Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review RPG Codex Review: ICY

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
Do not forget to sell those improvements as Director Cut. Otherwise they will not be noticed.
We're evaluating the situation: we'd like to turn ICY into something bigger and deeper, but on the other side it must be a sensible investment and we can't risk to spend more than we could get with such improvement. But we will most surely fix the gameplay, we just don't know the magnitude of the various improvements.

OwNathan, does Inner Void have another game in the pipeline, or too early to say definitely? I liked the alpha, but haven't gotten around to playing the released version. At least in my brief fun through I really liked the world you guys created. Good lucky with more ICY sales.

EDIT: Legion
We'd really like to keep developing those kind of games, but the sad reality is that to create a good RPG that is also a valid product on the current market you have to invest money to both have time to create a vast and deep narrative but also to give it high production values. Right now we're searching a way to keep developing good games to bring us enough money to start developing some serious RPGs and ICY is not enough, despite the decent incomes we're getting out of it. One thing we know for sure: we won't start developing crap in the desperate try of following a crappy trends and milk some money with a shitty game.

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bought it spontaneously yesterday. I quiet like the presentation and the art style. There are still some kinks in the dialogue, but all in all
it's enjoyable. There are still some inventory bugs, like items stack over each other and the inventory can't sorted, items not equipped
anymore. A workaround is throw a random item away, mostly that resolves it. But that's being looked into. Can I call it a more laid
back gameplay? Sometimes I like to play something, that's still engaging, but doesn't tax me as much, as say Underrail, AoD or
Syndicate Reign.

One thing we know for sure: we won't start developing crap in the desperate try of following a crappy trends and milk some money with a shitty game.

So, no possibility for Choplifter meets ICY? Pity. :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom