Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Sacred sneak peeked by Jolt

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Sacred

<A href="http://www.jolt.co.uk/">Jolt</a> offers up a <A href="http://www.jolt.co.uk/index.php?articleid=1169&PHPSESSID=8c7e8a3a5dbba0901f10321a05ebe1b7">preview</a> of <A href="http://www.ascaron.com/gb/gb_sacred/index.html">Sacred</a> - the soon to be released open ended actiony CRPG with lots of side quests and stuff. Here's a clip:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>The game takes place from a fixed (but zoomable) isometric view, and allows you to choose from one of six distinct character classes to explore with. The classes don't just play differently – they each have their own stories and quests. Aside from the likes of Gladiator and Battlemage, Sacred offers up two original classes – Seraphim and Vampiress. The Seraphim is a divine magic using class linked to angels, while the Vampiress adds a twist to gameplay in that you character changes dramatically at night.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
I for one am looking forward to the standardization of the vignette feature. So much better than everyone starting out the same way.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gengamers.com">GenGamers</A>

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
I for one am looking forward to the standardization of the vignette feature. So much better than everyone starting out the same way.

Especially since they all start in different areas of the world as well. At least from what I've gathered, they do. I hope that's true. Will definitely add extra points on the replayability meter. Although this game has it in spades already. ;)

Whipporowill

Erudite
I believe all chars start on the same map, but in different locations - just as the Seraphim in the cloister and the gladiator in the arena. I bet the vampress starts by the summoning circle in the church by the graveyard, the wood elf with the woodcutter or with the elven couple - and so on and on.

Voss

Erudite
I think the vamp actually starts in the ruined mansion.
Its set up for one, what with all the coffins, and a villager I randomly clicked on referred to it as a vampire place.

the battlemage might start near that summoning circle.

I do think all of them start out within a certain radius of the castle/keep thing.

I'm curious as to where the dark elf starts though..., on seems to be linked to the main plot, so I wonder if he's special

The real question is if there are class specific quests beyond the opening one(s).

Oyarsa

Novice

Indeed! We're still seeing the early stages of this approach, though hopefully it will catch on and improve.

Will definitely add extra points on the replayability meter. Although this game has it in spades already.

Perhaps for some.

I believe all chars start on the same map, but in different locations

This seems most likely since there seemed to be little in the way of uniqueness between the quest options for the Seraphim and the Gladiator and everything jumped you almost immediately to having to pop off to whatever city is is past the shareware demon in the west.

Spazmo

Erudite
Funny how they release a demo for Sacred and then all of a sudden every site and its uncle has got an 'exclusive gameplay preview!'

But then what do I know--I'm not profeshunal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom