Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shades of ToEE! Unofficial Bloodlines patch from Dilapidation

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
EEVIAC said:
You will be breaking the Sixth Tradition by killing him though :

• Destruction - Thou art forbidden to destroy another of thy kind. The right of destruction belongeth only to thine elder. Only the eldest among thee shall call the blood hunt.

Well, I wasn't sure on the exact wording or anything like that. As I said, I never really played. Just hung out with friends who did and learned stuff about if from them. I did read the rules books, but that was like four years ago and I didn't really commit it to memory. Just read them for something to read at the time. Thanks for the heads up though.

Mendoza

Liturgist
Well given the general feeling towards thinbloods, a lot of the Camarilla would probably think you were doing them a favour, or at least turn a blind eye.

Regardless, no one actually knows that you killed Julius.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Well, whether you talked him out of killing again or killed him, either way, he's done with the killing, right? So, why should you get a Masquerade violation for talking him out of it? Yeah, it's all over the news and in the papers, but it's not like killing him will erase that anymore than if he stops doing it because your talkie character explains it away.

Either way, it's rather obvious that's the intent of the scripting to give that violation. It's not a bug. It may be a questionable design choice, but it's not a bug or a glitch. That's one reason why I don't like these fan patches, because they change things that are supposed to be like that just because they don't agree with them.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Whipporowill said:
Nope, it's not over. He clearly states that he will continue to deal out his twisted version of "justice" where it is needed.
Not if you ask him if his family would have approved of that

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
Not if you ask him if his family would have approved of that

Yeah. Just make the right choices in conversation and you can get him to swear off completely from killing again and instead leave the area to never return and live his unlife elsewhere.

SP: I agree that this wasn't a bug. It's a poor design decision though, and I don't even understand why White Wolf even went for it, because I'm totally sure they were there monitoring the whole thing. Especially since this game is supposed to be the end of the Masquerade series.

I'm not a lover of fan made patches either. Certainly not downloading this one. I just agree with the removal of that violation mark is all. It fits into the rules better.

mr. lamat

Liturgist
did this fanpatch break the nosferatu hub quest for anyone else?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom