Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex Minecraft Server

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
No way to just edit in your position :(. I'll check whats going on tomorrow

BulMaster

Educated
http://imgur.com/a/59MM5#0 OK lets talk infrastructure.

Thinking of building these all around the atoll...connecting everything.

and we could have a similar lifted plaza on pillars with a subway/train central below it.

And then we can have a underclass WHO IS NOT ALLOWED TO LIVE ABOVE GROUND!

Looks really good, I think someone has started digging metro lines underneath the city centre. I for one plan to link a line from to downtown, so will see what design you use and use the same. Just need to finish my palace.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
No way to just edit in your position :(.
This exploration business is becoming expensive.

Is it a conflict between something new or some issue with something you've removed? Would it be easier if we just wiped the map, installed the 1.1 mods we want, start over and hold it for 12 months then?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
No way to just edit in your position :(.
This exploration business is becoming expensive.

Is it a conflict between something new or some issue with something you've removed? Would it be easier if we just wiped the map, installed the 1.1 mods we want, start over and hold it for 12 months then?
I have no idea what's causing you to get stuck in the world and I'm having troubles reproducing the stuff. I don't think that its the stuff that I removed, but to be sure I'm going to remove all buildcraft pipes as this is the only thing that's producing errors in the log. There are also some smaller bugs

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Still get wall of dirt when I try to login. Nix my profile and I'll wander out North again and logout there and see if it re-occurs.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
OH BLOODY HELL!
WHY DIDNT YOU WARN ME THAT THE SAME COULD HAPPEN TO ME!

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
We've got a working theory. Temaperacl and deus now can't login after they went to the village NW of Temaperacl's home at -926, 64, -355. Deus walked out there and crashed out too... and now can't log back in.

So something to do with villages / villagers?

EDIT: Yep, confirmed. I couldn't login even though I was appearing at spawn on the map. Deleted my .minecraft folder and did a complete reinstall with a fresh download of the mod pack. With that, I was able to login at spawn.

I then walked over to the village and it crashed as soon as I got there. Now I can't log back in. So something is definitely fucked if not in the village, then definitely in that area. NPCs? Resources there? Special blocks in that region?

deus101

can you move me then, and then i try to reinstall(which according to DU seemed to help)

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Ok that's a start. Ill see what I can do. Give me 30 mind to get to a pc.

EDIT: OK I have no clue what's causing this. The world works in SP and there aren't any problems with the config files, also no errors logged anywhere. I've removed the npc plugin for bukkit which may be causing this, but right now I have to go and don't have time to test it.

Server is up.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I didn't sign any nuclear non-proliferation treaty, why does the nuke recipe make luminators now?:x

Wanted to use them to carve out an underground area - Muty can you still use the nukes if I gave you the ingredients and pointed out the area where I want them?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
In the interest of SCIENCE! I went to explore the village to the southwest, across the ocean, and I got the very same wall of dirt crash, and again on login. Seems like it wasn't the npc plugin at least :(
Nuke my profile please, I left all my valuables at home anyway :)

deus101

FOR FUCKS SAKE!

IM SICK OF TIRED OF LOOSING SHIT TO BUGS IN THE SERVER!

3 stacks of stone posts.
and 18 overclocker upgrades.

1 mining laser
1 mining drill with diamond.
1 diamond pickaxe.
1 jetpack
1 blue bat-pack thingy.

Just....PLEASE!

I was out trying to get to Temp because i thought he was tryng to get stuff he dropped but couldnt find/get ot it.

Don't punish ME for being altruistic.....or nukes or not....I CAN MAKE SHIT EXPLODE! *RARG*

* seriously annoyance here*

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
* seriously annoyance here*

3GgQr.gif

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Let's nuke this buggy world and start over with a new one, keeping it stable this time! The world looks like shit since 1.1 made it snow around spawn anyway.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Let's nuke this buggy world and start over with a new one, keeping it stable this time! The world looks like shit since 1.1 made it snow around spawn anyway.

Not sure if its gonna help...

Deus I reimbursed your stuff. I'm very sorry to hear that you are sick and tired of these problems. I'll do anything to make it up to you.
:rpgcodex:

Luzur

Good Sir

oh no you dont, i just finished my damn home, restart the world again and its gonna be a dirthut the next time.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member

Easy way to test that. New map with all the mods you want installed (copy the current map off somewhere). Plonk a couple of planes at the starting point and we'll fly around until we find a village and see if it crashes.

I wouldn't be surprised if something got messed somewhere with some of the mods being installed and then removed. Something left behind causing issues or something.

Actually, can you put up the current map for download? I wouldn't mind testing a few things in single player with it.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Here:

http://headsh0t.me/world.zip

I don't think that it's a problem with the mods that were removed. They do cause issues, but not such as this one.

It looks like a bug with the villagers AI or something. I'm not entirely sure if this is the reason, but I had to downgrade the client minecraftforge(the api that links the mods together) since the latest version was reporting its version as 0.0 to the mods and was crashing the client. Theres a fixed version out, along with some other updated stuff that I'm going to try out tomorrow.

EDIT: Theres a new modloader out which is supposed to fix some bugs too. I'll update those tomorrow and see how it goes.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Ok, the server is officially fucked for me. Logged in today at spawn. Went to my base. Re-built - for about the sixth time now - all my tools and equipment I'd lost, then just stayed around my base and worked there. Logged out.

Tried to log back in again now and... Same wall of dirt problem.

I really do think we need to nuke it and try again. At least temporarily to see if the error occurs with a fresh start. Everything was fine before the 1.1 update. Something done between 1 -> 1.1 must have triggered it.

Interesting, I get the same problem in single player. Copied that into my minecraft saves folder and fired up MC. Went single player, chose the world and all I got was a message "saving chunks" before the screen went black.

Something's corrupted or it's some issue that I doubt we'll ever pin down. I think you could spending the next month trying to fix it and not get anywhere (I also can't afford to re-build all my shit every day and lose all my shit in inventory every time I log-out :/ And there's no point me trying to login again until this has been fixed and confirmed fixed).

I say we nuke it, do a fresh start from scratch with 1.1 and then DON'T FUCKING UPDATE ANYTHING FOR 12 MONTHS. No new mods, no extra mods, no mod changes, no small updates. Just leave it.

EDIT: Nuke it when planes are working, so we have those on new server.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
If we do go for a new world, let's do some test runs with different seeds until we get one with a landscape around spawn that is truly :monocle: That would also give us a chance to find any serious issues with the mods.

Also, I remember getting crashes close to villages in the 1.0 test world, the world before the current one.

deus101

Deus I reimbursed your stuff. I'm very sorry to hear that you are sick and tired of these problems. I'll do anything to make it up to you.

"the ban hammer has spoken" Why you gotta be a playah?

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Ok, just did a reinstall again and managed to login. IDK WTF is going on. :/ We'll see how long that lasts...

I even managed to get into the world in single player and walk around the village.

I'd say maybe it's my local copy that's getting fucked if it wasn't happening to others? Maybe the server mods just need a fresh re-install and then our map would work fine with villages?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech

Ok, just did a reinstall again and managed to login. IDK WTF is going on. :/ We'll see how long that lasts...

I even managed to get into the world in single player and walk around the village.

I'd say maybe it's my local copy that's getting fucked if it wasn't happening to others? Maybe the server mods just need a fresh re-install and then our map would work fine with villages?

"the ban hammer has spoken" Why you gotta be a playah?

:love:removed... for now.

When spec mentioned it I remembered that we had the same issue in 1.0 with a different world, so the problem is the same we just didn't encounter it because of the borders. Maybe there was some bug in the world generation code in that version. I'll generate a new test world now at see how it goes.

Also planes mod port is on hold for now :( not sure when the new version will come oout.

EDIT: Nope, same shit in the new world. My client crashed when I got close to a village. I'm trying to find out whats causing this. but a world reset wont help

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom