Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Nevermind, I "cracked" the numerical code. The rotated sticks, I kno what each one means. Anyone having trouble with it, hit me up. I can give you either the solution or a hint.
ROemyA6.png

Where did you find this one? I seem to have scoured the deepest depths of all these dungeons and this is unfamiliar.
Also, despite figuring out the numbers, I STILL can't open the door with these levers:

hGzy1sD.png

I KNOW I have them in the right order, but the door just won't open. I searched the place high and low for anything resembling a 6th lever or a button you press to trigger the door, but no. Wtf, is this bugged? shit has to work according to their own system!

Also, anyone know what a "Cave Journal" is for? It's in the
Ista Cale camp tomb. The only thing in there, in fact.
For me it just displays a blank page, or if another document was read before, the page in that document. Bug?

Last edited:

roshan

Arcane
Nevermind, I "cracked" the numerical code. The rotated sticks, I kno what each one means. Anyone having trouble with it, hit me up. I can give you either the solution or a hint.

Where did you find this one? I seem to have scoured the deepest depths of all these dungeons and this is unfamiliar.
Also, despite figuring out the numbers, I STILL can't open the door with these levers:

hGzy1sD.png

I KNOW I have them in the right order, but the door just won't open. I searched the place high and low for anything resembling a 6th lever or a button you press to trigger the door, but no. Wtf, is this bugged? shit has to work according to their own system!

Also, anyone know what a "Cave Journal" is for? It's in the
Ista Cale camp tomb. The only thing in there, in fact.

You find the wall I posted when you open the door using those switches. BTW what I have there is the correct solution to the switches. It shouldn't matter what order you activate the switches in.

Whalenought_Joe

Whalenought Studios
Developer

hGzy1sD.png

There's a fringe case involving puzzles like the Hallowed Doors which can be caused by saving/loading after certain events in the area we discovered. This was setup early on, and with the next update all these odd cases have our failsafe system the rest of the game has. Assuming that's the case, we're uploading this tonight and you'll be able to get it just fine thereafter.

Out of curiosity, did you need the Native's "supply" list to figure that out (off the body in the Grove's exterior)? It was designed to be decoded after finding that and referencing it with the walls of all the sequential numbers.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
There's a fringe case involving puzzles like the Hallowed Doors which can be caused by saving/loading after certain events in the area we discovered. This was setup early on, and with the next update all these odd cases have our failsafe system the rest of the game has. Assuming that's the case, we're uploading this tonight and you'll be able to get it just fine thereafter.

Out of curiosity, did you need the Native's "supply" list to figure that out (off the body in the Grove's exterior)? It was designed to be decoded after finding that and referencing it with the walls of all the sequential numbers.
Thanks, I reloaded today and it worked at the "second lighthouse" (it didn't work before), but still doesn't work on the hallowed doors one.

I never even found the "supply list" until after I've already figured out the puzzle. I figured it out through
using the levers in the middle cave with the most locked doors, the one where are 3 levers and the moon/sun symbols. Once I realized the numbers could logically be in ascending order or at least some kind of order, it was easy to write them all down, realize that there are 10 in total for 0-9, then guess that / is 0 and so on. (The idea that / is 0 was further reinforced by the fact that all the switches always had / as the first digit)

Last edited:

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
So I finished the game! I really liked, it definitely does feel like a 90s RPG, even in that it loads and performs as if I was still running the original Pentium. I liked the ending, my choices throughout the game were reflected. (even though I don't remember slaughtering an entire town... maybe it meant the one overrun by Leles?) I definitely didn't do everything that was available in the game and some things I wish I hadn't done, so I will probably be replaying it come the expansion.
Pros of the game (for me personally):
- graphics that resemble early isometric games
- interesting and original plot and lore, especially in this age of rehashed plots
- some of the characters were quite interesting
- satisfying combat with some overpowered (=fun) spells and abilities. This was good for me especially, because it reminded me of X-Com and Fallout where, once you reached a certain point and made a certain build, you could just mow down waves of enemies with ease. Especially so in this game, where you're playing as a god and are supposed to be a cut above "regular" mortals. Oh the joy of hearing that repeated clang of metal as you relentlessly hack puny enemies to shreds. But mind you, the combat was pretty hard early on!
- various interesting items, magical items are very rare and fairly powerful (the opposite of a game like Diablo)
Cons:
- performance and loading issues, bugs
- no actual stags or serpents in the game (at least I didn't find any)

In conclusion, the expansion will be a must-buy for me.

Last edited:

Gladius

Literate
No Stags ? I thought those big, grey, cow-like animals were stags.

On the other hand, I've also not encountered any Serpents. Maybe the title is named because of the treachery being developed by Octavian, who knows : )

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
No Stags ? I thought those big, grey, cow-like animals were stags.
Those are called "Oxen" in the game, and anyway they don't look much like deer. A stag is a male deer, IICR.
I'm not sure you will be able to do that.....
Eh? Why not? the game says "saving file for expansion" at the end. And I think Whalenought_Joe already said something in this thread about the expansion coming out.

Just got to the Rumin Ruins
Which ruins are those? Do you mean the
bloodless house with all the slaves where the temple portal leads?

Last edited:

roshan

Arcane
I'm not sure you will be able to do that.....
Eh? Why not? the game says "saving file for expansion" at the end. And I think Whalenought_Joe already said something in this thread about the expansion coming out.

I think it's a free expansion... But not entirely sure if that applies to non-backers as well.

Just got to the Rumin Ruins
Which ruins are those? Do you mean the
bloodless house with all the slaves where the temple portal leads?

As per the map found in Emerald Metalis there are three bloodless ruins, there's one in Ista Cale, there's the one that seems to be under Lumen Forten and there's another one in Rumin just north of the big lake.

Vicissitudes

Augur
Patron
just started. insanely good looking. if only this game was turn-based.. "The RTS tactical control" is le bullshit.

Glaive

Literate
Is there any way to avoid having to type out stuff like 'vrosk rife...' again and again? It seems you are able to highlight text by holding the left mouse button and dragging it, so I'm hoping there is some kind of copy and paste function.

Atchodas

Augur
This game involves typing ? wow - must resist the urge to launch it right now, cant wait until bugs are fixed to have some true RPG experience

ArchAngel

Arcane
Is there any way to avoid having to type out stuff like 'vrosk rife...' again and again? It seems you are able to highlight text by holding the left mouse button and dragging it, so I'm hoping there is some kind of copy and paste function.
C/P works in the area where you can type Incantations. Use ctrl+c and ctrl+v

roshan

Arcane
how do you access the world map in this game?????????

You have to find an exit that leads to the world map. From Lumen Targ (the first town), there's a world map exit to the southwest, just follow the main road through the town, out the gate, and to the exit.

Glaive

Literate
This game involves typing ? wow - must resist the urge to launch it right now, can't wait until bugs are fixed to have some true RPG experience

A fair amount. You have to keep your own journal entries as well.

Atchodas

Augur
How is the state of the game then, no bugs left or still more like beta ? Nearing the end on my Underrail EA playtrough , SiTS will most likely be next game i pick up , reading all these positive comments on codex dont want to ruin my exp with some nasty bugs which i cant really stand at all

crakkie

Arcane
So patch 12 is out. Can't seem to find the patch notes anywhere -- here, Steam, GOG, or Whalenaught's forums.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
how do you access the world map in this game?????????

You have to find an exit that leads to the world map. From Lumen Targ (the first town), there's a world map exit to the southwest, just follow the main road through the town, out the gate, and to the exit.

I followed the road, exited the first area but the next area loads without the world map appearing.

edit: "problem solved" :)

Last edited:

Lucky

Arcane
So patch 12 is out. Can't seem to find the patch notes anywhere -- here, Steam, GOG, or Whalenaught's forums.

They were posted about an hour and a half ago on their forums.

V.12 includes some UI enhancements along with some other minor issues corrected. Main Notes below:

Additions:

• Can now hotkey party members 1 – 5 for selection (available in HotKey Options menu)
  • Priority Balance:[SPELL] Amplify: initial casting potency reduced
  • Toggling AI button now automatically directs character appropriately on switch
Minor Updates:

• Various Spelling errors fixed
  • Issue with Sapphires racial trait for some merchants corrected
  • Removing a party member with allocated stats are now saved correctly when returned to party
  • [SPELL] Eclipse: Fixed an issue where it could stay on target after casting completed
  • UI issue with saving on overworld map removed
  • Padurii cave issue and Hallowed doors issue fixed a fringe case that could occur if saving and exiting or using puzzles (blocking the trigger)
  • PROF modifier now visually working correctly in all cases
  • Issues with some enemies not reacting to death in fringe cases of pausing/overloaded with stats, fix in place
  • Issues with some Companions not appropriately utilizing skills and spells when first entering party now corrected

More bug fixes, mostly.

Atchodas

Augur
Funny, so you're ok with playing a game that's not actually finished yet? And I assume there are now no bugs in Underrail at all? Last I played it, there were plenty
You should tried it again because there are no bugs in underrail unless its some strange typo or something minor like that , why this butthurt tho? Some devs can release game even if its EA after they test it and fix bugs you know , also i started after last EA update which was the final EA release So it explains no bugs part

Last edited:

Wolfenswan

Novice
With the latest patch ammunition keeps just disappearing after equipping it and changing the map. It's happening far more often than before. Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
The new patch added hotkeys for character selection. The game is pretty damn polished, anyone on the fence should start playing it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom