm glad.

Shannow

Waster of Time
I am also concerned about developers from "Russia" who start out with wonderful ideas but then fail to deliver a flawless product (for whatever reasons, obstinacy one of them).

Of course I also know that many Russians are very hard working dedicated guys, so it would be a good idea to introduce your people and the strengths they have, so we can judge the potential.
Wut?!?
Oh, ok. Never mind.
And the pronounciation of Eisenwald was just fine for somebody speaking with an eastern European accent. Don't be a fucking aspie, BB.

Gratz to your latest surge in donations, Aterdux. Looking good.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Yes, it was Stoic who mentioned us in the update for which we are very grateful! We took their pitch video as inspiration for our, we really liked their mood and how they present their work.This spreading the word could become another powerful thing like Kickitforward.

And about pronunciation of Eisenwald - we are aware how it is in German. But in English it's more like Eisenhower - this is not pronounced like in German. And correct us if we are wrong :)

Ok, then Ysenwault it is :lol:

Astral Rag

Arcane
I am now an official backer of Legends of Eisenwald.

On a side note, if anyone has any ideas how we can get to other gaming sites, please let us know - this area is not exactly our greatest expertise.

Contact Total Biscuit, he may not be well liked around here but he has a huge following and he has "promoted" other Kickstarter projects in the recent past.

Anyway best of luck with Legends of Eisenwald.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Astral Rag, you managed to edit the post before I could respond to your spelling of Eisenwald :) While starting with an "Y" it sounds interesting too, it reminds me more of Tolkien and for our low fantasy setting Eisenwald is still better :)

Stinger

Arcane
I want to pledge but due to some technical issues I've been unable to do this. In the meantime I've mentioned it on some other sites and and linked to this interview and kickstarter.

This game looks pretty good and I'll be sure to get it at launch if not during the kickstarter :salute: .

Haraldur

Augur
Two, nowhere in its 20 years run did Wizardry pretend to be "tactical" either (I know, I know, "tactical" is this year's buzzword, just like "C&C" was the last year and "immersive" the year before. In before an "immersive tactical romances" smash hit to appear on the shelves). Before it became this year's buzzword, "tactical blobber" used to be an oxymoron (and yes, here you are correct, a blobber switched to third person it is). A game without managing movement points, exploiting terrain etc is not tactical by definition, period.

Crusader Kings III: The Quest for Love DLC?

I want to pledge but due to some technical issues I've been unable to do this. In the meantime I've mentioned it on some other sites and and linked to this interview and kickstarter.

This game looks pretty good and I'll be sure to get it at launch if not during the kickstarter :salute: .

After the game is funded, surely they will open the PayPal option... Just like every other kickstarter did.

mondblut

Arcane
Two, nowhere in its 20 years run did Wizardry pretend to be "tactical" either (I know, I know, "tactical" is this year's buzzword, just like "C&C" was the last year and "immersive" the year before. In before an "immersive tactical romances" smash hit to appear on the shelves). Before it became this year's buzzword, "tactical blobber" used to be an oxymoron (and yes, here you are correct, a blobber switched to third person it is). A game without managing movement points, exploiting terrain etc is not tactical by definition, period.

Crusader Kings III: The Quest for Love DLC?

Moar liek, bioware combining their dialogue wheel with checkers in Dragon Ass 3.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Yup, we can open the Paypal and also another option for electronic payments for Russians since they ask a lot about it. But yes, first we need to reach our funding goal. And it would be so cool to release simultaneously Linux and MacOS version:)

Yup, we can open the Paypal and also another option for electronic payments for Russians since they ask a lot about it. But yes, first we need to reach our funding goal. And it would be so cool to release simultaneously Linux and MacOS version:)

I must say your reward tiers are very fair. Even on the lowest tier you get your game, your previous game with map editor, and on the next, 25$, 2 copies of Eisenwald + beta + Discord times. And I like that, simple and fair. But I think to raise more money you have to put some gimmicks, as I can see that other kickstarters which had gimmicks (which I personally dislike, I only want to fund the game I would like to play, because of the game itself, and I do not care much about various other rewards) attracted a lot of pledgers, because obviously people "dig" that... Especially your higher tiers. It doesn't have to be something physical.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
General Maxson, any suggestions are welcome for rewards. The thing is we have to be really careful what we promise because we are a very small team and doing something big can add to our schedule quite a bit of time. So, yes, our lower level rewards seem to be doing well but we need to do something with mid- and higher level rewards...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom