Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So how's Darghul coming along?

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
Well, there isn't much to post. After leaving Berlin, I've resumed my work, and I'm still working on DARGHUL. I'll post as soon as there's something worth posting...

Wolf Mittag

Developer
Gold wrote:
Trash wrote:
So, how's the progress on Darghul going?

Hi, and sorry for my delayed reply.
But there isn't much to say yet, anyway. I'm chipping steadily away at my to-do list, killing lots of bugs, completing not-yet-completed functions, and so on. Results look quite good and I think the game is fun. But it'll still take a while.

Macadaciouse wrote:
How's China, Wolf?

Shanghai is, in my opinion, the greatest, most spectacular and most dynamic city on earth (and it's actually quite beautiful, at least if one likes tall buildings); it's very civilized, clean, prosperous, and safe; yet still very affordable, with superb food, good shopping, and all kinds of entertainment everywhere; Shanghaiese women are usually gorgeous and refined, yet sweet and real fun to be with; and all in all it's impossible not to have an immensely good time over here.

ecliptic

Liturgist
Glad to hear it Wolf, sometimes a change of scenery can do wonders! :) Bes of luck in your development efforts, can't wait for Darghul!!

getter77

Augur
Indeed! Keep at it while taking time to enjoy the nicer bits of life that come your way.

Nickos

Novice
Looking at the current state of things i guess Darghul 2 will end like Duke Nukem Forever... :x

Nemolus

Novice
News?

Hi Wolf,

something new about Darghul? Screenshots? Release Date? Demo? Short Gameplay Video? (Would be wonderful) :lol:

Greets

Nemolus :roll:

Wolf Mittag

Developer
Well, admittedly my progress has been slowed down a bit over the past two months. But that's not my fault! :)

Whenever I got a free minute, I still keep working steadily on DARGHUL. I will absolutely, with 100.00% certainty, complete it.

(And yeah, I really need to finally release a beta some day soon...)

Wolf Mittag

Developer
I agree; I think life is short and should be enjoyed.

Nonetheless, of course this game will be finished.

In Shanghai I was pretty busy, and didn't get that much work done. But now that I'm in Kuala Lumpur for a while, I'll have much more time for working on DARGHUL...

Snall Trippin

Novice
Yeah, I just got back into playing Teudogar again and think Darghul could be quite good..sadly I'm following a lot of good looking, slow, indie projects.

Nemolus

Novice
News?

Hi,

is there something new about Darghul? Can we hope to find the game under the christmas tree? :D

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Hey Wolf....

I want my Darghul and Teudogar 2 already.

I think he has forgotten about us.

Fez

Erudite
There are enough German Codexians to hunt him down if he tries to escape without completing his games.

Jora

Arcane
Fez said:
There are enough German Codexians to hunt him down if he tries to escape without completing his games.
But how many of them are stationed in Asia? We might need CIA help.

Fez

Erudite
Jora said:
Fez said:
But how many of them are stationed in Asia? We might need CIA help.

We can use the "Plane Tickets Bitch!" fund to ship them out.

Wolf Mittag

Developer
Ok, ok! No need to hunt me. I will do my duty. :)

Sorry for both my delayed reply and the snail-like speed of development progress. By now I'm back to Shanghai, and still working about 2 hours per day on DARGHUL.

Obviously, my main New Year's resolution is to finally complete DARGHUL. And in spite of everything else I have to do, I will definitively do so this year (this time, really; seriously).

Jora

Arcane
Yeah, take your time as long as you keep us reassured and post about all the awesome features you're implementing. :)

Happy New Year!

yolesaber

Novice
It will be more than worth the wait. I still break out Teudogar every now and then.

Happy new years to you as well and good luck

ecliptic

Liturgist
Seriously, it just heartens me to know it's not vaporware. Any progress is progress. Real life can be a bitch, heh. Best of luck in 2010!

Vistaer

Novice
Glad to hear it's still coming along.

I think I originally hoped to play this before Oblivion came out. I still patiently wait, because I can't wait to see the end result :)

Edit: Holy crap. I just realized that was over 4 years ago. Wow does time fly :)

LaFey

Novice
:D Yeah Wolf - I really enjoyed Teudogar (great history lesson) - so make sure you finish Dhargul.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom