Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Skyrim sells absolute buckets

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
DaveO said:
The key word in the announcement is shipped and not bought. I imagine a LOT of E.T. Atari 2600 games were shipped, but we know a massive percentage ended up in a landfill.

Yeah, that was the key here. They also extrapolated their $650 million for a retail price of $65 per copy which is bullshit to begin with. Their cut from this would certainly be less even assuming that it is all true. Then you take into account their advertising campaign, cost of development etc. and you are left with a quite modest sum as profit(relatively speaking of course given the sheer volume of units supposedly sold and their cost to make and promote).

Fuck them either way. No-one will remember their shitty games in 20 years while the true legends will live on forever in out hearts and minds.....

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
People pay with buckets for Skyrim? What Todd needs all those buckets for?

:troll:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Who knows, with all that money, they might make a decent game one day. :troll:

Turjan

Arcane
Wunderpurps said:
Kz3r0 said:
BT84X.png

So the developers have buckets on their heads, too. It all makes sense now.

Actually, when reading this thread title together with the other current one (Skyrim, DLC, Buckets), I thought of Bethesda selling buckets as special fan articles. For the especially devoted ones.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
DarkUnderlord said:
Who knows, with all that money, they might make a decent game one day.
If you give me all that money I will guarantee an AAA+ game. But all you get now is Prosper's belly button and neckbeard.

Hmmmm...an aggressive ad campaign (fucking live action dragon attack commercials all over Monday Night Football, NHL games, big SEC games, and god knows what else) for the sequel of a previously successful IP worked out well? I'm shocked.

Wunderpurps

Educated
Turjan said:
Wunderpurps said:
Kz3r0 said:

So the developers have buckets on their heads, too. It all makes sense now.

Actually, when reading this thread title together with the other current one (Skyrim, DLC, Buckets), I thought of Bethesda selling buckets as special fan articles. For the especially devoted ones.

That would be Majestic.

Wunderpurps

Educated
Every time I think nothing can make me

:what:

this place proves me wrong. First the burger king now this guy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom