Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So I just bought Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum off Steam

Cynic

Arcane
Would be great if someone made a mod for the Shandra thing.

Deleted member 7219

What happened to Shandra annoyed the hell out of me because it was so unnecessary. You SHOULD have been able to affect what happened.

Deleted member 7219

Whatever happened to her, the player should have had more choice. That isn't really a spoiler is it?

Cynic

Arcane
Hey hey, don't ruin shit for me! The Deathknight does not approve of spoilers when he gives a shit about a game, which is of course very rare, so don't spoil shit!

Does the game amp up the difficulty now that I have an extra party member cuz shit, it was pretty easy already even on Hardcore.

sser

Arcane
Developer
My 6 Barb/2 Bard is noticeably bad, but ah well. The Druid is more or less carrying my crew from the background right now. Seriously, what can the Druid not do?

Cynic

Arcane
sser said:
My 6 Barb/2 Bard is noticeably bad, but ah well. The Druid is more or less carrying my crew from the background right now. Seriously, what can the Druid not do?

She's pretty strong but I hate the goody two shoes nature of Druids, they are basically hippies who aren't cool enough to smoke weed, and without the weed, what the fuck is the point of being a hippy.

Why couldn't there have been a dark druid who like, pushes the earth to it's limit to kill and maim where she sees fit, because she's vengeful against people fucking up the earth all the time. Make it interesting ffs.

Cynic

Arcane
Yeah that is wicked. Sadly, I don't have the time to do that kind of stuff...someone do it for me?

It would have been great to have a fully scripted proper NPC that was that cool. Bishop comes close I guess. Evil Ranger is not very typical so he's quite refreshing.

Cynic

Arcane
Is there some mod where you can in game edit your character and respec them or something like that?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The pace picks up considerably in act 2. It's shorter than act 1, but there's much less faffing about.

Also, the game really doesn't increase in difficulty until a certain enemy introduced late in act 2 (IIRC).

If you really hate elanee (I don't blame you), there's a really fun scene involving her toward the end of the game, and you get to make some interesting choices involving her. You'll know it when you get there.

And if you don't want to know what happens, don't read the spoilers.

Personally I kind of liked everything they did with Shandra. She was interesting as a fish out of water character. And if the scene being discussed earlier ended any other way then it wouldn't be nearly as effective and people would probably take a different solution than the one presented every time.

This thread inspired me to play through the OC again. I discovered a console command "showcomments" that shows all the developer comments in dialog and everything else. That includes the vocal direction, which they have even for many characters who aren't voiced, as well as notes for the scripters.

Cynic

Arcane
Xor said:
I discovered a console command "showcomments" that shows all the developer comments in dialog and everything else. That includes the vocal direction, which they have even for many characters who aren't voiced, as well as notes for the scripters.

That's pretty cool, might check that out. Cool that you're inspired. I think it's a pretty awesome game honestly, not sure why so much hate was there for the OC. Sure, it's lame at the start and some companions are fucktards but I can deal with it because the experience overall is pretty fun. Story is picking up as well. You are actually wondering what the fuck is going to happen next. It's quite refreshing when compared to Biofail.

But I think on a low performing PC it would be close to unplayable. I'm already raging on my laptop since I've had to switch over. It really is shit for a game that came out so long ago to be such a huge weight on a modern PC, even a laptop and as far as laptops go mine is not bad at all. Maybe it's just a Nvidia vs ATI thing.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I wouldn't really recommend reading the comments for your first playthrough; although I can't think of any specific instances of it there might be some spoilers in them. Also it makes the regular text much harder to read. I've already played through the OC a few times though (not quite 7 yet, but I'm working on it), so I generally know what everyone is going to say and I don't mind the extra text.

Gord

Arcane
Cynic said:
sser said:

She's pretty strong but I hate the goody two shoes nature of Druids, they are basically hippies who aren't cool enough to smoke weed, and without the weed, what the fuck is the point of being a hippy.

Why couldn't there have been a dark druid who like, pushes the earth to it's limit to kill and maim where she sees fit, because she's vengeful against people fucking up the earth all the time. Make it interesting ffs.

They should lean more towards true neutral alignent, I guess. In the end most seem to end up more towards neutral good.
Give them a bit more of a survival-of-the-fittest, natural selection and guardian of nature attitude.

Cynic

Arcane
Doesn't dnd have an alignment requirement for Druids? At least I think 2nd edition did, that's when I stopped...

Razz

Educated
My main problem with NWN2 OC wasn't one that I usually see mentioned on the Codex, probably because most people quit playing along the way somewhere. It started off slow but Act 1 was overall OK. Act 2 got very interesting in points and I had a lot of fun with that, it's the real meat of the game. Act 3 however is one of the biggest rush-jobs I've ever encountered in a game, it was shameful. They clearly ran out of budget/time at that point and a lot of the planned stuff got cut.

(Not really spoilers per se but don't want to give any hints)
The worst thing is that they resolve a lot of the most important story ends with one of the lamest plot devices I've ever seen, the "big open space". Brave hero, go to "big open space" and there you will find the next step in your quest. Very coincidentally we just encountered your mortal enemy walking across a big open space, we suggest you go and slay him. Etc.
It was a shame, too, as I was quite enjoying it till that point.

Gord

Arcane
Cynic said:
Doesn't dnd have an alignment requirement for Druids? At least I think 2nd edition did, that's when I stopped...

I thought they have to be neutral-something, anything should be fine as long as it is including neutral?

@Razz:

It may be a bit rushed towards the end (unfortunately a lot of games are), but I don't get what you want to say with your spoiler part here.

Personally I thought the trial had both some of the best and one of the worst scenes of the game. The whole build-up and the trial itself is great, but the outcome sucks. At least if you did REALLY well, you should be able to avoid Lorne.

Deleted member 7219

I've got to say that if you really want to avoid spoilers you should just play the game. When Fallout: New Vegas came out I avoided this place like the plague in case I read something that ruined it for me.

Cynic

Arcane
My char is a wizard / fighter / eldritch, maybe because I am a wizard, Sand seems kind of pointless especially since his spells suck bad.

Gord

Arcane
First time I played a sorcerer and used Sand mostly for crafting, although I think he's missing a few spells that might be useful for that.

Xor

Arcane
You can supply sand with scrolls to improve his spell selection easily enough; that's one huge advantage wizards have over sorcerers. There are plenty of merchants that sell scrolls and they drop often enough anyway.

Gord

Arcane
Yes, you can, but his school of magic prevents him from using spells from the opposite school, so he will never be able to learn some spells.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom