Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Shroud of the Avatar - Lord British's Not-Ultima Online 2

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Even if he miraculously managed to get all his old Ultima & Origin ips back he'd fuck up everything. Dude wastes money like crazy.

Codex Year of the Donut
Thus begins Rustford Shackleton's quest to rescue Jaesun from the grasp of the evil Lord British.
Sot-A-08-20-22-15-18-1.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
Ack, it appears that Rustford is stopped in his tracks by a foul invisible barrier.
Sot-A-08-20-22-15-47-1.jpg

Our hero shan't let such vile wizardries stop him on his righteous quest!

Codex Year of the Donut
I have come upon a camp of survivors from zombie attacks. I happened upon a local lord and he also has not heard of our Jaesun. Stunned as I was, how has he not heard of our noble and valiant knight?
Sot-A-08-20-22-16-39-1.jpg

Sot-A-08-20-22-16-41-1.jpg

My quest continues.

Codex Year of the Donut
Thy hero found many useful items merely by searching the world and using mine eyes, how wondrous! Perhaps I shall take a small break from mine quest and go fishing...
Sot-A-08-20-22-17-11-1.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
It appears thy hero has been afflicted with a curse of laggardness, no doubt by some witch who wishes to prevent me from fulfilling my quest!
Sot-A-08-20-22-17-35-1.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
Our hero stopped along the way to ask if anyone has seen or heard of our friend Sir Jaesun, but they had no answer. Mayhaps this foul trickery runs deeper than Rustford first thought if nary a soul will lend aid to a noble cause of finding a lost compatriot.
Sot-A-08-20-22-17-15-1.jpg

He was too scared to speak, I felt only pity for the soul.

Our brave hero found himself in the depths of a catacombs while on his virtuous quest, but felt no fear for he knew his cause was righteous. Alas, the villains he found knew nothing of Sir Jaesun's location...
Sot-A-08-20-22-21-57-1.jpg

But there is no reason to fear for he is never lost as he has his trusty map!
Sot-A-08-21-22-1-35-2.jpg

Rustford has come across many strange, unnatural occurrences in this world... the only explanation could be foul witchcraft!
Sot-A-08-21-22-6-31-1.jpg

Sot-A-08-21-22-6-32-1.jpg

Not even snowstorms, surely of the vile and abominable witchery nature, could prevent our plucky hero from continuing his journey, for he still has much to see and a noble task to complete.
Sot-A-08-21-22-6-48-1.jpg

...But even the stoutest of warriors require rest.
Sot-A-08-21-22-7-16-1.jpg

Rustford found himself a tavern that is not so crowded as to hear a bard's melody quietly humming from floors below, slowly nodding off while planning his adventures yet to come.
Sot-A-08-21-22-7-39-1.jpg

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
(apparently the next patch -- hopefully soon -- is changing from an ancient version of Unity to a less ancient one, maybe it will slightly alleviate the awful performance)

Codex Year of the Donut
Some of the problems Rustford must overcome can be quite tricksey, but he is a master sleuth.
Sot-A-08-21-22-18-33-1.jpg

Sot-A-08-21-22-18-33-2.jpg

Sot-A-08-21-22-18-33-3.jpg

You have to piece the story bits together yourself to get the full story for the inhabitants + clue of where to find that key, which has an item related to part of the area's story.

Repressed Homosexual
Like with Star Citizen, I paid for and never installed this game when it came out as it quickly revealed itself to be hot garbage. But the drama and meltdowns over ten years gave me more than my money's worth.

Codex Year of the Donut
I really enjoy keyword systems more than dialogue trees, it's a shame nobody uses them anymore. Sometimes having to play "figure out what the developer intended" outweighs dialogue trees lack of ability to allow player agency or problem solving. They aren't even opposed systems, dialogue trees could easily be built ontop of a keyword query system, Morrowind did it to some extent but barely used it.

Gregz

Arcane
rusty_shackleford

So, how much of this is a LARP vs. enjoying the game itself? There's an sp mode and I'm curious how it would play, especially when grouping with NPCs for more difficult encounters.
I'm playing the online mode.
Actually enjoying it, the areas are well made and the quests+puzzles well done.

Any issues with trolls, boxers, or people giving away OP gear?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
SP mode is similar minus online shit. But new patch means i have to lug my computer to library to patch. Grrrr. And its a free game. Who the hell would pay for it?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom