Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming September 5th

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Voice acting is one of the defining features of SoC (and sequels), it is simply gold. English voiceover is nowhere near that good
The English in SoC and CS is OK as well, at least it never annoyed me. But I must disagree about Call of Pripyat --the English version is awful, and most of the Russian (Ukrainean?) is just bland. Maybe the new lines from Bandits are OK, can't remember.
I rather like the goofy English voice acting in Call of Pripyat.
Even Hawaiian? :negative:
ALOOOOOOOHA!

ferratilis

Magister
Is this due to radiation? :lol:

8UyLlIW.png

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

8UyLlIW.png
A new variant of mutant has been spawned by The Zone.
It is called "The Nigger".
"The Nigger" is a very unpredictable creature with very poor impulse control and prone to fits of rage. It has a natural talent for stealing.
Stalkers should exercise caution around this mutant, and never relax.
Best thing to do is to just shoot it on sight.

Iucounu

Educated

8UyLlIW.png
They do it for the viral marketing (and maybe a few nudges from Microsoft). Makes perfect sense from a marketing perspective, just a pity that it also turns the game into another americanized product in the process.

Jacov

Educated
It makes sense: the Zone is a point of interest for all kinds of people. Most stalkers would be Ukrainian/Russian/Belarusian with a mix of other slavs and Baltic nations. Ocasional black person wouldn't be a surprise: there were plenty of Africans in USSR and there is plenty of them in Eastern Europe and Europian part of Russia. But we all know why this guy is in the trailer and is shown in close-up. We do.

I hope there will be more people from ex-Soviet republics of non-slav origin in the game. Kazakhs, Armenians, Georgians, etc. But I fear everyone in the game will be strictly Ukrainian, with a bit of blacks here and there to win some points with western crowd. And everyone will pretend that Russians and Belarusians don't exist.

Last edited:

Readher

Savant
VdCkeRN.jpeg

It makes sense: the Zone is a point of interest for all kinds of people. Most stalkers would be Ukrainian/Russian/Belarusian with a mix of other slavs and Baltic nations. Ocasional black person wouldn't be a surprise: there were plenty of Africans in USSR and there is plenty of them in Eastern Europe and Europian part of Russia. But we all know why this guy is in the trailer and is shown in close-up. We do.

I hope there will be more people from ex-Soviet republics of non-slav origin in the game. Kazakhs, Armenians, Georgians, etc. But I fear everyone in the game will be strictly Ukrainian, with a bit of blacks here and there to win some points with western crowd. And everyone will pretend that Russians and Belarusians don't exist.
Mercs should have a bunch of Westerners too. And UN if they make an appearence (Pakis and Pajeets would make sense here too, lots of UN forces from there).

Idk where you're getting the "there were plenty of Africans in USSR and there is plenty of them in Eastern Europe and Europian part of Russia" part though. Idk about Russia in particular, but there definitely isn't "plenty" of Africans in Eastern Europe. Some, yes. Plenty, no.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Idk where you're getting the "there were plenty of Africans in USSR and there is plenty of them in Eastern Europe and Europian part of Russia" part though. Idk about Russia in particular, but there definitely isn't "plenty" of Africans in Eastern Europe. Some, yes. Plenty, no.
No such thing, slick.
Contrary to american cuck fantasies of NIGGERS BEING FUCKING EVERYWHERE AND A PART OF EVERY FUCKING CIVILIZATION there are NOT many (if there are even at all) niggers in Eastern/Southeastern Europe.
Niggers are truly exotic out here.

Readher

Savant
No such thing, slick.
Contrary to american cuck fantasies of NIGGERS BEING FUCKING EVERYWHERE AND A PART OF EVERY FUCKING CIVILIZATION there are NOT many (if there are even at all) niggers in Eastern/Southeastern Europe.
Niggers are truly exotic out here.
Yea, you'll have some students coming from ME and Africa and some tourists in bigger cities and that's pretty much it. Some Kebab store runners too, but those are usually from Pakistan or Bangladesh in my experience.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Exactly.
By the way, many of those african students are somehow LESS retarded and violent than the US niggers.
US niggers are the worst, but pretty much everyone knows that.
The moslems are also pretty tame and well behaved here compared to the chimpouts in the West.
We Eastern Euros have experience in dealing with kebab, either with the sword, impalement (Hello Vlad) or through diplomacy.

Oh, and the game does not impress me in the slightest. Nowhere near the atmosphere of Shadow of Chernobyl.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just curious about a thing. Does anyone know any story beats from the sequel? It's a sequel, right? What could it be about, considering the wish granter was defeated?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
They never really explained whether or not The Zone is actually a living organism or not.
In Call of Pripyat, I believe those scientists in the bunker near Yanov theorized that it is actually expanding...
If so, how the hell can you destroy it?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
They never really explained whether or not The Zone is actually a living organism or not.
In Call of Pripyat, I believe those scientists in the bunker near Yanov theorized that it is actually expanding...

COP basically stated that Strelok made it worse by destroying the C-Consciousness. Amongst their BS, they were actually preventing the zone from expanding.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

COP basically stated that Strelok made it worse by destroying the C-Consciousness. Amongst their BS, they were actually preventing the zone from expanding.
Bingo!
Yes, I forgot about that.
There's also that really cool dialogue with the C-Consciousness near the end of Shadow of Chernobyl at the CNPP.
Really sounded like pure horror to be honest...
Good job, Strelok!

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Looks decent. Glad they did the trailer in Ukrainian with English subtitles this time, as its obviously the best way to play it for non-Ukrainian speakers. It‘s silly people had to mod the original game to get this option (in before retards here demanding back their English VO with silly slavic accents…).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom