Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview RPG Codex Report: Gamescom, Wasteland 2 Preview And More

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Great article, really enjoyed reading it. Looking forward to the follow ups about M&M and Gamescom in general.

Also, was pretty depressing to read about the LogicArtists part. :cry: I hope they can get their new project off the ground.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Thanks for the great Codexreport.
What beats me up about this whole dispute, is that I played the game, and you know what? It was fucking great.
Now I wish Coreplay & bitComposer to reconcilate & hope Chaos Chronicles work to continue

Nice to have fresh news about Aterdux and Legend of Eisenwald too, since it was quite a long time we had no news about it.As far as I can remember, the April KS update said the game could see the light in September, so it seems we'll have to wait a little more

Boxer

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
BUwbqyN.jpg

Bahahahahhaa AHAHHAHAHHAHAH hahahahahah
7 years for a bachelors in politicals administstratshun herp?
Wahahahahhahaha
Comedy sometimes writes itself!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
7 years for a bachelors in politicals administstratshun?

3 years for a bachelor's in European Union Studies, ½ year to work as a teacher, ½ a year to do political work, 1 year so far studying for my masters. That's 5. Next year I'll be done. You fail @ Facebook stalking.

Last edited:

Wizfall

Cipher
Nice report, thanks.
A shame about CC but the other games in development look promising.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Grunker you are doing it wrong.

You need to take a photo of yourself, surrounded by the swag, smiling the most obnoxious smile you can muster (you can put a fedora on for added effect). Then Crooked Bee needs to tweet the photo with a professionally enthusiastic comment, extolling the virtues of Ubisoft and their subsidiaries.

Only then will the Prestigious Magazine achievement be complete.

Article was nice, informative and clear, but still retaining genuine Codexian character, making it impossible to confuse with a piece authored by a real journalist (I don't think Ubisoft is going to be sending us any more invitations). It's a bit rough around the edges, there are a few typos, and stylistically, it sometimes shows that you're not a native english speaker, but that's more of a nitpick than real criticism. Looking forward to the editorial about Gamescom and the game journalism conducted therein.

drae

Augur
Article was nice, informative and clear, but still retaining genuine Codexian character, making it impossible to confuse with a piece authored by a real journalist (I don't think Ubisoft is going to be sending us any more invitations).

Really? I thought it lacked character.

Anyway, I have a lot of criticisms about the way it was written. But seeing as the writer isn't a native english speaker, I'll blame the editor instead.

Infinitron, you edit like a dyslexic!

imweasel

Great read!

:bro:

On our way out from inXile, we stumble into Michael Hoss from bitComposer, whom you'll recall was involved in the negotiations with Coreplay concerning the dispute the two parties had over Codex pet project Chaos Chronicles. Michael is in a good mood, though obviously taxed by his many duties at the conference. Of course, the first thing we ask about is Chaos Chronicles: “Well, I can't say more than that I still pray for a solution to this. I really fucking hope we can come to some sort of terms with Coreplay on this,” he says, “but it takes two to tango.” His smile fades a bit. “You know, when you work in this business, you see plenty of games come and go. You see good games, you see bad games. What beats me up about this whole dispute, is that I played the game, and you know what? It was fucking great. It was the kind of game you could be proud of having a hand in. The kind of game where the talent of the development team really showed. Such a shame.”
:(

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
As the demonstration draws to a close, we begin to realize why Thomas Beekers was hired by inXile. Whenever Fargo or Keenan reply to our questions in ways that are perhaps less than useful to us, Beekers quickly jumps in. He clearly knows that the Codex is primarily interested in gameplay mechanics, and he seems to always be ready with an extension of Keenan and Fargo's replies when they are insufficiently technical.
How disturbing it is that the lead designer on this project is unable to answer design questions properly.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
It's probably not as much that he can't but that he probably repeated that presentation 20 times before to people who didn't really care

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
As the demonstration draws to a close, we begin to realize why Thomas Beekers was hired by inXile. Whenever Fargo or Keenan reply to our questions in ways that are perhaps less than useful to us, Beekers quickly jumps in. He clearly knows that the Codex is primarily interested in gameplay mechanics, and he seems to always be ready with an extension of Keenan and Fargo's replies when they are insufficiently technical.
How disturbing it is that the lead designer on this project is unable to answer design questions properly.

Evidently you misunderstood. Though I didn't write it that well I can see. Fargo, Keenan and Findley were more than able to answer, but they didn't give us those über-detailed sort of technical gameplay replies that Codexers like. Brother None knew which answer we were looking for. There's a difference. It was evident that most of them were used to give standard answers to the average crowd who just like answers like "yes, there's a range system", while Beekers knew we were looking for technical answers. In best Roguey-quoting fashion I'll point out that Logic Artists actually told us the same thing:

RPG Codex Report on Logic Artists said:
As we finish up and I prepare to leave the offices of Logic Artists, Wæver stands up from the couch: "You know, it's funny. Most sites that interview us are mainly interested in all sorts of stuff about our company and Kickstarter and the basics of what the game is about. You guys always ask these these really technical questions about gameplay," he laughs.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=8808

:)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
That was a pretty good summary of Gamescom (cRPG wise). Good job :salute:

Looking forward to the other parts.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
And if you kill too many people, it will have consequences for you - that's not the way Desert Rangers should act and you will feel the consequences of your actions. But even if you just kill a few people, there might be consequences you didn't expect.
But will it have consequences?

Solid article, glad you guys were there :salute:

you know what? It was fucking great.
:(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom