Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Skyrim Video Interview

Lord Haw Haw

Educated
undecaf said:
Aside from the video interview... the "officielt FAQ" is up...

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... interview/

7) Will we be able to have relationships with the NPCs, romantic or otherwise?
Bruce: Absolutely! You make friends with people by doing things for them. Friends in the game will treat you differently. Some of them will even agree to go with you into dungeons and on adventures. You can even get married. If you own a house, your spouse will move in with you.

Furrymarriage confirmed?

That cinches it. I was thinking about at least borrowing it from the ether out of curiosity but now the Elder Scrolls are truly dead.

The big concern however is that the Beth Forumites will start to resemble Bioware Forumites, and lose their own special brand of retardation.

circ

Arcane
It's just bullshit. I didn't follow Oblivion development, but I bet they said the same shit back then. I know they bullshitted their asses off on other stuff.

I bet the friend will be like that retard who joins you after you become arena champ at level 1, and then walks up a set of stairs outside a dungeon, and falls down and breaks his neck. Very Radiant. Shit, my spouse moved in with me in Fable 1 too and that was um years ago. Way to innovate Bethesda. Can I own a whorehouse in Rimjob like I could in Fable 1? No? Fuck off Bethesda.

That wasn't a fanfic, that's a canon excerpt of the wonderful and enticing Elder Scrolls lore. Now you know why DraQ likes it so much.

:smug:

7) Will we be able to have relationships with the NPCs, romantic or otherwise?
Bruce: Absolutely! You make friends with people by doing things for them. Friends in the game will treat you differently. Some of them will even agree to go with you into dungeons and on adventures. You can even get married. If you own a house, your spouse will move in with you.

The older games also let you do that. The feature was called Command Humanoid.

Or Creature if that's your thing, but there were no dragons so that part of the romance was somewhat lacking

Lord Haw Haw

Educated
Thing is, I wouldn't mind romamce/marriage mechanics if they actually contributed to the gameplay. Marriage could be an intersting thing in a game like this if it enabled social mobility, allowing access to inner circles of npcs which in turn could make new quests available. As it is, we get nothing but a LARP option for lonely masturbation addicts.

Ivory Samoan

Liturgist
Seboss said:
Cut the guy some slack, he's just asking the questions Hines allowed him to, i.e the one Bethesda PR wrote. It's that or no coverage I guess.

l3loodAngel said:
I have got a 2 million dollar questions. Why da fuck would I ever go to some generic copy paste dungeon without a quest. And second would be why fuck I would go there with a quest... :retarded:
2006: Codex whines about the lack of randomized content in Oblivion because y'know, it was just so good in Daggerfall.
2011: Codex whines because randomized content suck, cookie-cutter dungeons blahblah

Give me a shout in 2016 if you finally make up your mind guys.
:M :M

Black

Arcane
Excidium said:
2hwoavc.jpg

siXA5.jpg

Bethesda's target audience! :thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom