Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex Top 50 cRPGs - Retards who cannot read and Discussion thread

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I LOVED Dark Souls, but it's an console title that was ported a long time after, and, more importantly, I cannot consider a game a true cRPG fs the best way to play it is with a gamepad...

That's why I really want to make a "Top 50 CONSOLE RPGs" once this ends. ;)
It was just a 11 months difference between the initail PS3 launch and the PC launch. Initially, they didn't even consider a PC launch and people had to bitch and moan and there was even that public petition, but in the end it got ported to PC in less then a year (and it shows:)...). But it is a really good RPG. Shit like Skyrim and Mass Effect and most of the AAA RPGs released during the last decade don't even hold a candle to Dark Souls. It's a real pity that such a good game is excluded.

As for the Console RPGs idea, it should be interesting, but most "for console RPGs" are JRPGs, and those are not really my cup of tea.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron

That would make for a pretty butthurt thread. And SMT would probably win.
I bet on Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy Tactics; and yes, butthurt would be major, that's why I say we should wait for this one to end, to avoid overlapping & learn from the experiece, and also have help from someone on the staff to keep the voting thread "clean", like Jeasun is doing...

Sure, jrpgcodex.com domain is available, you weaboo faggot.
As is wrpgcodex.net. :smug:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Why wait. Do it dude.
Just let me cook up 5 buckets of popcorn first so I can sit back and watch that thread. ;)
Give me admin power over 2 threads and I'll do it. :cool:

You can even leave the staff out, so it's a non-Codex Santioned list, to avoid hurting some hardcore fags feelings over decline....

skuphundaku

Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Sure, jrpgcodex.com domain is available, you weaboo faggot.

This is what happens when you allow weaboo trash to infest the prestigious magazine. Instead of instructions consisting of just one line ("list 25 best RPGs"), you get this clusterfuck.
Actually, if it were just "list your favorite 25 RPGs" and nothing else, all this circle jerking would have been avoided. Of course, there would have been some JRPGs listed here and there, but I don't think that many of those would have made it into the final top 50. But Jaesun seems to be very insecure about JRPGs and extremely butthurt about the fact that Dark Souls is a very good RPG, much better than most of what what the western devs have created over the last decade.

Dark Souls is not even what one would call a JRPG. It's developed by a Japanese team and it is a RPG, but it's in no shape and form what it is commonly called a JRPG.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Actually, if it were just "list your favorite 25 RPGs" and nothing else, all this circle jerking would have been avoided. Of course, there would have been some JRPGs listed here and there, but I don't thing that many of those would have made it into the final top 50.
You underestimate the ranks of the Codex, Jeasun was more than right top be anal about leaving consoles out, even at the expense of Dark Souls. A free-for-all Top 50 RPG list would probably have 10-15 console titles...

skuphundaku

Patron
Actually, if it were just "list your favorite 25 RPGs" and nothing else, all this circle jerking would have been avoided. Of course, there would have been some JRPGs listed here and there, but I don't thing that many of those would have made it into the final top 50.
You underestimate the ranks of the Codex, Jeasun was more than right top be anal about leaving consoles out, even at the expense of Dark Souls. A free-for-all Top 50 RPG list would probably have 10-15 console titles...
10-15 console titles in the top 50 RPGs of all times isn't something so outrageous that we need to kill it with fire. That way, we would have been true to ourselves and knew where we actually stand. This way, we just look (Jeasun in particular) really fucking insecure.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Why are people voting World of Warcraft? Why does it deserve to be in a Top25 RPG list other than *games that started the biggest decline*?

Considering some of the votes in here I'm just waiting for someone to include Call of Duty.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
10-15 console titles in the top 50 RPGs of all times isn't something so outrageous that we need to kill it with fire. That way, we would have been true to ourselves and knew where we actually stand. This way, we just look (Jeasun in particular) really fucking insecure.
Probably even Jaesun would add Valkyria Chronicles or something in his Top 50 RPG list, but I've waived this flag four many battles and got scolded by DU and the staff... official story is that "RPG Codex is a COMPUTER RPG website that toletares weaboos and console fags. While consoles /jrpgs can be appreciated, they are not the focus here, wadadadada".

Besides, to be honest, the internet needs a cRPG-only list, even if only to antagonize retarded lists like IGN's top 100 rpgs... THEY DIDN'T EVEN LIST ARCANUM! :mad:

Why are people voting World of Warcraft? Why does it deserve to be in a Top25 RPG list other than *games that started the biggest decline*?
Because it's a personal list and I had more fun with World of Warcraft than with most other RPGs people are listing. There is a reason why it endured 8 years as undisputed king of MMOs.

Marsal

Arcane
Why wait. Do it dude.
Just let me cook up 5 buckets of popcorn first so I can sit back and watch that thread. ;)
Give me admin power over 2 threads and I'll do it. :cool:

You can even leave the staff out, so it's a non-Codex Santioned list, to avoid hurting some hardcore fags feelings over decline....
DarkUnderlord Give ME admin powers and I'll sort out this problem AND the server load problem simultaneously! How you use the jewgold for the server update, will be, of course, left to your discretion.

Free search function and instant incline for everyone (that survives the purge reckoning inquisition selection process)! Vote for me and the (weaboo) free Codex!

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Give ME admin powers and I'll sort out this problem AND the server load problem simultaneously! How you use the jewgold for the server update, will be, of course, left to your discretion.

Free search function and instant incline for everyone (that survives the purge reckoning inquisition selection process)! Vote for me and the (weaboo) free Codex!
But Marsal-kun, we love you, you are kawai-desu.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There's nothing wrong with liking a flawed game. I voted for Bloodlines but at least their the core RPG mechanics are sound it's just that publisher issues caused the game to take a massive nosedive right around the sewers/warren section.
New Vegas's RPG mechanics are either equal to or more solid than Bloodlines's. Combat in Bloodlines is worse, stealth and social skills are about equal, though New Vegas's are more well-supported. No tediously boring post-Hollywood endgame either.

Oh and some better quests too. There's nothing remotely approaching something like Beyond the Beef in Bloodlines.

Wizfall

Cipher
It would be interesting to add something like "still recommended today" after each cRPG name.
Because i would not recommend to play Dungeon Master, Ultima 4 or Daggerfall nowadays even if they are in my top 25 RPG list.
It will also allow me to pick other people games knowing they could still be very enjoyable.

Marsal

Arcane
Marsal, you are here long enough to know how DU usually favours MASSIVE butthurt-inducting measures over "hardcore cleansing"... :roll:
Why do I have access to ban console then? :smug: I guess DU is sick of your kind and wants SOLUTIONS! BRB, drafting the purge list.

Do you really think I expect DU to give me admin powers, so I can ban users as I please? Even you can't be that stupid. :roll:

But Marsal-kun, we love you, you are kawai-desu.

tIgeD.gif

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The worst part of Bloodlines was the damned hair physics. That shit was jarring as fuck to look at.

Other than that, it's pretty spiff.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Because it's a personal list and I had more fun with World of Warcraft than with most other RPGs people are listing. There is a reason why it endured 8 years as undisputed king of MMOs.

This. Besides, original World of Warcraft had some pretty epic seeming questlines and interesting exploration. It didn't get batshit retarded until later. I spent way more time than I'd like to admit on original WoW.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It would be interesting to add something like "still recommended today" after each cRPG name.
Because i would not recommend to play Dungeon Master, Ultima 4 or Daggerfall nowadays even if they are in my top 25 RPG list.
It will also allow me to pick other people games knowing they could still be very enjoyable.
Dungeon Master holds up pretty well even today. Maybe even better, since it's twitchy as fuck.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Wrpgfags are a insecure bunch. 20 years of Jrpg dominance in the video games sure make people butthurt around these parts.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wrpgfags are a insecure bunch. 20 years of Jrpg dominance in the video games sure make people butthurt around these parts.
If you're going to troll, you have to at least make it plausible that *some* people could actually believe what you're saying to be the case.

i.e. There has not been a jrpg of note released outside of Japan for a long, long time now.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter

This. Besides, original World of Warcraft had some pretty epic seeming questlines and interesting exploration. It didn't get batshit retarded until later. I spent way more time than I'd like to admit on original WoW.
:lol: so much butthurt over the IGN list, yet you guys do the same shit like a bunch of amateurs... If you like mmorpgs, just make a top X mmorpgs. Might as well just make a top X best games ever.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
If you're going to troll, you have to at least make it plausible that *some* people could actually believe what you're saying to be the case.

i.e. There has not been a jrpg of note released outside of Japan for a long, long time now.
I didn't say Jrpgs are dominating now, learn2read. Just go and look at the best selling rpgs and the majority of them are from Japan. Why do you think the mainstream are so IGNorant towards wrpgs? Amnesia?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom