Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Strig

Learned
Trench Foot

Stellar atmosphere and great sound design all-round. I really hope there will be more than the demo level.

kbJ2Xmg.png

rnCUvj5.png

SGNh0ph.png

V9pNLSd.png

MhIH8vv.png

BDyJGbc.png

RN6x5WR.png

klmIJ6c.png

Riskbreaker

Ashes: Afterglow

A7358B63D1412C08EFDC1296191FD8378A6D080A

E6922B7D2EF333F3790EA4E9D67DCAC72AF2EA13

4BB52F50998643777378A4CB0B47615DC08DAA70

6AD1A6C000DAA11998AB390F87E42BB5C8064D69

959E1D353998D51DFE624428D5B534C2964CC13B

2D02258B0CDA5A0485FE07B0D829FBE53F2C92EA

That's the first fucking hub done. The next one, of course, begins with you driving your bike thru pitch black tunnels whilst pursued by rape squads. Fun times.

Zlaja

Arcane
The Sinking City part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Lovecraft + Diving = :cry:

MdjdnCk.jpg

FE9OYk5.jpg

Found some weird cave
6i3WBm0.jpg

I'm sure he's fine
t92RZZD.jpg

Oh vey!
HsFaKjE.jpg

LOL
TBT7Wxu.jpg

The town is a dumbsterfire
0KYb6gq.jpg

Last edited:

JDR13

Arcane
The Sinking City could have been a great game with a little more work. I thought they nailed the atmosphere, but there wasn't enough variety in the quests and enemies. You fight the same 4-5 monsters throughout the entire game.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
An alternative ending to Diablo 1 :smug:

(Diablo 1 Belzebub mod - Restored "Lost Treasure" quest)

Last edited:

ferratilis

Magister
Morrowind with a few mods and tweaks
TO1RVLQ.png

2gJhaRF.png

Also playing Far Cry. Running around with a sliver of health, getting one-shot by trigens has been the theme so far. I love the challenge of old shooters, especially when coupled with checkpoint system, it provides some nail-biting experiences. Still the best in the series imo.
tMllnrx.png

bjLn2MP.png

II1jFDT.png

Danikas

Arcane
Playing Kindgom come for the first time the amount of cutscenes at the begining is higher than in Witcher 3...

kingdomcomedeliverancpfkkc.png

kingdomcomedeliverancdwkb2.png

First bug in the game and it's in the main quest cutscene :D
kingdomcomedeliveranc7kkmo.png

kingdomcomedeliverancnvk7p.png

Finally some freedom
kingdomcomedeliveranclfjap.png

kingdomcomedeliverancsnj7p.png

Nevermind it just led to another cutscene where i have no input
kingdomcomedeliverancwokke.png

:negative:

catfood

AGAIN
wut game catfood and is it good?
Submarine Titans. It's on GOG. It's a neat RTS from 2000. It has some cool ideas, but also a retarded control scheme. For example you'd think the shortcut key for patrol is P. Not very ergonomic, but this is how they rolled back then. But you would be wrong! It's actually ctr+P. Why? No idea. Ask the devs. And there are tons of shortcuts like that. Luckily the game is extremely customizable so you can change the hotkeys.

Otherwise it's a good game. There are some unique mechanics. You just need to spend a little time beforehand rebinding the hotkeys to something rational.

Also the campaign is brutal. You often need to think out of the box. For example in mission 3 of the first campaign you need to rush the opponents with your starting forces, since at the beginning the enemy has no base set up, so if you take out their construction subs you can win easily. If you turtle and let the enemy set up the base you will likely have a very long battle up ahead since at that point in the campaign you have very limited tech to work with.

EDIT: the same company released earlier another unique RTS called Ancient Conquest. I hope that will get a re-release as well.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Also the campaign is brutal. You often need to think out of the box. For example in mission 3 of the first campaign you need to rush the opponents with your starting forces, since at the beginning the enemy has no base set up, so if you take out their construction subs you can win easily. If you turtle and let the enemy set up the base you will likely have a very long battle up ahead since at that point in the campaign you have very limited tech to work with.
That makes me remind of Original War

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom