Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware RPG Codex's Best RPGs - 2019 - REVIEW THREAD!

hans_af_claes

Novice
but why is crusaider kings II, king of dragon pass, diablo and Mount & Blade on the list? does the codex need another rpg vs crpg discussion again to settle the matter for all time?

apart from not being a rpg crusaider kings but also the witcher & ATOM are questionable to be considered as the best rpgs of all time as not anyone of them contain any real innovation or good storytelling... there are like atleast 10 other games on that list I can instantly spot and say the same thing aobut..

a few..
ADOM
ToME
Cataclysm
Runescape (wtf)

Elminage: Gothic > Icewind Dale 2 (in what dimension does that compute?)
Legend of Grimrock might be low but 100 considering it was one of the best selling oldschool rpgs?

Serpent in the staglands (pic related) not even included and neither is any JRPG.. (Ok I give up now and I start to remember why I left the codex to begin with :retarded:)

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
imo it is perfectly fine to play and enjoy popamole games - as long as you're aware that they are popamole.

I've also played Skyrim and Oblivion (like most people here, I presume) and they're fun, it would be stupid to deny that. but they're complete decline and utter trash compared to the almighty Daggerfall.

for me, it's like this:
- the mainstream gamer only plays Skyrim/ Fallout 4 and doesn't know of Daggerfall/ Fallout 1 or he won't play them because they're old.
- people with good taste acknowledge that Daggerfall/ Fallout are vastly superior to their sequels. if that's the case it doesn't matter if that person also enjoys the sequels, as long as he doesn't think they are better.
Yes but Daggerfall doesn't have big tit mods

hans_af_claes

Novice
My List (Best To Worst):

PST
Fallout 1 + 2
Arcanum
Icewind Dale
UnderRail (metro 2033 book ripoff but whatever)
Lands Of Lore the Throne of Chaos
Gothic 1 + 2
Baldurs Gate (never liked them as much as the above as they didn't have enough flavour to the characters+storytelling; I also despise bioWare and Black Isle was 10x better)
Kotor 1 + 2
Vampire Masquerade
Arx Fatalis
Final Fantasy Games
The Elder Scrolls
Teudogar
Neverwinter Nights
...shitter than NWN means it's not even worth mentioning except perhaps som Jeff Vogel games (exile 3)

Last edited:

Void_Pickle

Educated
But the ones you mentioned in the vote thread aren't here..?

Do we still need reviews or is that all wrapped up at this point.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Yes but Daggerfall doesn't have big tit mods
DF-npc-Morgiah.jpg
200px-DF-npc-Medora.png
200px-DF-npc-Lady_Bridwell.png

DF-npc-Dibella.png
DF-npc-Necromancer_%28female%29_02.png
DF-npc-Necromancer_%28female%29.png

DF-npc-Prostitute_03.png
DF-npc-Prostitute_05.png
DF-npc-Prostitute_06.png
DF-npc-Prostitute_07.png
DF-npc-Prostitute.png

latest

Daggerfall has no need of such mods. +M

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Finally, it's not that bad, i count only 15 games that have nothing to do in that list and 7 criminally underrated.

Half of the remaining ones are overrated, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom