Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So how's Darghul coming along?

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
So have we decided that Wolf has gone kaput?

Nemolus

Novice
Techdemo

Kaput? He released the Darghul Techdemo yesterday, didn´t you noticed that?
You can download it here: LINK

April Greets!

Nemolus!

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Me too, and the demo is beyond me, since I am a kwaizian and I can't read German. Don't make me buy another copy of Teudogar since I would rather buy a copy of Darghul. (I lost my CD years ago and I have moved to a new computer twice.)

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
Ok, I admit I'm the slowest games developer on earth. I'm actually awful, and quite ashamed of my performance, too.

I'm really sorry. : - (

And I'm sorry for not posting anything for so long, as well.

But I got a bit distracted in Bangkok, and had too much work in Hong Kong, and here in Shanghai there's my gf as well as lots of business to attend to.

Unfortunately (from a game developer's point of view), everything is so cheap over here that there's not much financial incentive to work.
And the price difference between goods/services over here and in Europe is so huge that it's easy to make money by buying and exporting all sorts of things (which in turn is far less work than programming).

Yet I kept working on DARGHUL nonetheless. Over the past weeks, I implemented Windows 7 support (incl the 64 bit version), improved setup/uninstall, mp3 music, flexible screen resolutions, 16 or 32 bit color modes, both full screen and windowed mode, support for wide screens (see more game world), and lots of improvements to game engine, user interface, game world etc.

I'm continuing to work at least 2 hours per day on DARGHUL, and will sooner or later at least release a playable Alpha version. And regardless of whatever may happen, I will definitively fully complete and finally release the game!

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Wolf, please don't pull a Cleve on us. I finally downloaded a demo from Teudogar, and It's awesome. We need you to finish Darghul!

Fez

Erudite
Teudogar was too good for us to miss out on a second game from you, Wolf.

You'll just have to live somewhere more expensive next so you'll feel the cracking whip of an empty wallet often enough to motivate you. ;)

getter77

Augur
Great to see you still at it Wolf, especially like that Window 7 64 support has come along. Keep up the good work!

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
Well, no news really. Still progressing slowly but steadily, and will keep working til it's complete.

Sorry for my long silence. During a month in Australia I didn't have Internet access most of the time. (Very weird country; beautiful Nature, though.) Now finally back to Asia, and after some relaxing in Thailand and some business in Hong Kong, I'm now back home in Shanghai, and am once again fully dedicating myself to finishing DARGHUL...

Win64 works fine. Also added flexible screen resolutions and support for different color modes, as well as full screen or windowed mode; system is pretty flexible now; though still a good deal of code to change or rewrite. Meanwhile, all the real RPG stuff as well as trade system etc work quite nicely, too. Currently mainly working my way through the long list of minor ToDo's, NotYetComplete's, and remaining Bugs. Will still take long to get everything done, but in the end, it will be.

Adam P

Augur
It is good to see you are still chugging. I admire your dedication to the project. Still eagerly anticipating the first glimpse of the game.

soggie

Educated
Release it already. :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom