Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I finished Like a Dragon this week - the game was cool, I had fun and liked some ideas (especially characters moving around and interacting with environment during battles), but ultimately felt like the jRPG structure wasn't as fun to play as the beat em ups. I'm a relatively new joiner, popped my cherry with Zero, followed up with Ishin! (which, I think, I liked the most across these three games) and am wondering what to pick up next. Since there's quite a backlog, and I don't have as much time as I'd like, playing remakes according to release order might be difficult for me. What is the KKK on the best installments?

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
best installments?
Kiwami 1 is still my favorite (remake of the original). It has a more refined version of the style switching from Zero, still the best single story in the series, and pleasantly challenging. Kiwami 2 was too easy, and Y5 was too slow paced (but it has 5 playable characters), and the original ps2 games are really clunky. Y6 I enjoyed purely for the 'Dad' aspects but it's also way too easy.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I finished Like a Dragon this week - the game was cool, I had fun and liked some ideas (especially characters moving around and interacting with environment during battles), but ultimately felt like the jRPG structure wasn't as fun to play as the beat em ups. I'm a relatively new joiner, popped my cherry with Zero, followed up with Ishin! (which, I think, I liked the most across these three games) and am wondering what to pick up next. Since there's quite a backlog, and I don't have as much time as I'd like, playing remakes according to release order might be difficult for me. What is the KKK on the best installments?
If it's all the same to you, try Judgment.
There's a new protagonist, but the gameplay loop is pretty much the same and it takes place in Kamurocho.
What makes it stand apart is a decent plot. One of the best in all Yakuzas in my opinion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom