Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shivering Isles - same old Oblivion, now with teh funnies!!!

Nael

Arcane
Just when you thought that TESF held the monopoly on Bethesda ball sucking jackasses...

Here's the quote that made me throw up a little in my mouth though:

#7 - Posted by: fordfan25 (Member) on 12-28-2006 at 19:17
if it looks even remotly good im buying. sure a deceant modder can do alot. and thats great but i will also fully support offical addons and plugins. remember a game company and publisher are wanting to make mony, we want games ect if we dont support the addons ect the devs will stop makeing them. or switch to closed source code that does not allow and/or makes modding extreamly hard and limating. not say'n we should buy something if its complet junk but....well you know what im getting at smile

I seriously think the only way that video games can be saved today is to make them illegal and drive them underground away from all of these douches. Yes, douches.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
fordfan25 said:
or switch to closed source code that does not allow and/or makes modding extreamly hard and limating.
What the fuck is he talking about? Oblibian(lol) and all other games are closed source. Everything commercial is closed source. It HAS ZERO EFFECT on Modding.

Dumbfuck of the Year™.

Relien

Scholar
Nael said:
if it looks even remotly good im buying. sure a deceant chemist can do alot. and thats great but i will also fully support substitutes. remember drug dealers are wanting to make mony, we want drugs ect if we dont accept the impurities ect the producers will stop makeing them. or switch to chemical compounds that do not allow and/or make purification extreamly hard and limating. not say'n we should buy something if its complet junk but....well you know what im getting at smile
Fixed.

gromit

Arcane
Re: Shivering Isles - same old Oblivion, now with teh funnie

<quote>the humor also lends something of a clasic LucasArts adventure game bent to the Quests you'll embark upon.</quote>

Sticking the Hand of Vecna on to the end of a golf-ball retriever?

gromit

Arcane
Re: Shivering Isles - same old Oblivion, now with teh funnie

the humor also lends something of a clasic LucasArts adventure game bent to the Quests you'll embark upon.

Sticking the Hand of Vecna on to the end of a golf-ball retriever?

Limorkil

Liturgist
SuAside said:
Limorkil said:
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, and parody is the cheapest form of game design.
Blasphemy! Sarcasm and dry wit are an artform, you heretic!

(that doesnt change the fact the The Empty Scrolls 4: Oblivious and any of it's expansions suck donkeydick)

"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit" is a saying, probably derived from a quote by someone or other. Oscar Wilde maybe. Personally, I do not agree. I see lower forms of wit on TV every night.

Rosh

Erudite
Pink and purple polka-dot roflcrabs for premium downloadable content!

I can't wait! So I guess if they can't code the Radiant AI to be worth a shit, they have to write within it's limitations.

"No, see...he's crazy! That is why he stares at the wall for 9 hours a day! It R teh funney!!!lol!!"

Nael

Arcane
Relien said:
Nael said:
if it looks even remotly good im buying. sure a deceant chemist can do alot. and thats great but i will also fully support substitutes. remember drug dealers are wanting to make mony, we want drugs ect if we dont accept the impurities ect the producers will stop makeing them. or switch to chemical compounds that do not allow and/or make purification extreamly hard and limating. not say'n we should buy something if its complet junk but....well you know what im getting at smile
Fixed.

Not quite. Your spelling is still on about a 1st grade elementary school level. I know Tibetan children living in the Himalayas with more of an aptitude for grammar and spelling within the English language. For shame.

PS-Earlier today I lost alot of respect for Newegg.com when I called their customer service and found that their "On Hold" music was the theme music from Oblivion. The fact that I knew what was playing is what disturbed me most. Is it truely too late for my eternal soul?

EDIT:
Limorkil said:
SuAside said:
Limorkil said:
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, and parody is the cheapest form of game design.
Blasphemy! Sarcasm and dry wit are an artform, you heretic!

(that doesnt change the fact the The Empty Scrolls 4: Oblivious and any of it's expansions suck donkeydick)

"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit" is a saying, probably derived from a quote by someone or other. Oscar Wilde maybe. Personally, I do not agree. I see lower forms of wit on TV every night.

And most of those are at least attempting a form of sarcasm though, right? Sitcoms have been stuck in the same sarcastic rut ever since Seinfeld. Fucking admit it and stop watching the fucking TV already! :P

Yo I've got some fucking amazing TES jokes that the devs should put into Shiv Isles.

The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword

The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword walked up to the door of the mage guild in Vivec and asked the clerk to see the archmage.

The clerk said "Sorry, the archmage isn't seeing anyone today." The The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword said, "Not even the The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword?" The clerk said, "I don't know, are you the The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword?" The The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword replied, "Yeah. I am." The clerk blinked, and said, "hold on please."

A few seconds later the clerk came back and said, "Okay the archmage has agreed to see you."

The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword said, "Thanks", and proceeded to go see the Archmage.

The Archmage looked at The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword and said, "So you're The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword?" The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword replied, "Yes, sir! I am The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword!" The Archmage nodded, and said, "What can I do for you today?"

The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword kneelled down and said, "I would like to ask you for permission to marry your daughter."

The Archmage furled his brow, and replied, "Now why should my daughter marry an one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword when there are plenty of two eyed many toothed ordinators with shiny silver swords?" The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword replied, "though I am the one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword, my one eye is keen and my one tooth is sharp. My sword may be rusty but it is sturdy and has served me well."

The Archmage thought about this and said, "Prove it to me then. I will give you tasks that number three. If you can complete them all, you shall have my daughter as your wife!"

The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword agreed. The Archmage said, "First task is this, you must go to the dwemer ruins in Stros M'kai and recover the great schematics of the orrery beneath its belly. You will then return this to me."

The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword agreed, and went off to Stros M'Kai. Two years The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword spent beneath the great dwemer ruins until finally The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword recovered the schematics. He happily rode back to the Vivec mage guild.

He knocked on the door and the clerk answered.

The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword asked to see the Archmage.

The clerk said "Sorry, the archmage isn't seeing anyone today." The The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword said, "Not even the The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword?" The clerk said, "I don't know, are you the The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword?" The The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword replied, "Yeah. I am." The clerk blinked, and said, "hold on please."

A few seconds later the clerk came back and said, "Okay the archmage has agreed to see you."

The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword said, "Thanks", and proceeded to go see the Archmage.

The Archmage looked at The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword and said, "So you're The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword?" The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword replied, "Yes, sir! I am The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword!" The Archmage nodded, and said, "SO you are back! Do you have the schematics?"

The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword said, "YES SIR! I SURE DO!", and handed over the schematics.

The Archmage smiled, and said, "Excellent. Good work. Now, your second test. Are you ready for this, one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword?"

The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword replied, "You bet sir!"

The Archmage gave him the second task, "You must venture out into the heartland of the empire and go into the Imperial Palace. There, you must steal the Emperor's crown and replace it with this one from Guar Burger King. The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword agreed.

The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword set off to Cyrodil and there he spent two years working his way into The Blades so he could get close to the Emperor. And there, one night, while the Emperor was sleeping, The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword did a switcheroo with the crown. He sailed back happily to Vivec and the Mage Guild.

He knocked on the door and the clerk answered.

The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword asked to see the Archmage.

The Archmage looked at The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword and said, "So you're The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword?" The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword replied, "Yes, sir! I am The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword!" The Archmage nodded, and said, "SO you are back! Do you have the crown?"

The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword said, "YES SIR! I SURE DO!", and handed over the crown. Lo and behold, the Archmage smiled, and said, "Excellent. Good work. Now, your second test. Are you ready for this, one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword?"

The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword replied, "You bet sir!"

The Archmage gave him his third and last task, "You must go to the Telvanni stronghold in Tel Mora and slaughter every member of the Telvanni council. Do you think you're MAN ENOUGH to complete this task?"

The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword thought about this for a moment, for he know it was a hard task. But he thought of the beautiful Archmage's daughter, and decided it was worth it.

The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword said, "Yes. I will do this task." The Archmage smiled, patted his prospective son in law, and wished him luck.

The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword went to Tel Mora and like a true man, The one eyed one toothed ordinator with a rusty black sword broke down the door of the Telvanni high council with a swift kick. There, surrounded by the most powerful mages of the Telvanni, he was struck by 50 fireballs and died.

THE END.

Knock knock!
Who's there?
Indorilian Ordinator.
Indorilian Ordinator who?
QUIET, SCUM! We'll ask the questions here.

Q: How many ordinators does it take to screw in the lightbulb?
A: Six. One to do it, and five to watch the scum.

Q: What do you call a plot hole in Tamriel?
A: A Dragon Break.

Building a Fort in Tel Mora

The Imperial Legion under the command of General Cassius is ordered to construct a fort next to Tel Mora to keep those Telvanni in check. General Cassius, upon receiving the order directly from the emperor, ordered 100 legionaries and auxilla to march to Tel Mora and commence construction immediately. The 100 legionaries, upon arriving, started gathering wood and stone and plan out the construction. A week later, a modest fort was erected, about 6 feet tall in height and surrounded by a ring of wooden palisades. The troops looked at the fruits of their labor, and was satisfied. Just as the legion was about to pack up and occupy the fort, a lone Telvanni wizard riding on a guar rode by, stopped, threw a fireball at the fort, destroying it competely, and then rode away.

The Fort now lay in shambles. General Cassius, upon reading the report that the fort was destroyed by a lone Telvanni wizard riding on a guar, was FURIOUS! He dispatched 100 more legionaries to Tel Mora and ordered them to rebuild the fort, making it bigger this time.

The now two hundred legionaries immediate got to work to defend the pride of the Emperor. A month later, they erected a fairly impressive fort. It was 10 feet tall, and surrounded by two layers of wooden palisades, including a stone tower overlooking the gate.

The two hundred legionaries were very happy with their work, and admired it greatly. Then, at that moment, out of NOWHERE, a Telvanni wizard rode out on his Guar, stopped, threw a fireball at the fort, destroying it competely, and then rode away.

General Cassius was PISSED. Those dang Telvanni are probably mocking him right now. He called for his squire, and with a wave of his hand, ordered the dispatch of 800 more legionaries to march to Tel Mora and BUILD A BIGGER FORT!

The now 1000 legionaries got to work rebuilding the fort. Half a year later, a most impressive fort was erected. It was made completely out of stone, 16 feet high, with archer ports lining the sides. It was surrounded by a ring of stone walls as high as two grown men, and two impressive looking towers overlooking the city of Tel Mora.

The 1000 legionaries were very happy with their work, and admired it greatly. Then, at that moment, out of NOWHERE, a Telvanni wizard rode out on his Guar, stopped, threw a fireball at the fort, destroying it competely, and then rode away.

General Cassius nearly had a heart attack upon hearing the destruction of his fort, by a LONE TELVANNI, no less. He slammed his fist down upon the desk, and ordered the dispatch of 9000 more legionaries. Their orders were clear: Rebuild the fort at all costs. Build such a fort that the Emperor himself would be awed by its might.

The now 10000 legionaries got to work. One year later,, a most impressive fort was erected. It was 30 feet tall, competely crenullated with the finest stone of the Empire, and surrounded by two rings of stone walls and encapslulated by a 6 feet wide moat. It had 4 towers watching every corner of the fort.

The 10000 legionaries were very happy with their work, and admired it greatly. Then, at that moment, OUT OF NOWHERE, a Telvanni wizard rode out on his Guar, stopped, threw a fireball at the fort, destroying it competely, and then rode away.

General Cassius was now one very angry man. When the Emperor hears about his failure here, he'll probably lose his job - and his head. "That's it", he screamed, "YOU TELVANNI WANT WAR? YOU GOT IT!" This time, he PERSONALLY led every single legionaire stationed in Vvardenfell, numbering 50000 strong, and marched to Tel Mora. There, he ordered the men to build the BIGGEST, MEANEST, and the most [censored] fort mankind has ever seen on Tamriel. "I want a fort", he told his troops, "that makes the White Gold Tower in Cyrodil look like a DAMN TOOTHPICK. YOU GOT ME?"

His 50000 legionaries saluted and shouted, "YES GENERAL SIR! WE GOT YOU SIR!"

The massive construction began that day. 10 years later, it was finally over. A fort over 200 feet tall stood upon the ruins of the last fort. The fort was encased completely by marble, with ports overlooking every direction of the Empire. It was surrounded by 4 rings of crenullated stone walls, and the gate was as big as a small town. The fort was surrounded by a moat 15 feet wide, and crammed full of slaughterfish. No less than sixteen towers guarded the impressive fortification, each taller than the tallest chapel of Arkay.

The 50000 legionaries were very happy with their work, and admired it greatly. Even General Cassius was happy, for the first time in 7 years, for the fort was truly a masterpiece of Imperial engineering. Then, at that moment, OUT OF NOWHERE, a Telvanni wizard rode out on his Guar, stopped, threw a fireball at the fort, destroying it competely, and then rode away.

General Cassius was furious, and his face reddened until he became an avatar of angry destruction. He hopped on his warhorse, brandished his sword, chased the Telvanni wizard riding on a guar down, and slew him then and there.

Moral of the story: Horses are faster than Guars.

Rat Keeng

Liturgist
Ooooh, they'll have Cliff Roflers, Lmaotronarchs and Lollerfish, probably throw in some people running around in their underwear, NOT screaming obscenities.

It will be grand!

Relien

Scholar
Nael said:
Relien said:
Nael said:
Fixed.

Not quite. Your spelling is still on about a 1st grade elementary school level. I know Tibetan children living in the Himalayas with more of an aptitude for grammar and spelling within the English language. For shame.
I did it on poorpose. I no that 'know' is spieled 'no'.

Rosh

Erudite
Transfiguring Roar said:
Does anyone get the nagging suspicion that this 'Shivering Isles' humour thing is an experiment for humour in Fallout 3?

Of all the things I have wondered about, this is one of the few things I haven't really been able to get a clear answer about. Something about how the Todd-Emil verbal fellatio ouroboros is precluding any coherent speech from either developer so that even their peers are having difficulties understanding them.

From the art direction, some is mentioned by my sources as "dubious in style", but it wasn't in regards to the humor, I'm afraid.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Who said they've forgotten about allowing choices and consequences?

One quest has you deciding the fate of a group of adventurers who have strayed into a dungeon in search of great riches. You, along with one of Sheogoraths minions get to decide the fate of said adventurers, as Sheogorath has already decided that they are to die. You can kill them outright, or use traps and illusions within the dungeons to drive them insane (ie the adventurers see a locked cage filled with unimaginable riches - you can opt to electrify the cage, killing anyone who touches it, walk in and kill them yourself, or drop thousands of key in the room, driving them insane as they search for the real one).

The monkeys are working overtime but they are still working on their ABCs so there's not much hope for Hamlet. Fallout is going to be bad, isn't it?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
elander_ said:
" "Ever since getting Wabbajack in Daggerfall I wished for this to happen, and now it comes true, my ultimate Elder Scrolls dream! Adventure in the insanity-ridden realms of Sheogorath! Splendid!" "

Now everyone claims they have played Daggerfall and are loving Oblivion and everything related. They would claim they have played with their mommas if it was worth anything to sell their crap.

I actually played Daggerfall and loved it. Yeah this comment is made by me.
And that expansion sounds too wacky and crazy not to provide at least a few hours of fun.

P.S.:
I love insane weird humor, that's why I'm looking forward to that expansion.
Look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow2B0YOsqEU to see what my homor is like, and then understand why I'm looking forward to it. Splendid.

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
JarlFrank said:
elander_ said:
" "Ever since getting Wabbajack in Daggerfall I wished for this to happen, and now it comes true, my ultimate Elder Scrolls dream! Adventure in the insanity-ridden realms of Sheogorath! Splendid!" "

Now everyone claims they have played Daggerfall and are loving Oblivion and everything related. They would claim they have played with their mommas if it was worth anything to sell their crap.

I actually played Daggerfall and loved it. Yeah this comment is made by me.
And that expansion sounds too wacky and crazy not to provide at least a few hours of fun.

P.S.:
I love insane weird humor, that's why I'm looking forward to that expansion.
Look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow2B0YOsqEU to see what my homor is like, and then understand why I'm looking forward to it. Splendid.

This should be fun ...

Nael

Arcane
Germans are incapable of humour. It's a side-effect of trace Zyklon-B poisoning.

ixg

Erudite
I understand why my grandfather left Germany

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom