Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rusty's official unofficial RPGCODEX 2020 GOTY thread

Wunderbar

Arcane
Fallout Sonora

jac8awol

Arbiter
Troubleshooter
Wasteland 3

Others I'm either waiting for discounts on steam or they aren't available in my region yet (Yakuza). I doubt they could challenge either of my picks though.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Does Doom Eternal qualify? The only real RPG I've played in 2020 was Gothic 2.

It's crazy how few came out, and even a lot of those arguably weren't RPGs much at all like Cyberpunk and Assassin's Creed. I haven't played it yet but Wasteland 3 probably wins by default, if you remove weeb games.

Reader

Scholar
Wasteland Remastered
Final Fantasy VII R (the game goes against grind, bosses require some thoughts at least)

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
-Yakuza Like A Dragon
Changed genre and combat system to full-on jRPG as an in-universe joke thing about the main character, which is surprisingly daring for a japanese dev studio.

-Troubleshooter.
Bit FFT-y.

-Persona 4 Golden, though I never liked the systems/dungeons in any of these. Still cozy and more enjoyable than a lot of western stuff we get nowadays :(

-Wasteland 3 can get an honorable mention, I suppose. The closest thing to a classic CRPG this year and more engaging than WL2 I think, but i dunno. I liked it alright at first but it's since fallen lower in my estimation.

I'm not even into J/K stuff that much, damnit.

Parabalus

Arcane
SpellForce 3: Fallen God
Suzerain
Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos

Last edited:

Gregz

Arcane
  1. The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos
  2. Chronicon
  3. Hades
  4. Erannorth Reborn
  5. Fallout 76 Wastelanders expansion, during the period of Spring 2020 (FO76 has been reverted back to shit since then, based on what I've read)
Those are in personal order of awesomeness. Some of those may or may not be RPGs, according to somebody's arbitrary definition of the genre, don't care.

Codex Year of the Donut
image.png

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
This entire thing is as if a bunch of fat retards had a race, but there was one skinny retard in it and he managed to win.
Congratulations to the 2020 GOTY.
2020 sucked cocks in every possible way, so this is fitting I suppose.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom