Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Writing Hall of Infamy

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
V stands for verbose.

barghwata

Savant
D:OS , Fallout 3 and Baldur's gay are the holy trinity of shitty writing in my opinion; you could argue that there is much worst out there but these three are the only ones i remember being so bad that they actually offended me. Then again i haven't played Dragon age 2 and Numenera so i probably haven't seen the worst yet.

Other then that, you can count in almost every jrpg in existence.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Dragon Age 2 - It was the beginning of the end for them.
Oh fuck, what a memorable trainwreck.

A three act structure, where each act is a completely separate story that do not flow from one another in any way whatsoever.

Retarded heroic/sarcastic/psychotic dialog options where your PC says the opposite of what you've just picked half the time.

Bland, unlikable characters.

The most annoyingly fake c&c in any RPG ever.

Only thing worse than Dragon Fags II is Dragon Fags III. At least II was entertainingly bad, III was just the most atrocious and boring piece of shit I had ever played, and the characters were unlikable and physically hideous to the point where I suspect an insane person wrote and designed them (remember Sera)?

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
["Your little skull sponge can't possibly get its grey cells around it"]
It's like the writer intially wrote "You can't wrap your brain around it" and then used a thesaurus on that sentence like a caveman wielding a club.
Something a frail nerd would think sounds cool if spoken irl

Cringe! That's just too much, especially the girl going "Senpai..." Uh, fucking weebs were probably creaming themselves watching this.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
["Your little skull sponge can't possibly get its grey cells around it"]
It's like the writer intially wrote "You can't wrap your brain around it" and then used a thesaurus on that sentence like a caveman wielding a club.
Something a frail nerd would think sounds cool if spoken irl

And this is what happens in reality lol:
tenor.gif

Gona love all those liberal weaktards's delusions about beating stronger people.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
C2077 writing looks shit too

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom