Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Senua's Saga: Hellblade II

vortex

Fabulous Optimist

Niceland

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezekiel

Arcane

I don't feel like watching a twelve minute video to find out if there is some nightmare reason for her lip being so high above her teeth in the thumbnail, but she's so ugly at times, and pretty average looking the rest of the time. I just tried that in front of the mirror and couldn't. I remember being so disappointed when they dropped the original character model.

rend-senua-highres-closeup02.jpg

rend-senua-highres-closeup05.jpg

At least, I was disappointed until I played the game and discovered how bad it is.

cruel

Cipher
Game releases on May 21, didn't find a proper thread. Very little of it shown so far:

What's funny - apparently second part will also be very short, around 8h in length;
https://www.gamesradar.com/hellblade-2-is-dollar50-digital-only-and-about-8-hours-long/

I was expecting closer to 15h+, after they got Microsoft money, looks like it's not the case. Potentially worth playing for $1 via Gamepass while waiting for Elden Ring DLC release.

911 Jumper

Learned
Hellblade 2 runs at 30fps with a dynamic resolution on Xbox Series X/S
Hellblade 2 runs at 30fps with a dynamic resolution on Xbox Series X/S.

That’s according to a new preview by GamePro, which reports that the game won’t offer any graphics modes, and that the frame rate can only be increased on PC.

The game’s visual effects director Mark Slater-Tunstill reportedly told the site that the decision should make the experience feel more “cinematic”, similar to movies that run at 24fps.

Another major first-party Xbox Series X/S game, Starfield, also had its frame rate locked to 30fps.

Ninja Theory owner Microsoft announced Hellblade 2 alongside the Xbox Series X console in 2019.

It recently confirmed that the game will be released on May 21, 2024, for Xbox Series X/S and PC.
Hellblade 2 will be digital-only, cost $50, and will last as long as its predecessor, which took players about eight hours to complete.
Source: VGC

antimeridian

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Annnnd the previous game's writer/director and studio founder apparently departed quietly YEARS ago. Clearly some obfuscation going on, as that news only came out today. I'm sure we're looking at yet another Xbox studios banger.

Wunderbar

Arcane
It took them seven years to make a shitty linear cinematics-ridden 6 hrs long non-game that can't even hold 30 fps without resorting to upscaling and dynamic resolution bullshit.

911 Jumper

Learned
Hellblade 2 studio Ninja Theory thinks its fans ‘enjoy shorter, focused games’
Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2 developer Ninja Theory thinks its fans enjoy shorter, more focused game experiences.

The Microsoft-owned studio recently announced that Hellblade 2 will be released on May 21 for Xbox Series X/S and PC.

It also confirmed that the game will be digital-only, cost $50, and will last as long as its predecessor, which took players about eight hours to complete.

“I think what we always set out to do is to tell a story and for the game length to be appropriate for the story that we want to tell,” Ninja Theory studio head Dom Matthews told IGN. “So it’s not really a case of setting out to make shorter experiences.

“I think it is… There is a story that we want to tell here with a beginning, middle and end and what is the right shape and size of experience to tell that story? So that’s kind of where we start.”
Matthews said digital distribution has opened up a space for “games of all shapes and sizes”.

He added: “So I’m really pleased to see that there’s a lot of people that actually enjoy a shorter experience, something that they can sit down on a whatever Friday night, stick their headphones on, turn the lights off and kind of sink into an experience and players who don’t necessarily want something that is 50 hours long, a 100 hours long, so it’s as long as it needs to be. And I’m one of those people, I like shorter games.

“I think there’s a lot of pressure on people’s time these days and I think our fans, from what we hear from them, they enjoy a shorter game where our intention is that every step of that journey is meaningful… There’s an audience of people that want games that are focused.”
Source: VGC

Iucounu

Educated
Nothing wrong with making a movie, but why ruin it with gameplay then?

cpmartins

Cipher
How does the combat even work? You just press a button to swing, then you dodge a slow, highly choreographed swing from the enemy, then you press "X" more to kill it?
It looks like fucking ass. The combat I mean, the game looks ok I guess for a sheepbox.

Hell Swarm

Learned
Seriously, who buys shit such as this?
No one. That's why it's on game pass. The original was an unplayable walking sim and I want to know who the fuck thought it needed a sequel.
Annnnd the previous game's writer/director and studio founder apparently departed quietly YEARS ago. Clearly some obfuscation going on, as that news only came out today. I'm sure we're looking at yet another Xbox studios banger.
Might be an improvement TBH. Originals so stupid they can't do any worse unless they start adding pronouns when characters appear.
Seriously, who buys shit such as this?
Journos
It's a movie game with ~*deep themes*~ tailor made to appeal to journofags
Game journos get review keys so they're not buying it either. Bunch of slack jawed faggots just liked holding up and having a woman talk to them outside of "Sir, please leave me alone and stop staring at me"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom