Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Finally, maybe we'll have decent client in 3 years.

Yeah it'll get released when everybody already interfaces with their computers and it'll be a relic.

I'm getting back to Yorick, so many lategame tops with bad sustain. Offensive masteries for extra jerkery, tell your jungle and mid to all in try to win bot and there's your late game without you even doing anything.

Last edited:

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Played again today for the first time in a few weeks. Squeezed in two Maokai games, one derp pick and one #YOLO-Q. Tree feels good, even if the range nerf on W will take some getting used to. The tree is the first champ I bought with IP, I own every skin for him (except the latest futbol one, enough is enough) and he is by far my favorite champ in this game. Nice to see him get a chance to shine again. I'd also say that the changes to him has made him a better support as well.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPMECpFkmR8&feature=youtu.be

I lol'ed. Song featured on it is pretty cool too: https://soundcloud.com/metaedm/starscream

get on my lvl bros
10463928_685658234841815_9187584138816425725_n.jpg

inb4 huehuehue

Qual teu nick no servidor hu3?

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Just had my very first jungle game :)

ADC, mid, top and support were taken in the first 5 seconds. Since my return to lol (2 years brake, 4:3 screen etc, rarely played anything but Lux) I've been ready to fill, so I was playing a lot of support and top, but this is the first time I was forced to fill jungle. I chose Ev. Never played her before either.

It was an interesting experience. The first clear was kinda wonky because I leveled my w at level 3 and had no jungle runes. It was never an issue since, but still, I'm not going to make this mistake again. The first gank at level 3 or 4 on bot resulted in a double kill for me. Then there was a gank in mid. I got a kill and died getting it. Tried to gank top (Nasus vs Fiora), but it didn't work out. Never got to gank it again since Nasus was pushing.

I had no idea what to build. Since I went for a SotEL I had focused on AD. Tried to get Trinity Force, but since I was dying quite a lot due to some very stupid plays (I was, and still am, drunk) I could never get a sheen and went for the Hydra.

Overall we lost terribly, but I had the highest score (5/6/1) and it was by no means my fault. Tons of fun, something very fresh and unique. It feels like having better communication could make this position the most awesome one in the game. I have a lot to learn.

Ev's awesome.

Jozoz

Prophet
fa880ac73266970c903f6679850b33b9.png

Finally back in the top 10k!!

Now onto Diamond 2 this time instead of going on a huge losing streak when at 90+ lp that ends in a nice demotion to D4.

Last edited:

Erzherzog

Magister
Jvegi Good job man, maybe you'll catch the jungling bug like I did. In season 2 I got stuck jungling a lot so I practiced hard and managed to stay in silver tier then. Much fun. Season 3 I mostly tried to play Draven but a ton of Skarner as well and tried out and loved Xin Zhao right before my deployment. Now I'm back and after a stint of trying to do Lux mid all day, I now actually main jungle where I have by far my biggest champion pool. You'll get hooked if you like strategic thinking over the reflex heavy laning experiences. Though I find as support more people are willing to let me call shots, I assume there's a natural tendency to believe that the support wants whats best for the team since they're not in position to carry.

Jozoz Congrats! You might be the highest ranked person I've discussed the game with.

Having fun in ranked again. Not so scared of it when I only lose 14 LP for loses and gain 24 for wins. Might not be in Silver 5 for long at all. Got a 66% win rate as Lissandra after 18 matches and a 73% win rate as Morgana. My support Karma is getting really good as well. It's all about really being able to sense a good chance for Q's, I pick Karma when I think I can outright harass my opponents out of lane. Practicing Braum a bit so that I can have something quite different from my mage supports.

Kind of sad that my winrate as Vi took a nosedive from the mid 60s otherwise I'd say for certain she's my number 1 jungler. Right now I pick Fiddlesticks conditions permitting. And I haven't even tested out any tanky jungles even though a lot have seen winrates skyrocket.

Last edited:

Erzherzog

Magister
Forget that 60 minute game I told you about. complexity and curse just had an 80 minute game. EIGHTY.

Complexity finally wins after initiating a fight so that their ADC could rush the base turrets. Absolutely nuts.

RobertxLee ended up with 719 CS!

Jozoz

Prophet
Nothing is worse than playing your last game of promos and then getting matched up with a guy running a Xerath script.

Riot should REALLY do something about this. This should come before any visual upgrades etc. Riot should really be more like Valve in this aspect.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Farage, I added you (Sokomo Kudemasho)

I saw that game Erzherzog, was pretty boring though (aside from the Xpekcial finish), even the casters were poking fun at how nothing was happening at all.

Jozoz, what's a Xerath script?

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
There are scripts for a bunch of champions, most notoriously Cassiopeia, that pretty much makes your spell casts perfect. It's apparently becoming a bigger problem at all Elos.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It was nice to see C9 doing great all around again. Finally some good action and no underachieving by Balls and Hai. I hope to see even better games from those guys.

It's fun to follow one team consistently. Even when they don't deserve it. Perhaps now they will.

Jozoz

Prophet
Farage, I added you (Sokomo Kudemasho)

I saw that game Erzherzog, was pretty boring though (aside from the Xpekcial finish), even the casters were poking fun at how nothing was happening at all.

Jozoz, what's a Xerath script?

It's a program that aims skillshots for you. It does it perfectly. For example on Xerath all the 3 ults hit instantly.

This is the guy:
http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=dr+grov

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
So, what are you supposed to pick.versus Jax? Went Malphite earlier today and felt that I didn't do much to stop him in lane. Likely just me being bad though. We still won the match though since Malphite, Oriana and Lulu makes for good wombo combos.

Erzherzog

Magister
Picking Irelia into Jax is asking to get buttfucked.

Ryze has worked for me, actually he's really strong against a lot of top laners right now and he scales well into late game. He's actually my first top laner I've gotten decent with.

Jozoz

Prophet
Renekton does very well against Jax, especially after his nerfs.

Rumble is probably good too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom