Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex Minecraft Server

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
What's the benefit of quarrying in the twilight forest?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
What's the benefit of quarrying in the twilight forest?

Well it'll apparently get rid of your diamond surplus by eating your quarries. :troll:

Twilight Forest has hollow hills everywhere, which are chock-full of resources (and also lots of enemies as you'd imagine). Great source of resources early on, once you have some decent armor and preferably some potions to help you with combat.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Dynmap is working again: http://mc.headsh0t.me/

Ab9rCVU.jpg

True kodexian villagers. :lol:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It uhhh... appears I've developed some kind of method to create infinite buckets. Because I ended up, somehow or another, with an infinite number of them coming out of a filter and trying to feed into my Liquid Transposer. I was in the process of upgrading to Tesseracts, so I knocked out the filter... Which was full of even more buckets. Ten minutes later and my PC was still trying to compute the number of buckets on-screen and the server hung. I hit restart, as of right now, the server is still trying to restart.

EDIT Muty - I cheated. If you view source in MCMyAdmin, you can see code for a "Kill Server" button which is set to not display, I tweaked it with Chrome's edit properties to display it and clicked it. I was then able to restart the server. Is there a way to make that button always visible?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
It uhhh... appears I've developed some kind of method to create infinite buckets. Because I ended up, somehow or another, with an infinite number of them coming out of a filter and trying to feed into my Liquid Transposer. I was in the process of upgrading to Tesseracts, so I knocked out the filter... Which was full of even more buckets. Ten minutes later and my PC was still trying to compute the number of buckets on-screen and the server hung. I hit restart, as of right now, the server is still trying to restart.

EDIT Muty - I cheated. If you view source in MCMyAdmin, you can see code for a "Kill Server" button which is set to not display, I tweaked it with Chrome's edit properties to display it and clicked it. I was then able to restart the server. Is there a way to make that button always visible?

I'll check the source.

EDIT: I found out why dynmap is not rendering properly, it shoud work after I rebuild the tile cache..again.
Anyway I added 4 more jigabytes ram to the server, dynmap needs fuckloads of ram in order to work properly.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Well, the server is down. I can kill the server but whenever I start it it crashes with a severe error and an error report:

[INFO] Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: any.n()Lyc;
[INFO] at binnie.extrabees.apiary.AlvearyFrame$ComponentFrameModifier.wearOutEquipment(AlvearyFrame.java:62)
[INFO] at binnie.extrabees.apiary.TileExtraBeeAlveary.wearOutEquipment(TileExtraBeeAlveary.java:186)
[INFO] at forestry.apiculture.gadgets.TileAlvearyPlain.wearOutEquipment(TileAlvearyPlain.java:417)
[INFO] at forestry.apiculture.BeekeepingLogic.update(BeekeepingLogic.java:202)
[INFO] at forestry.apiculture.gadgets.TileAlvearyPlain.updateServerSide(TileAlvearyPlain.java:127)
[INFO] at forestry.apiculture.gadgets.TileAlveary.g(TileAlveary.java:62)​

Muty, I think it's the bees what done it.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Muty:

The update removed all the extra bees hives from the world. The config default for the hives & ectoplasm is different from what Mindcrack uses:

Extra Bees 1.5.0.2
# Block ID for Ectoplasm. Default ID is 4001.
I:ectoplasm=4001

# Block ID for Bee Hive. Default ID is 4000.
I:hive=4000

Mindcrack v8

# Item ID for Ectoplasm. Default ID is 4001
I:ectoplasm=961

# Item ID for Bee Hive. Default ID is 4000
I:hive=960

I'd rollback now before anyone does something - they should still spawn in new chunks but it'd suck to have to go find those just for the hives, plus it'd cause problems when Mindcrack updates anyway. It's this that caused it btw - had I known I wouldn't have used those frame holders.

Bees are p. cool, huh? :troll:

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
It may just be an ID fix and the old hives will pop-up again but on the basis we may need to do a rollback, I've stopped the server.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Changing the ID of any block in the world will instantly remove said blocks from the world upon first load and that can't be reversed even if you change it back again later. There's nothing to change it back to - the block space doesn't retain the old ID in memory but instead changes into air.

Forge will alert you about ID mismatches when you load a map for the first time in SP (shame there isn't a similar safety measure for servers that'd halt the load if it finds them), which is why after manually updating a mod you'll want to quickly try to load some throwaway world. Once the damage is done, the only way to revert the changes is via a backup.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Muty:

The update removed all the extra bees hives from the world. The config default for the hives & ectoplasm is different from what Mindcrack uses:

Extra Bees 1.5.0.2
# Block ID for Ectoplasm. Default ID is 4001.
I:ectoplasm=4001

# Block ID for Bee Hive. Default ID is 4000.
I:hive=4000

Mindcrack v8

# Item ID for Ectoplasm. Default ID is 4001
I:ectoplasm=961

# Item ID for Bee Hive. Default ID is 4000
I:hive=960

I'd rollback now before anyone does something - they should still spawn in new chunks but it'd suck to have to go find those just for the hives, plus it'd cause problems when Mindcrack updates anyway. It's this that caused it btw - had I known I wouldn't have used those frame holders.

Bees are p. cool, huh? :troll:

I am out of words...
Anyway the backup is from a day before this happened. Enjoy!

Forge will alert you about ID mismatches when you load a map for the first time in SP (shame there isn't a similar safety measure for servers that'd halt the load if it finds them), which is why after manually updating a mod you'll want to quickly try to load some throwaway world. Once the damage is done, the only way to revert the changes is via a backup.

No, this is why you don't overwrite config files when you update your piece of shit code.

If they think that I can waste several hours to start throwaway worlds and go through the logs each time some retarded mod breaks.... still its my fault that I didn't made a backup right before I updated the mod.

Anyway, reverted to the backup. Bees should be there. I'm still waiting for confirmation tho, since I can't be bothered to check this right now.

EDIT: OK you'll also have to edit your client config file in order to join the server now.

In in your ftb install location there is a mindcrack/minecraft/config/forestry/extrabees folder inside it there is a main.conf file. Open it and change ectoplasm=4001 to ectoplasm=961 and hive=4000 to hive=960

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
No, this is why you don't overwrite config files when you update your piece of shit code.

Is that even something the mod maker can control? And to be fair, it was FTB that changed the id's for some reason in the first place. Rollbacks are no fun, sure, but I think it's worth it in order to retain the compatibility going forward.

Some FTB news:

Hello just thought I would give you all a bit of an update on what is going on here at FTB; the big news this week is that development has started on our next big launcher version, launcher v2 which will bring a total redesign of the launcher as well as new features and more customisability.
A new and improved website adding many of the feature requests and improvements that the community requested has also started development recently which we expect to be released in the next few weeks; here is a sneak preview (feedback appreciated):

W8UjMcJ.jpg

In other news work has began on the map for the pax tournament which will be released before pax for anyone wanting to get involved to practice before the tournament. We hope to have the ultimate pack finished soon, which is the best estimate we can give so please don’t ask for us a better one! We are currently waiting for a few mods before we release the ultimate pack, we always try our best to make maps forward compatible however this is not always possible. Most of your worlds will work between packs as we keep id's the same throughout all our packs so you can change easily if you wish. The best packs for forward compatibility with ultimate pack are Direwolf20 or MindCrack, if you want to use greg tech then we recommend you use the MindCrack pack and if not you should use the Direwolf20 pack, there are also other differences between the packs so you should look at the full mod list for both packs on the launcher before making your decision.
Finally be sure to follow us on twitter here for regular updates about FTB: https://twitter.com/ftb_team

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
OK so
Is that even something the mod maker can control? And to be fair, it was FTB that changed the id's for some reason in the first place.

Its normal practice to change the block ids of some mod if there is a conflict and yes that is something that the dev can control. It is expected that developers are smart people that know that one of the most retarded things to do is to overwrite the configuration without any user input.

Some FTB news:

Hello just thought I would give you all a bit of an update on what is going on here at FTB; the big news this week is that development has started on our next big launcher version, launcher v2 which will bring a total redesign of the launcher as well as new features and more customisability.
A new and improved website adding many of the feature requests and improvements that the community requested has also started development recently which we expect to be released in the next few weeks; here is a sneak preview (feedback appreciated):

W8UjMcJ.jpg

In other news work has began on the map for the pax tournament which will be released before pax for anyone wanting to get involved to practice before the tournament. We hope to have the ultimate pack finished soon, which is the best estimate we can give so please don’t ask for us a better one! We are currently waiting for a few mods before we release the ultimate pack, we always try our best to make maps forward compatible however this is not always possible. Most of your worlds will work between packs as we keep id's the same throughout all our packs so you can change easily if you wish. The best packs for forward compatibility with ultimate pack are Direwolf20 or MindCrack, if you want to use greg tech then we recommend you use the MindCrack pack and if not you should use the Direwolf20 pack, there are also other differences between the packs so you should look at the full mod list for both packs on the launcher before making your decision.
Finally be sure to follow us on twitter here for regular updates about FTB: https://twitter.com/ftb_team

Well this sounds like good news. The FTB team seems like a sensible bunch.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I wonder if it will be possible to port our map to the Ultimate pack?
At least it's a good thing we didn't wait for Ultimate, it's been "soon" for months now :)

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
I wonder if it will be possible to port our map to the Ultimate pack?
At least it's a good thing we didn't wait for Ultimate, it's been "soon" for months now :)
This post basically states that they will keep the same ids throughout the packs, which means that we "should" be able to move to it once it comes out.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
The goons did a thing...

http://beta.technicpack.net/

Hi everyone. Today we are excited to finally say what we've wanted to for weeks:
Welcome to the Platform.
Technic Platform and the new Technic Launcher represents the culmination of our efforts to make it easy as possible for you to enjoy modded Minecraft with as little hassle for everyone involved. Server operators, players, content creators, and even the Let's Play superstars; the Technic Launcher is here for you.
What started out as an easier way for server operators to run a modded server with Tekkit, has now grown up into a completely customizable delivery platform. Instead of starting from a base of Tekkit, now you can make up your own completely custom package to give out to your players. Now you build your server, you build your client, you update, maintain, add and remove content, you host it, you put it on the platform with your own background, your own logo and give out the Platform URL. Your players simply click "Add Modpack" in the new Technic Launcher, paste that URL, and the Launcher does the rest! No hassle, no drama, just playing the game we all love.
The original Technic Launcher was a leap forward that ended the requirement of manually editing .jar files. The next generation Technic Launcher together with The Platform will change how you play modded Minecraft... again.
The Technic Platform is an index, from which you build your own modpacks and then share them with anyone you'd like. Server operators are especially able to flex the stregenths of The Platform, because while Tekkit gave a quick and customizable way to run a modded server, with The Platform you will be able to create, from scratch, your own custom modpacks. You can then share them with whomever you like, make them publically visible or hidden for just you are your close friends.
The Platform represents the next-generation of players sharing content.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron

Huge content update to Mystcraft just came out; shouldn't be as trivial to make those über custom ages anymore. Might not be added to Mindcrack, but Ultimate pack will have it for sure.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
dicks...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom