Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Interview RPG Codex Retrospective Interview: Ian Boswell and Martin Buis on The Dark Heart of Uukrul

octavius

Arcane
Patron
....or The Dark Heart of...

L%C3%B8krull.jpg

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
I was completely hooked on this interview! Despite not playing the game, I am now downloading, and will give it a shot on DOSBox!

Usually I wait for games tor release on GoG these days, but since this is an older game, and not likely to be ported to modern PC anytime soon, and I've not messed with DOSBox before, anybody know how to get this game working!? I know Azrael's Tear took a bit of work, anybody want to explain this program to me, or what settings I need to configure to get this thing running on Windows 7, modern PC!? ::excited!::

Oh yes, and Thank you guys! I love Visionaries, and it is obvious these two designers did this game as a labor of love, rather than a marketing ploy, which in itself, shows the dedication to a principle. I hope they invent another game sometime soon! I'd play it even with 8 bit color graphix! Thnx.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
I am so fascinated by this game.

Any chance I can get it working on a modern system? I've not messed around with DOSBox, what Settings do you guys use to get this game to run?

I'm on a Windows 7 Netbook, widescreen ATM. :/

http://www.dosgamers.com/dos/dosbox-dos-emulator/screen-resolution

Thanks! I just saw this reply. Codex didn't send me a notification of this reply, btw, so I noticed it barely after reposting my reply.

You guys are amazing.

Truly, games are visionary art when done to a degree! All it takes is dedication to an art style, principles, and commitment to making it an interactive approach, as well as subtlety and cinematography, where appropriate.

Anything which requires Creativity to this degree is on my LIST "to Play." !!! :)

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Giauz Ragnacock

Scholar
What does Crooked Bee and the crpgaddict have in common? They both loved Dark Heart of Uukrul. www.crpgaddict.blogspot.com/2012/11/dark-heart-of-uukrul-final-rating_17.html

I'm really going to have to play through this thing.

That's an interesting article, thanks. Given his taste I didn't expect him to enjoy Uukrul, but I'm glad there is at least one good CRPG that he seems to like.

Clearly Pool of Radiance and Ultima 5, etc.... aren't good CRPGs :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom