Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shivering Isles - Oblivion expansion?

Baphomet

Scholar
Bethesda should feel good about it - the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about. Once NWN2 and Gothic 3 come out Oblivion will be relegated to obscurity as 500 "Gothic > NWN" threads sprout up.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Expansion news update:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157428.html

A product listing spotted on GameStop.com today (pictured above) only raises more questions, as the online retailer is accepting preorders for the Knights of the White Stallion Expansion Pack for the PC version of the game. Or was, at any rate. Shortly after GameSpot sent a request for comment to Bethesda, the listing disappeared from the retailer's site. GameStop was asking $19.99 for the expansion, and listed it with a November 21 shipping date. The page included no other information on the pack, and a search for an Xbox 360 counterpart page yielded no results.

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/3817/

It is being widely reported around the web that there is an expansion in the works for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion called " Knights of the White Stallion." This stems from a cryptic Gamestop website listing. Well, not being satisfied with rumor, we went directly to the source, Pete Hines V.P. of Marketing and Public Relations Bethesda Softworks, to ask about this expansion. Here is what he had to say:

There’s no expansion in development called Knights of the White Stallion. That’s the name of a quest in Oblivion.

Right now we have no announced plans for any new content, add-ons, or expansions. If that changes, we’ll let folks know.

So there you have it folks, it seems that the listing was an honest mistake. While we have no doubt there will eventually be an expansion, Bethesda is far from ready to announce it.
I hate it when they pull they crap and start talking like corporate lawyers:

"There’s no expansion in development called Knights of the White Stallion"
*sigh* Ok. Great. Now, what about Knights of the Nine?

"Right now we have no announced plans for any new content, add-ons, or expansions. If that changes, we’ll let folks know."
We know that there are no announced plans. Why the fuck would anyone ask you to confirm the expansion if it was officially announced?

denizsi

Arcane
content, add-ons, or expansions

That doesn't cover handheld and mobile games though. Now if we can spread the word of "Knights of the Nine" and "Shivering Isles" being mobile games in development, we may get Pete to make another dumb announcement.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I tried to flood Blue's News comment section with "RPGCodex new about this all along" messages, but for some reason it always says "your email is not in our database" even if they sent me a password to that particular email address a minute earlier.

Data4

Arcane
This reminds me. For shits and giggles, my partner at work bought and downloaded the Oblivion mobile game for $6 the other night. Okay, considering the PC/Xbox versions ended up being, well, pure ass, imagine that translated to a what amounts to a sprite-based, isometric platformer where all you do is kill three monsters per level and read storyline. In the span of 10 minutes, he'd gone from start to Mankar Cameron's hideout, and killed MAYBE 7 or 8 monsters total.

If the original game was pure ass, this version was pure fat sweaty black woman ass after an hour of sweatin' to the oldies on an August day in New Orleans while wearing a wool girdle soaked in liquified shit.

-D4

denizsi

Arcane
Somebodyat ESF mentioend that Rockstar has registered several trademarks to create diversion while developing either GTA3, Vice City or San Andreas. I checked and saw that there are these bogus titles registered by Take Two as well as the actual games': GTA Tokyo, Sin City and Bogota. So, I guess these "Knights of the Nine" and "Shivering Isles" could be registered just for diversion as well, though I doubt it.

denizsi said:
Somebodyat ESF mentioend that Rockstar has registered several trademarks to create diversion while developing either GTA3, Vice City or San Andreas. I checked and saw that there are these bogus titles registered by Take Two as well as the actual games': GTA Tokyo, Sin City and Bogota. So, I guess these "Knights of the Nine" and "Shivering Isles" could be registered just for diversion as well, though I doubt it.

"Sin City"?

Data4

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
denizsi said:

"Sin City"?

Graphic novel and movie notwithstanding, Sin City is also a name Las Vegas is known as.

-D4

Data4 said:
Admiral jimbob said:
denizsi said:

"Sin City"?

Graphic novel and movie notwithstanding, Sin City is also a name Las Vegas is known as.

-D4

Oh, right.
Thinking about it, a GTA game based on the graphic novels or movie would be awesome...

Top Hat

Scholar
"Bethesda have announced the Shivering Isles mod for their latest RPG masterpiece Oblivion. Tired of walking around without the land beneath your feet lurching around like the logic in this game? Want to play while drunk and have it reflected in-game with TEH IMMERSHUN (c) engine? Feel the need for bouncing up and down while not out ridin' dirty?

This mod shakes the ground in Oblivion like a trailer-park mom does to her newborn to SHUT THAT LITTLE FUCK UP! We've even added it to our stats: not only do the stats Bloom, they Shake, Rattle and Roll!

Also included in the mod:
* Quest removal script: gets rid of all those annoying quests to let you get right to the fun of bashing guys with swords.
* Two all-new lines read by Patrick Stewart that we most certainly did NOT rip out of old The Next Generation episodes.
* Improved Guards: Improving the Radiant AI with the SUMMER script means characters making fun of you or mentioning RPG Codex will be immediately imprisoned.

Continue teh fun for only $5.99."

User was nabbed fit

Mounted combat will be in the last Oblivion expansion pack... that way they'll always have the excuse that 'it's been a long time since Oblivion's been out! It's only now that we had time to add it in'.

mr nobuddy

Educated
Quick question: at the time of Morrowind I remember that Bethesda didn't want fan-made mods to be sold for money. Am I confusing this with another game, and if not, has this position changed, ie can I make a mod that adds dancing, singing phalluses or other idiotic shit and charge the downloader $10 for it? I'm just exploring the depth of Beth's hypocrisy

dadio15

Novice
U guys r tard go 2 theelderscrolls.com its and expansion. like bloodmoon or tribunal. its a land 2 shegrath the deadric prince of madness. :twisted: thats shivering isles, but the kniths of the nine is a group of nights who have 2 kill this deadric kind dude. and get these artifacts 2 do so. (hes easy i beat him when i was lvl 5 :D) thats all it is. c ya :cool:

Fez

Erudite
I'm sure we all feel that much more enlightened now.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's true, this place is going to hell when someone takes the time to make an alt to post that, thinking it will be regarded as at least mildly amusing.

bat_boro

Arcane
dadio15 said:
U guys r tard go 2 theelderscrolls.com its and expansion. like bloodmoon or tribunal. its a land 2 shegrath the deadric prince of madness. :twisted: thats shivering isles, but the kniths of the nine is a group of nights who have 2 kill this deadric kind dude. and get these artifacts 2 do so. (hes easy i beat him when i was lvl 5 :D) thats all it is. c ya :cool:

I see that someone had lied that he's over 13 years old when registring at the forum ... :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom