Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex awards

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
I think RPGCodex should do year 2004 cRPG awards session (Paper Mario anyone?) givng away
  • The cRPG of the Year 2005
  • The Shittiest cRPG of the Year 2k5
Maybe another suggestions, though?

Hajo

Liturgist
The motto of The Codex: "Putting the role back in RPG"

So I suggest an award for the best implementation of role playing.

Reklar

Liturgist
You could give the Volourn Award for the worst advertising campaign (most BS) for a cRPG, and it might actually be a hotly contested category. :D

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

Fez

Erudite
You even get a free EXCLUSIVE backtick with every dumbfuck title!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Whichever admin has the itchiest trigger finger"

Ha. It's only a matter of time before I gain that honour. It's real ahrd work to get Dumbfuck as a title. i've been trying for going on two years now. Argh.

I want me some award!

Seven

Erudite
Volourn said:
"Whichever admin has the itchiest trigger finger"

Ha. It's only a matter of time before I gain that honour. It's real ahrd work to get Dumbfuck as a title. i've been trying for going on two years now. Argh.

I want me some award!

I think that you have a fixed amount of time to earn that title. Sadly, in your case I think that ship has sailed.

Better luck next time.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Saint commented that a dumbfuck title be made especially for Sarvis because illiterate wasn't enough to convey the true extent of Sarvis's nature. So I made it.

Sarvis

Erudite
Exitium said:
Saint commented that a dumbfuck title be made especially for Sarvis because illiterate wasn't enough to convey the true extent of Sarvis's nature. So I made it.

*bow*

It's funny that you can't understand simple english, yet I'm the illiterate/dumbfuck though...

Hajo

Liturgist
Volourn said:
It's real ahrd work to get Dumbfuck as a title. i've been trying for going on two years now. Argh.

You put too much cleverness in your tries. This way you'll never reach the realms of dumbfuck.

Hajo

Liturgist
Sarvis said:
It's funny that you can't understand simple english, yet I'm the illiterate/dumbfuck though...

I'm honestly impressed of your self confidence to stay and participate even after getting the label.

Sarvis

Erudite
Hajo said:
Sarvis said:

I'm honestly impressed of your self confidence to stay and participate even after getting the label.

*snicker* I basically figure I earned the label by staying in the first place. Obviously since none of my views match the general populace around here I should have fled quickly... since I didn't they figure I'm a dumbfuck.

Would be a shame to back out now. ;)

Hajo

Liturgist
Sarvis said:

I just wanted to let you know, that I didn't like this move of the admins. Actually it scared me to a point, that I almost didn't dare to write the message. Yes, this is the codex, it's not for the weak and whatever. But see this:

Voltaire said:

Monsieur l'abbé, I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write.

I think the readers will make their own picture of each of us. The admins don't need to stick labels. OTOH knowing who distributes the labels helps us to make our picture of them.

Sarvis

Erudite
Hajo said:
Sarvis said:

I just wanted to let you know, that I didn't like this move of the admins. Actually it scared me to a point, that I almost didn't dare to write the message. Yes, this is the codex, it's not for the weak and whatever. But see this:

Voltaire said:

Monsieur l'abbé, I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write.

I think the readers will make their own picture of each of us. The admins don't need to stick labels. OTOH knowing who distributes the labels helps us to make our picture of them.

Interesting quote... who's it from?

Ortchel

Liturgist
I think he wanted to know who Voltaire was.

Wikipedia said:
François-Marie Arouet (November 21, 1694—May 30, 1778), better known by the pen name Voltaire, was a French Enlightenment writer, deist and philosopher.
You can read more here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom