Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Should the Codex become a democracy?

Should the Codex become a democracy?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lumpy

Arcane
Yes/No.
The poll is open for 30 days, which means until the 14th of December.

Deleted member 7219

You need to suggest a constitution for such a democracy if you want there to be a poll on one.

spacemoose

Erudite
considering the overwhelming solicitation that I've received from all of you, I've decided to accept. yes I will bear the burden of being the philosopher king of the codex. as my first decree, all of sheeks accounts are to be given the 'macaque' special title

Au naturel

Scholar
Why not? I will vote yes. From most half serious poll results here, it would seem there are enough brains to make decent decisions. I can almost see problems like the recent coup being instead huge speeches attempting to sway the majority of Codex members. Discounted copies of Age of Decadence offered, veiled threats mixed with lulzy pictures, middle of the road fence sitting, and cuddly New Zealanders desperately trying to stop the rest declaring civil war on each other. Along with the silent, yet potent, power of tacticular lobbyists.

Bring on the Democracy I say.

Gambler

Augur
There is no such thing as internet democracy. What people usually mean by the term is communal censorship, where nobody is accountable, and majority decides what everyone else does every single time. Not everything that involves voting is democracy, although many people try to present it that way.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Should the topic title be changed to "Should Lumpy remain undumbfucked?"

Kingcomrade
No

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't like democracies.
Our current aristocracy is good as it is.

Also, giving the people too much power can result in another "REVOLUSHION", so, rather not.

Lumpy

Arcane
JarlFrank said:
I don't like democracies.
Our current aristocracy is good as it is.

Also, giving the people too much power can result in another "REVOLUSHION", so, rather not.
Only, it's not as much an aristocracy, as it is a "I was here first, so it's by MY whims"-cracy.

spacemoose

Erudite
now now you're being a bit dishonest there. NL had admin status for a long-ass time. mamma's gang only struck when it did because the time was ripe. because the field had been prepared by revolutionaries. like me. and nutcracker and cassidy and ixg and helton and xeoc gpr, (jesade helped out in the end too). but most importantly me.

Democracy in this case really would pretty much be shit. I've spouted my opinion about the VD mess because I thought it needed to be said, but I don't think I have any place as a "member of the community" to dictate terms to an admin who actually contributes real work to the site no matter how fucked up I think they are. All I really do is enjoy the fruits of their work without contributing much but my sparkling presence. Same way I didn't think they had the right to dictate harsh terms to VD, who has contributed a shitload more to making the site what it is than anyone else still here, simply because he was outvoted.

Cassidy

Arcane
Walks with the Snails said:
Democracy in this case really would pretty much be shit. I've spouted my opinion about the VD mess because I thought it needed to be said, but I don't think I have any place as a "member of the community" to dictate terms to an admin who actually contributes real work to the site no matter how fucked up I think they are. All I really do is enjoy the fruits of their work without contributing much but my sparkling presence. Same way I didn't think they had the right to dictate harsh terms to VD, who has contributed a shitload more to making the site what it is than anyone else still here, simply because he was outvoted.

Meritocracy then?

Nutcracker

Scholar
Spacemoose said:
now now you're being a bit dishonest there. NL had admin status for a long-ass time. mamma's gang only struck when it did because the time was ripe. because the field had been prepared by revolutionaries. like me. and nutcracker and cassidy and ixg and helton and xeoc gpr, (jesade helped out in the end too). but most importantly me.

:salute:

Although i dont know about ixg, it looks like he has half the codex on ignore.

Moggs

Liturgist
Is this Lumpy/Sheek/whoever trying to be clever-funny or dumb-funny? i.e., Voting on whether or not we should be voting.

I can't believe I'm actually replying to one of these drama threads. I feel dirty and must go shower...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I'm confused, do you want the Codex to be a Democracy and therefore listen to the results of this poll, thus NOT making the Codex a Democracy but by listening to the poll making it one or do we NOT be a Democracy, therefore not listening to the poll which would mean making the Codex a Democracy?

'cause you know, 58% I can spin to my heart's content but 82% would be pushing it.

Can we please become a democracy for just one day, so we can vote Lumpy off the island?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom