Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim Special Edition

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I guess this applies to this year also

circ

Arcane
Just saw the trailer.

Yeah. Think most people will keep the old one with an ENB.

Volumetric God rays. Remastered art & fx(?). New snow shaders. Dynamic DoF. Screen space reflections.

Dude. None of these are fucking impressive 5 years later.

Are they fixing the rain fx being just a filter and not actually working like rain? Probably not, it still rains in interiors in Fallout 4.
Add a wet shader like in Fallout 4? LUL yeah right.
Upgrading the executable to 64 bit system? Yeah right.
Fix some major bugs, like say implementing the memory fixes in-game? Yeah right.
And the fact that people get it for free (with legendary edition), is a joke. Bethesda doesn't give shit away for free, unless even they can't justify asking for money because of how shit it is.

Go home Bethesda you're drunk.

Cadmus

Arcane
Cool, they are adding all the shit I turn off the minute I start up a new game!

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
You think they'd add VR support to Skyrim with this remaster thingy. Guess not, Zionmax must still be butthurt that Carmack left id for Oculus.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
This is necessary, who the fuck plays games without Volumetric God Rays in 2016? I can't even imagine going back to a game without Volumetric God Rays.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
You get it for free on steam if you own skyrim, probably best to buy it on this steam sale on -90% and have it for free in october.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Yup they just added an ENB.
Typical lazy Betheseda...
Couldn't they at least also add a 4K texture mod, Climates of Tamriel and the Unofficial Patches and say it's theirs.
Well any way, I am actually interested to see how they are going to make mods work on consoles without all those Mod Manger programs.
Can already see console fags getting all those errors, compatibility issues and crashes. :lol:

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Yup they just added an ENB.
Typical lazy Betheseda...
Couldn't they at least also add a 4K texture mod, Climates of Tamriel and the Unofficial Patches and say it's theirs.
Well any way, I am actually interested to see how they are going to make mods work on consoles without all those Mod Manger programs.
Can already see console fags getting all those errors, compatibility issues and crashes. :lol:
I already have to help my brother with his Fallout 4 mods on Xbox. It's brutal. "Oh why are you doing that? What's that for?" Hell, I had to convince him to get the unofficial patch. But the interface and load order sorter are alright and simplistic.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
I just realized something. My PC that could barely run Skyrim won't be able to at all after the switch.

Drakron

Arcane
Apparently this is now automatic a :d1p:for me since I brought the Legendary Edition during a sale last year I think.

Seethe

Arbiter
Remastered graphic effects. That's it? There's mods that make the game look better than that.

Drakron

Arcane
Remastered graphic effects. That's it? There's mods that make the game look better than that.

No, let me tell you whats this ...

Bethesda.net

Mods on the console, I have few ideas why the fuck they want to add mod support on consoles for a what now? 5 years old game, this isnt about PC because Steam gets a freebie (lnevermind incompatible mods since this is likely be a assents port to FO4 engine) because its not really the market anymore and its lacked with Bethesda.net, I bet Steamworks wont even be available for it.

If you have SKyrim already and are on the PC this adds little, chances of mods compatibility is low because FO4 changed a lot of things and mods would have to be redone, the only good thing in case you want this on PC is FO4 been out enough so some progress been made in the structure but chances are a lot of stuff isnt going to work because engine support is either different or gone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom