Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
So I was just reminded of why this game is so infuriating at times. 6 games in a row with people not listening to pings (DON'T STAY LOW ON LANE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE THEIR JUNGLER IS YOU MORONS), dying on ganks for overextending and then calling their own jungler shit (that's me, by the way), chasing kills into the enemy jungle with absolutely no vision of the enemy team, chasing kills instead of taking objectives, getting caught in obvious places, farming instead of helping me do dragon and just the general 12 year old idiocy on chat. Besides at least 4 games where all 3 lanes lost or at best went even, despite my efforts.

Seriously, it's enough to give me an aneurism and yet this shit is so addictive because you keep chasing this dream that someday you'll get to diamond or whatever and everyone will play without retarded mistakes and not rage at each other, but the fact is you won't get there, and, if you do, it's probably gonna be the same shit as any other division - in fact, I bet diamond 5 is worse than most since so many diamond accounts must get sold. Fuck. This. Game. Unninstall is the only solution.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
One of the funniest moments with me playing jungle was one game that just started, I was on red team, I took blue buff. wolves and proceed to red. While moving to red, our top died, it was combination of his full out attack with chasing enemy to his tower and early Shaco gank. It was surprising that we gave first blood before third minute but it was even more surprising that our top started screaming "REPORT JUNGLE!!!". When I asked why would he report me, he said no gank. Its always junglers fault when people die and lose their lines.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Shit happens. Ive been demoted and promotes like 10 times so far in plat 4 and 5.
Problem is that people expect to get carried while not seeing their own fails. I've played enough games to know if its my fault why we lost the game.
Blaming the jungler is the standard protocol with shitty laners.
Omg, I got ganked, x9 our jungler plz. Noone ever gets ganked in this game. Ever. Its not cool bro.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Im silver (although I dont rally play ranked only normals for fun) so anything I say should be taken with grain of salt. The thing is when I jungle I prioritize helping bot, then mid then top. In my opinion the most important thing is to win bot line even if I have to sacrifice another line. One game I had every line begging for help just few minutes in (this happens a lot and its my nightmare as a jungle), everyone is loosing lines and their Fiddle jungle is pretty much camping bot. I focus all my attention bot and mid, help them to win their lines. Problem was I decided to abandon top, our Vlad was first blood to Yasuo and in 10 min mark was already 0/3. I told him to just def since its already a line without hope. He proceeded to scream at me majority of game, calling me names, blaming me for loosing the line (fiddle didnt gank top once), asking others to report me. We won the game quite easily, fed carry and mid pretty much wiped enemy teams in group fights even with Vlad being completely useless.

Some better player would have probably managed to save all three lines, but in my opinion sacrficing a pawn is worth winning the game.

Jozoz

Prophet
Anyone here also only really play one champion? If so let's discuss those champions.

I'm Diamond 4 (was D3 a few days ago though) playing almost entirely Fiddlesticks. I was in the top 10.000 on EUW, but after a big losing streak I need to get back up there.

If anyone wants advice on Fiddlesticks don't be afraid to ask, I'd also like to hear some of you guys about Skarner since I played him a ton in season 2 but I can't seem to get him to work anymore. His new rework is really awesome though (though I still wished they just buffed him and kept his old kit)

This is me btw: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/19559526

Renegen

Arcane
As much as people rage at junglers I find it's the most strategic role of all of them and so it's the most enjoyable to improve at and get better. For example one thing that I've learned the hard way is that instead of dividing your help to all 3 lanes, it's usually better to focus all of it on one lane instead. This makes the enemy jungler have to deal with the "OMG IM GETTING CAMPED" teammate and it leads to taking the other guy out of his comfort zone. Also I can only imagine how hard Vlad loses to Yasuo, there's literally nothing Vlad can do for the first 10 minutes, gotta give him a break. Sometimes you can say stuff like "oh wow, you'll get wrecked top lane, hang in there I'll help bot mostly", it doesn't guarantee anything but I find being the leader helps.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I used to play exclusively Udyr, and after that it was Udyr, Hecarim, Elise and Thresh if I had to support.

Hecarim is crazy fun if you get ahead, which is not that hard to do on lower elos since people rarely counter-jungle. He really makes you feel like you're the commander of the team when you're diving in a teamfight with that ult - problem is he needs the rest of the team to follow up and quite a few times I went in and my team turned their backs on me. If you survive the extremely squishy early game where all you have is elder lizard (great on him because of his Q) and mercury treads, he'll become a god.

Elise is really cool too if you manage to land your cocoons and use rappel effectively - besides that, the key to playing her is knowing to just stay in mage form to poke and siege with Q and W, too many people try to go in with spider form all alone just because someone is low and end up getting wrecked by the enemy team. Nowadays people build pussy items like locket on her which reduce her damage to below 0, I was just sticking to my regular build of golem, sorcerer's shoes, haunting guise (into liandry later), frozen heart, rylai and abyssal scepter.

Udyr's only real weakness is being extremely prone to kiting, but he's really just about the most well rounded and versatile jungler in the game: fast clears, remains relevant at all stages of the game if you build right, good ganks, good counterjungling, moves around the map faster than just about anyone else if you have blue buff to spam bear stance - in fact, I'd wager that's his other weakness, mana problems.

After I sold my account I picked up Rengar and Wukong, and they can both be fun, though wukong is a bit bland IMO (although probably the easiest to carry a game with), and Rengar is fairly useless if your team gets behind.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
By the way, something I absolutely hate as a jungler is people thinking they're entitled to my buffs, and not only that but that I have the duty to leash it for them. Worst part is when you start it to donate it to mid and the asshole takes ages to reach the buff because god forbid he loses 5 creeps, while you slowly lose like half your HP. Fuck that, I'm not your servant.

Erzherzog

Magister
Anyone here also only really play one champion? If so let's discuss those champions.

I'm Diamond 4 (was D3 a few days ago though) playing almost entirely Fiddlesticks. I was in the top 10.000 on EUW, but after a big losing streak I need to get back up there.

If anyone wants advice on Fiddlesticks don't be afraid to ask, I'd also like to hear some of you guys about Skarner since I played him a ton in season 2 but I can't seem to get him to work anymore. His new rework is really awesome though (though I still wished they just buffed him and kept his old kit)

I actually brought Fiddlesticks into my ranked champ rotation. I love mages and he's really the only pure mage jungler. I used to derp with him with my coworkers but I thought about it...he's amazing in certain comps. Teams that focus damage on only a couple champs are pretty fucked. Like, if their only damage dealers are the mid and adc, you can CC too often while their fighters and tanks sit in your ult. Glorious. So far so good, 3 and 1, but then again my whole roster are champs that I got obscene winrates before watching them crumble. I had Vi well over 60% with over 50 matches till that crumbled. I had A 9 and 3 as Kha until that went south. Lissandra was 7 and 0 now it's 7 and 5, Morg went 5 and 0 and now pretty even. Makes me mad because its the same story, get closer to silver 5 and get worse players.

I'm excited for nu-nu-Skarner but I'm not sure I have the time to practice him.

And I like new SotAG. But do I wonder if I should build it on Amumu. Usually go with Spectral Wraith so that early ganks are more successful.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
I have like 5 mains that I use in rotation (Lulu, Malph, Panth, Grag and Blitz), while I can jungle and support with pretty much rest of the jungle/supp roster, these are the ones I believe give me most power in the game.
Lulu is pure annoyance mid with Heal and a nice counter to snowball mids except maybe Fizz.
I tried getting Morgana in the mix but she's too dependent on a ad carry with a clue. With mega tanks like Grag and Blitz you can fix alot of their mistakes, with Morg you'll just get melted.
Panth is best at forcing early surrender if he gets rolling and somewhat fed Malph will instagib their carry most of the time.

I'm getting better with Grag, found out that Spellthief isnt really worth it, I just build tank and slam people with leveled up W. AoE stun every 6 seconds helps a bit too. 0/15/15 masteries work out quite alright, extra gold and some tankiness goes a long way.

Jozoz

Prophet

I actually brought Fiddlesticks into my ranked champ rotation. I love mages and he's really the only pure mage jungler. I used to derp with him with my coworkers but I thought about it...he's amazing in certain comps. Teams that focus damage on only a couple champs are pretty fucked. Like, if their only damage dealers are the mid and adc, you can CC too often while their fighters and tanks sit in your ult. Glorious. So far so good, 3 and 1, but then again my whole roster are champs that I got obscene winrates before watching them crumble. I had Vi well over 60% with over 50 matches till that crumbled. I had A 9 and 3 as Kha until that went south. Lissandra was 7 and 0 now it's 7 and 5, Morg went 5 and 0 and now pretty even. Makes me mad because its the same story, get closer to silver 5 and get worse players.

I'm excited for nu-nu-Skarner but I'm not sure I have the time to practice him.

And I like new SotAG. But do I wonder if I should build it on Amumu. Usually go with Spectral Wraith so that early ganks are more successful.

My number 1 advice for climbing the ladder is playing the same champion every game. You will just automatically start winning more than you lose this way. It's not for everyone though, I know a lot of people get bored playing the same champion over and over.

As for Fiddlesticks, I'd actually argue that his success relies a lot more on the champion he's against compared to the champions on his team.

Some champions just cockblock Fids 100%. Kayle, Lee Sin (and similar knockbacks) and Morgana come to mind. Kayle's ult is something you cannot play around as Fiddlesticks because your ult is such a heavy all in. Knockbacks are self explanatory. You have to fear the guy with the knockback if he knows what he's doing and Morgana is just a horribly cheap and overpowered champion my opinion. Especially in high elo where people use the CC Immunity correctly (I remember this as a big problem in the lower elos).

Also a thing about statistics, it's important not to get too involved in your statistics. It's very difficult not to, but in my opinion stats say nothing until you have played around 25 games. Solo Queue is simply too random. That's also why you just have to play a shit ton of games if you want to climb.

I prefer to have some above average champions but mostly everything's situational. I like to counter/synergize with support but when I just have no idea I fall back on Karma or something. Incidentally most of my semi-mains are very average champions that work in most situations.

Amumu is a dps tank, he deals a lot of damage in the safety of his powerful ultimate and if he's ignored he will kill people if you build him right. If you build him straight tank he's far easier to ignore due to relatively low utility after ult.

Renegen

Arcane
The new SotAG looks OP as fuck, it will be weird having a new jungle meta for 1 month with everyone screaming TREE OP PLZ NERF REPORT IF UNBANNED.

Erzherzog

Magister
Neither Essence Reaver nor Bloodthirster are being used in pro matches. Lifesteal items not so popular now...investing in LS runes even after all the nerfs.

EDIT: There's a rune page limit? Oh god.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
I do too but all I use is one rune page for jungling(Attack speed, damage, armor, mr/level) and another one for supp(gold/10, armor, mr/level and mana regen). I have an AP page thats used for Lulu or some other mid and thats it. Masteries differ alot cause I want to build a champ in a specific way, like hybrid AP/AD champs like Warwick, Naut, Maokai, Malph benefit from early damage boost cause they are tanky by nature, but there's no use doing the same with Panth or some other pure AD champ. Same for supp, I can go tank, leech or troll build just by derping with the masteries.

Renegen

Arcane
So I'm spectating Erzherzog's game for shits and giggles, this is what the chat from the enemy team contains:

Teemo: I can spell you **** whore, deprived **** fuck. My father works for Riot hell ban you and take your champions please stop talking I'll ban you on youtube. Sub for more Minecraft.

How's bronze elo going buddy? :troll:

Erzherzog

Magister
That was a match with me and 4 (FOUR!) of my coworkers. For some reason that expect me to play support and carry them. I tried one match as Zyra, who I consider the support most likely to carry, and all I could manage was to draw the game out. 1 match as mid with the same guys and I go 12 1 and 14 and we win in 25 minutes. Why they don't let me mid or jungle I'll never know.

Like I told renegen, one of my coworkers is a colossal fat piece of shit in real life and that directly carries over to league. Can't wait til his fat ass gets kicked out of this job, which since the paperwork is merely being signed at this point, is in about a week.

And I never even saw that Teemo comment because I just started muting people indiscriminately. Never get in a cussing match with a bunch of sailors. We suck at league but we'll make you cry I guess.

EDIT: Had to get a quick ranked match in the rinse out the bad taste of suck. Get Lissandra mid against Oiranna, I'm on my 5th beer or I suck but for whatever reason I am doing an awful job CSing, and end up 20 behind at one point. However I'm maintaining great pressure on her so the enemy jungle keeps trying to gank me, gets a kill at one point but then I get blue and enemy doesnt so I even it out, then my wards detected a half health jax waiting to gank for half health Orianna, my jungler sees this and so full health Liss and Voli flip the script, double kill and turret taken. At this point I'm fed to where I can just Q->W farm and not give a shit about last hit, my roams net more kills than Ori, but she's definitely the star of their team because I did not shut her down hard enough. We win slowly but surely always gaining an objective even if we lose a teamfight. My team was super positive and communicative, never raging at deaths and always complimenting kills, even for our below average Sion top. Game ends and I'm just happy to have played another match with positive people so soon after my last, but Ori is trying to tear me a new one and end of game chat. But I don't give a fuck. She never would have won lane without 3 jungles ganks, which only 1 got a kill. Not my fault me and my jungle were more coordinated and got more for our time. I pull up her match history and shes got a lot of matches she clearly carried. I hope she was a smurf because we kicked her ass. Fuck her.

Last edited:

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Any advices for Sion, my friend loves that champ but hes horrible with him, he tried mid, top, jungle and ap, ad and hybrid builds but no matter what he does its always a disaster. I just tell him not to play him but I feel sorry for him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom