Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim Gameplay - Now including classic dumb AI

Stabwound

Arcane
It really does look like a (visually) upgraded Oblivion. Combat looks almost exactly the same: terrible.

It's also pretty obvious that the dragons are going to be the oblivion gates of Skyrim. So fun trying to go somewhere or do something and a dragon shows up out of nowhere and starts attacking you. All the time.

:retarded:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Stabwound said:
It's also pretty obvious that the dragons are going to be the oblivion gates of Skyrim. So fun trying to go somewhere or do something and a dragon shows up out of nowhere and starts attacking you. All the time.

I MUCH rather have quick dragon encounters than have to climb those stupid towers in a handful of Oblivion maps over and over again.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I dunno what the fuck you're smoking, the combat looks vastly improved. The spellcasting in particular looks much better.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Turisas said:
I MUCH rather have quick dragon encounters than have to climb those stupid towers in a handful of Oblivion maps over and over again.

That's what the tcl command is for. :smug:

Bahamut

Arcane
Mastermind said:
Turisas said:

That's what the tcl command is for. :smug:

Still uninstall.exe was the best and fastest choice

orgasmic :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

and now lets compare dragons fights from twicher2 with that one

quick time events vs. dumb down ai

which one is banal-shit-boring?
:yeah:

torpid

Liturgist
"...one of our over a hundred fifty dungeons that we have in the game..." Work that copy-paste, Todd!

Gerrard

Arcane
Apparently they have a limit on how many years behind modern quality they can be.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
They finally fixed the "stick up ass" animations. That alone is worthy of praise.

It's basically a much prettier Oblivion, which is all well and good, but unfortunately this demo doesn't get into addressing the changes to the skill system and character progression, nor does it address the story, quest design, writing etc. It's a promising first look at the real gameplay, but can't be taken as indicative of the total experience. Of course, the worrying thing is that they don't get into it at all, but that's not too surprising considering the demo's intended to wow the masses and not appease the more critical fans.

GOD DAMMIT BETHESDA FIX YOUR HORRIBLE AI ALREADY

Tel Velothi

Cipher
sea said:
GOD DAMMIT BETHESDA FIX YOUR HORRIBLE AI ALREADY

Not only that. Everything is just terrible.
Pretty graphics? It looks so much like Oblivion. Just with 80% color saturation and awsum next-gen filterz. Blurry textures included of course.
Decent animations? Moders can do better. For free. Not mentioning that on promotional gameplay everything looks better than it really is.

I thought you guys might want to know this: You can light up enemy by hitting him with torch. :salute:

Also: I think these threads are made just for laugh and count out major fails about next Beth-shit (which is SO entertaining - I know). Because I don't think anybody expect it to be any good? Am I wrong?

It would appear that Bethesduh has learned a thing or two after their little jaunt into Fallout... but... sadly, I don't think they've learned enough.

Well sure, the combat looks cool and all that, but the skills are DUMBED DOWN BEYOND COMPARE! ONE HANDER?! WHAT THE FUCK BRO?! And the dialogue will probably be derp-tastic... and that's not even mentioning all of the perverted mods which are bound to be released for it.

Yeah, Bethesduh might as well make hentai dating simulations... because let's face it: The only people who still play Oblivion are the perverts.

Ruprekt

Scholar
What horrible ai?

Most action rpgs have an extremely limited gamut of behaviours. That's one area where oblivion (for all it's hideous demerits) excelled the norm.

Ruprekt

Scholar
I didn't say that enemies in Oblivion weren't retarded. But at least they actually had AI.

So yeah you guys have discovered that AI looks dumber than simple scripting.

:thumbsup:

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ruprekt said:
I didn't say that enemies in Oblivion weren't retarded. But at least they actually had AI.

So yeah you guys have discovered that AI looks dumber than simple scripting.

:thumbsup:

Dude, you could jump on a rock/wall and the mobs would just run in place against the wall right below you. Snipe away.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Looks fucking amazing. Will probably spend more than those promised 300 hours with this game.

also that was on fucking xbox360. imagine exploring all that shit on the PC!
graphics whoring aside, AI looks a little dumb. combat looks a zillion times better than oblivion.

would like to see a
enter town -> grab quest -> do quest video.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom