Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You start the baron when their jungler is dead/low on health and/or when you have positional advantage(one guy of the other team pushing botlane or something). Problem even at my elo is that people still lack that type of awereness, and when you call for a baron your adc is stuck doing wolves and top laner goes bot lane to farm more creeps at 35th minute.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
That's exactly what I said, problem is people don't know when to stop baron and just teamfight or leave, leading to the scenario I described.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Once I played jungle J4, our adc and supp gets ambushed and killed while getting red, our top is split pushing at opposite side of the map. Enemy decided to get baron, I decide to steal it. I rush at the baron pit and our mid Elise is coming with me. All five of them attacking baron, I wait for perfect moment, combo my flag and spear at enemy jungler stunning him, my smite kills baron and I flash the fuck out of there. I slowly go to base with a smirk on my face, when I get in the chat OMG REPORT JUNGLER! from Elise. I look wtf why, for some reason she thought im gonna stay there and attack their team so she attacked them when I flashed out.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Once I played jungle J4, our adc and supp gets ambushed and killed while getting red, our top is split pushing at opposite side of the map. Enemy decided to get baron, I decide to steal it. I rush at the baron pit and our mid Elise is coming with me. All five of them attacking baron, I wait for perfect moment, combo my flag and spear at enemy jungler stunning him, my smite kills baron and I flash the fuck out of there. I slowly go to base with a smirk on my face, when I get in the chat OMG REPORT JUNGLER! from Elise. I look wtf why, for some reason she thought im gonna stay there and attack their team so she attacked them when I flashed out.

hahah

On my placement series I got outsmited on baron and my entire team flamed me (obviously). 10 minutes later I outsmite their jungler on baron and we win the game. Shut everybody up at least.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
What do you guys think is the state of elise jungle right now for yolo que? It often feels like I'm doing everything I possibly can right (I'm pretty good with her by now), but that after acquiring an early lead my team fails to cooperate to finish the game fast, such is the nature of lower elo solo que games. As a result, people start getting caught and we start losing our lead and elise's late game isn't abysmal, but it's below average and really not enough to carry a game. I'm thinking I'm better off going back to Udyr or maybe even cheesekong, as he's exactly the opposite of Elise (weak pressure early, great mid and late game with carry potential), but he's pretty damn boring too IMO.

Erzherzog

Magister
Not a fan of her for soloq. I understand she's popular in LCS because she, like Morgana, can spit out stuns from a safe distance that the team can act upon with well coordinated attacks. Plus has a lot of utility for the team. neither of those are as good in lower level play. You need those champions that send very clear NOW IS THE TIME TO DO SHIT messages.

You know...like Vi... :smug:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Oh, just noticed lolking also counts wards. Last game.

FZEuoL7.jpg

So this means I put 1 ward each minute or so, would be less if the game was longer, I think.

Pretty funny about that diamond Lee, he was the worst player in the game by far, ever worse than our top lane AP Shaco. Like he had OCD on his Q, if he hits it, he needs to connect. Every time. Id wait then ERW his ass while others finish him off.
Shaco wanted to troll, but we carried him anyway. Jinx saw him B at low health so she sent a rocket and killed him from across the map. /all chat: plz raport bot lane, not warning about rocket. lol

Renegen

Arcane
What do you guys think is the state of elise jungle right now for yolo que? It often feels like I'm doing everything I possibly can right (I'm pretty good with her by now), but that after acquiring an early lead my team fails to cooperate to finish the game fast, such is the nature of lower elo solo que games. As a result, people start getting caught and we start losing our lead and elise's late game isn't abysmal, but it's below average and really not enough to carry a game. I'm thinking I'm better off going back to Udyr or maybe even cheesekong, as he's exactly the opposite of Elise (weak pressure early, great mid and late game with carry potential), but he's pretty damn boring too IMO.
I used to main Elise and she feels completely different. I'd get a lot of assassination kills before especially if I was ahead. Now you just set things up. She's still viable.. I played against an Elise main that rushed DFG and had a great win rate and Meteos is still really good with her. He was smurfing once with her and he bought the AP jungle item half the time though. I gave up on her, you have to play her a TON to know exactly how to use her in every situation.

edit: I found the Elise main, she has a 68% win rate with her over 180 games with her, holy cow, rarely playing top Elise. And she made it to Plat 5...
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24749741#ranked-stats

Last edited:

Erzherzog

Magister
Has anyone tried out new Skarner yet? Because of projects around the house I literally don't have the time to practice something new to me. All I gots time for is brushing up my support skills because I'm really starting to take a liking to it.

On that note, is Braum still broken?

EDIT: The new match history proves that the reason why I lose is me. Even when I went on a tear of winning 7 out of 8 games, my stats look like ass. I'm in the lower half of warding from jungle/mid, my farm sucks. Bleh.

Skarner is okay, but I'm not playing him because he feels so meh nowdays. He lost a lot of damage but it's easier to deal that damage alone now.

Braum, well if by broken you mean has a chance against Thresh then yes. I don't know what's all the rage about. Braum is balanced IMO.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Braum is such a fag to play against. Even worse than Gragas. Very nasty champ. I played against a good Braum today, god damn I was like 0/8/2 at one point. We still won cause their carrys sucked and couldnt rotate as well, but damn he's nasty.
Slow-poke-poke-poke-stun-death. Repeat. And you cant do shit about it. Rest of the Braums I played were not that good, but this guy had some really good timing and positioning. Really fucked my lane.
I wouldnt say he's broken, but I'll say that is hard to find a counterplay against him.

edit: btw, ranged supports shouldnt have much trouble vs Braum anyway. He needs to get in your face to do anything.

Renegen

Arcane
I love how it said in his champion preview that Zyra was a counter, welp she isn't. That's the biggest problem, he does well against everyone. I think Soraka was the best counter to him, her silence was good harass and outranged him but she got neutered. Maybe Morgana is a decent counter and I bet Annie is too. I need to play Annie again in support but I rarely get the role these days (not that I'm complaining).

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I used to main Elise and she feels completely different. I'd get a lot of assassination kills before especially if I was ahead. Now you just set things up. She's still viable.. I played against an Elise main that rushed DFG and had a great win rate and Meteos is still really good with her. He was smurfing once with her and he bought the AP jungle item half the time though. I gave up on her, you have to play her a TON to know exactly how to use her in every situation.

edit: I found the Elise main, she has a 68% win rate with her over 180 games with her, holy cow, rarely playing top Elise. And she made it to Plat 5...
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24749741#ranked-stats

I've seen people who play her like that, but the thing about Elise is that her ratios aren't that high and her range is really low, which is why people steer away from playing her as a burst mage. I've been using the new ancient golem on her, and it's not half bad, but it feels worse than the old one. With spectral wraith, if you're not ahead, you won't be able to help your team much at all. On a side note, as I get better with her, I'm enjoying outplaying people more and more.

Jozoz

Prophet
Elise is a special case, because while she may appear an AP jungler with an emphasis on damage, she actually transitions into a a supportive role consisting of being tanky fighter with an emphasis on CC and peeling much like Lee Sin.

Lee Sin and Elise are very comparable. They both have insanely strong ganks early on and they both deal ludicrous amounts of damage. They also both kind of suck late game unless you know exactly how to play them. Being useful late in the game along with using the part of the game where you are at your strongest is easily the hardest part about these 2 champions. You have to snowball early leads into objectives, preferably dragon. This is why I like to focus on bot lane.

I'm not sure I like the DFG build on jungle Elise. It might be alright top lane, but on jungle Elise it's hard to get enough gold to warrant it. Especially because you have to get in melee range and preferably stay there for a few seconds which is very hard. Especially if you're squishy. It ends up being a high risk high reward, but it will probably fail most of the time against competent players. Her damage is probably also nerfed too much now.

I think the Ancient Golem / Sorc Shoes build is very good. It's worse now though since you lose the tenacity but I'd still say it' worth it. If you want more damage you can always buy items like Haunting Guise and Abyssal.

Renegen

Arcane
That Elise got the majorty of her high win rate on the post-nerf DFG jungle Elise, it works because the stats are there to prove it. That's what surprised me about the guy, everyone can theorycraft all day but that guy showed a different way of playing her that works. And Meteos in high plat elo was building a lot of AP half the time on Elise. I don't think that saying a jungler is bad unless he has a lot of gold is a valid argument, I am Gosu and WildTurtle play full damage Lee Sin in high diamond 1/Challenger. If you fall off, then play differently so you don't fall off.

It is much harder to play Elise these days true, she has literally the worst win rate out of any jungler. She's so low I gave up on her, but some have still shown an ability to climb with her, and the advantages of high damage Elise is that you always hold control of the game in your hands. Where Elise got hit was her post lvl 3 damage, and it caused a sharp drop in win rate. What it shows is that players drop off very sharply in influence with her since her damage is so much worse than before. They need to build more damage now to remain relevant.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Her damage mid game is now even lower with the common trend of leveling E after Q over W. If you do that, your W will do 0 damage for most of the game.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Soon(tm)

Lost 2 promos for Plat 2 already. I figure, at this pace I should be Diamond in like 6 months or so if I keep spamming Gragas.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Being an EG fan sucks. Every game is the same spiel of "don't worry we definitely got it in the bag this time *wink wink*" followed by crushing defeat. And to even get to this point they got rid of two of the reasons I cared in the first place.

And now Gambit are possibly replacing people too. Only a few other teams to care about as well...

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Soon(tm)

Lost 2 promos for Plat 2 already. I figure, at this pace I should be Diamond in like 6 months or so if I keep spamming Gragas.
I use to love Gragas... but after his changes i feel like i cannot carry with him no matter how fed i am. It sucks hard.
But he's really good as support now tough

Erzherzog

Magister
Being an EG fan sucks. Every game is the same spiel of "don't worry we definitely got it in the bag this time *wink wink*" followed by crushing defeat. And to even get to this point they got rid of two of the reasons I cared in the first place.

And now Gambit are possibly replacing people too. Only a few other teams to care about as well...

To be honest (and to be an asshole), I never liked EG. My favorites in NA LCS are Dignitas and Complexity, so I really have nothing to complain about. I'd love to see Dig just put the season away already but can't complain about consistently being first place. Complexity may just be hitting their stride. They've beaten top level teams several times over. Amazing that they have so much trouble against the other bottom teams. Plus it's amusing watching WestRice simultaneously be a good and a god awful player at the same time.

Definitely not on Nintendude's level though. Heard someone the other day write about how they got queued on his team so he figured it'd be an easy win but said that he was actually awful, how did that guy ever make the LCS? They always made excuses for him so it's hilarious to see Crumbzz mesh so well with Zion and Shiptur and usually do well in addition.

Jozoz

Prophet
fqOTTEI.jpg

REJOICE. FOR ASTRALFOXY'S YOKE IS EASY, HIS BURDEN LIGHT.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom