Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGamers RPG of the Decade

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
RPGGamers RPG of the Decade

RPGamer names its picks for the best <a href="http://www.rpgamer.com/features/decade/decade-4.html">RPGs of the last decade</a>. The winner is Persona 3, a game I didn't even play, but I guess it must be mighty awesome since it came in first after all. Dragon Age came in fourth:

<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">But what makes Dragon Age so impressive? The answer is simple: choice. Lots of RPGs offer choices, but Dragon Age really took things a step further by applying the consequences of these decisions to all aspects of the game. Who will live and who will die? Other RPGs have offered this choice, but most tend to end there. In Origins, make a wrong choice and your party members might turn on you. The decisions forced upon you are not clear black and white, but lots of shades of gray, and this more than anything is what sets Dragon Age: Origins apart. Taking up the mantle of a user-created character, players actually play a role and that requires them to make the character their own and live with the choices.
</p>

I concur, all the consequences to my choices made me dizzy.

Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#14465">RPGWatch</A>

bhlaab

Erudite
Gragt said:
I bet that we'll get all that "of the decade" nonsense again next year.

a games journalist will pass up no excuse to make a top 10 list

Fucking Quality Poster

What a shitty ass, pathetic fucking list. Only a mouth-breathing pleb would say that Persona 3 is the best RPG of the fucking decade. That is stupid, moronic, and just... AAARGGGHH

Felix

Arcane
Gragt said:
I bet that we'll get all that "of the decade" nonsense again next year.

"Of the decade" is old and tired, we get "the best evar" come out every few month now :smug:

Sirus

Liturgist
i never played 3, but i had more fun with persona 4 than any recent bioware game.

Fritz Haber

Educated
...this is no topten how can it be a topten it has no handhelds no handhelds persona
in ten years noone talks about persona where is pokemon...

Big Nose George

Educated
xp2e51.jpg

Felix

Arcane
Persona 3 is tedious though, also pretentious and main character look like an emo fag.

Meh, Persona 3 and Dragon Age were OK. Frankly I'm surprised Persona made the list though, normally people are too busy cocksucking everything bioware and bethesda puts out. You can't usually expect the games without a $50 million marketing budget to place anywhere regardless of how good they may be.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Isn't Persona like a faggy dating simulator and really shitty tedious dungeon crawler?

MetalCraze

Arcane
You perfectly know that RPGs are all about C&C. Courting and copulation.
This top 10 of the decade 2009-2010 proves that

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
HanoverF said:
Isn't Persona like a faggy dating simulator and really shitty tedious dungeon crawler?
Yes, it's a JRPG. Or so the screenshots tell me. Never heard of the game before.

Azarkon

Arcane
HanoverF said:

Yes.

Persona_3_AD.jpg

But it's a relatively innovative and well-made representation of this genre.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom