Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Shroud of the Avatar - Lord British's Not-Ultima Online 2

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ricardo Garriath... hah, I love it.

Bt

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Stabwound Just go ahead and donate and get it over with. You know you want to -- classic passive aggressive love/hate obsession with his Lud'ship~

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
He is very focused on a deep story and Single Player game:

Stretch Goals!​

We've had a lot of requests to share our stretch goals beyond the initial $1 million goal, so here's what we know so far:​

$1 M INITIAL GOAL!​

$1.1 M PET SYSTEM!​
One word, "Pets!" We're adding both social and combat pets which players can control using simple commands​

$1.2 M SEASONAL WEATHER!​
Grab your cloak, because we're adding Weather to the game!​

$1.3 M To Be Revealed!​

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Well fuck me. This is the most half-hearted yet successful kickstarter I've seen.

They have yet to make the 4K+ to their goal.

Will probably happen tomorrow.

EDIT: They finally made $1,000.000.

backers
$1,001,432
pledged of $1,000,000 goal
days to go

FrancoTAU

Cipher
I'm kind of surprised that the pledges haven't dropped much in the last couple days. I really thought it was going to come to a near standstill this week.

It's definitely going to be just like Ultima 4-7 with stretch goals like that. Weather changes are fine and dandy at least, but it's just weird how absolutely nothing is mentioned of actual game play still. Seriously, what the fuck do you do when you're actually playing the game?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
Exactly. These very things missing from Ultima IV - VIII would have only made them more meaningful and incredible.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
To be fair, Ultima VII's combat would actually have been less of a clusterfuck if your party members were controlled by your Facebook friends. :troll:

Stabwound

Arcane
Wow, I'm listening to an LB interview: his example of a great RPG is Diablo and a great example of a "roleplaying game" is Thief, because you play the role of a thief.

:rage:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
To be fair, Ultima VII's combat would actually have been less of a clusterfuck if your party members were controlled by your Facebook friends. nonexistent and it's turned into action RPG like its SNES port.:troll:

jewboy

Arbiter
Wow, I'm listening to an LB interview: his example of a great RPG is Diablo and a great example of a "roleplaying game" is Thief, because you play the role of a thief.

:rage:

He may have suffered severe brain damage in space. That would explain a lot.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
look, after ultima 8 , there isn't much hope by then.
if the kickstarter has a stretch goal of him playing Ultima 9, I'd chip in just to see how he eats his own shit sandwich.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom