Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Saints Row 3 gameplay

There is such a thing as going too far over the top. I thought SR2 had a good balance of goofshit and gangster.

Hopefully they don't ruin the balance in SR3.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
looks like fun... hope they won't fuck up the pc version as with saints row 2

Fens

Ford of the Llies
WhiskeyWolf said:
deuxhero said:
What did they do to the PC version?
Beyond shit port was beyond shit.
pretty much this... the only thing that didn't stutter was the soundtrack... driving fast was nearly impossible

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
deuxhero said:
some things were impossible with mouse and keyboard due to shitty controls and required pad, some things were impossible with pad and required mouse and keyboard.
metallic textures for clothing/jewlery generally don't display making it all monocolor non-reflective and shitty looking.
tons of other graphical errors.
overall rather poor performance.
misson crashes in localized versions.
one half-assed patch that hardly did anything.

still an awesome game, even the shitty pc port.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
^That, and it needs speedhacks to be playable on win 7, keys "stick", graphics are choppy... And it's rumored that they just abandoned the PC port cause CDProject was doing such a shit job, so we didn't get any patches or the DLC, which looked kinda fun. :oops:

:salute: Saint's Row 3, hope they get someone non Polish to port it to pc. :x

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
SuicideBunny said:
deuxhero said:
some things were impossible with mouse and keyboard due to shitty controls and required pad, some things were impossible with pad and required mouse and keyboard.
metallic textures for clothing/jewlery generally don't display making it all monocolor non-reflective and shitty looking.
tons of other graphical errors.
overall rather poor performance.
misson crashes in localized versions.
one half-assed patch that hardly did anything.

still an awesome game, even the shitty pc port.

I recently played it with that Gentlemen of the Row mod compilation and had no issues.

Angthoron

Arcane
Bastards even used the plane design from the X-Men 90ies cartoon. They better have claw weapons and yellow spandex.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
MaskedMan said:
^That, and it needs speedhacks to be playable on win 7, keys "stick", graphics are choppy... And it's rumored that they just abandoned the PC port cause CDProject was doing such a shit job, so we didn't get any patches or the DLC, which looked kinda fun. :oops:

:salute: Saint's Row 3, hope they get someone non Polish to port it to pc. :x
Interesting. I just played it on the PC for a few hours the other night and had no problems, at least performance wise. I didn't pay attention to any minor graphical details so there may have been some, but I didn't notice any glaring ones. No issues with driving fast or any of the gameplay, though. I forget what torrent I downloaded, I'll check when I get home.

Sordid Jester

Educated
Ridiculously immature, over the top nonsense. Is this what passes for entertainment these days?

Pre-ordered.

Lunac

Arcane
The good? Seems like the size of the sandbox world has been... supersized?

The bad? Jackass the game? In the nuts, really? I mean, I wouldn't have found that shit amusing back in 7th grade, much less now. What the fuk is the target audience? The "Wat up holmes!" wigger xbawx crowd?

They could have gone the other way and it would have been way more awsome. You know all those folks you find randomly sitting on benches in SR games, waiting for buses that never arrive? How about they let you, the player, place HIV infected needles on them benches? A bit darker but a whole lot more immersion than nut punching.

This is the first extended gameplay vid I've seen, and they've definitely improved the game's visuals. For those talking about the porting, Volition mentioned a couple months ago that they're handling the PC version in-house to guarantee what happened at SR2 launch won't happen again. The lags and jumps and sound problems, etc. And yeah, the SR series could be played as Jackass: The Game, but for those who prefer story-lines and side-missions it can also be comparable to pre Brown-and-Gloom GTA. Just ignore the stupid ancillary bullshit and focus on building your own little criminal empire with decent moments of humor thrown-in.

Also, I'm editing this video into the SR thread.

deuxhero

Arcane
Shameless GTA rip-off that doesn't pretend to be serious (and apparently has a custom PC)?

Sounds like something I'd be interested in out of the bargin bin at minimum.

deuxhero said:
Shameless GTA rip-off that doesn't pretend to be serious (and apparently has a custom PC)?

Oh yeah, sex, height and weight, hair, features, walking and fighting style, voice, what taunts you use, etc. Then there's hundreds of clothes, tattoos, jewelry and other accessories to personalize them with. A lot of videos on Youtube showcase the creations of folks from the previous game, Saints Row 2.

Angthoron

Arcane
SR series are actually more like what the GTA series past 3 should've all been. GTA 1 and 2 were about mindless fun, insane gangs giving you over-the-top missions to carry out and setting dudes in orange on fire. Then it suddenly lost its feel when it moved into 3D territory - that's not to say I don't like the series, but it isn't a "loyal" transition from first two games onto the third.

SR 2 and, it seems, 3 seem to capture the atmosphere of lulzy chaos pretty well. Yeah, a few things are over the top, and it looks like just about every button is designed to be AWESOME, but hey, whatever, it comes with the territory and it's not like they're fucking up an established series with their "vision".

Gerrard

Arcane
MaskedMan said:
Where the fuck did this bullshit come from? One retarded dumbfuck who can't into reading? The game was NOT ported by CDProject (RED), it was ported by some French company that "is a part of CDProject group".
Fucking Kwans.

Tel Velothi

Cipher
Looks like fun. Definitely going to check it out. I only hope the PC version will be done properly.

My only worries now - is this "all the time madness" isn't gonna get boring after a while.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom