Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Some Witcher 2 Newsbits

Stalin

Scholar
Geralt looks like a fucking Jew with that massive nose

BelisariuS.F

Augur
Darth Roxor said:
He looks like Harrison Ford with extreme constipation
Stalin said:

In the game there is a character that shouts "Emo!" when he sees Geralt, which is a reference to the complains about Geralt's previous look. Now they should add characters that shout "Harrison Ford with extreme constipation!" and "fucking Jew!".

ortucis

Prophet
.Sigurd said:
Is this an ingame image or an artwork? :o

Tactical_Fight_Against_A_Tough_Opponent.jpg

In-game. You can see jagged edges on the models (like arrows).

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Mrowak said:
201104051457405.jpg

Sweet Mother of Mercy on Rollerblades. :shock:

Can my comp really run it? It seems so, but it doesn't LOOK like that.

I don't understand why everybody is so obsessed with stupid fantasy shit when realistic weapons look so gorgeous.

Stalin

Scholar
BelisariuS.F said:
Darth Roxor said:
Stalin said:

In the game there is a character that shouts "Emo!" when he sees Geralt, which is a reference to the complains about Geralt's previous look. Now they should add characters that shout "Harrison Ford with extreme constipation!" and "fucking Jew!".
But but but H.Ford IS a fucking jew

ortucis

Prophet
Lyric Suite said:
I don't understand why everybody is so obsessed with stupid fantasy shit when realistic weapons look so gorgeous.

That's why I loved the graphics in DA Origins. I hated the blurry textures but weapons and most armors looked great and clunky like you'd expect them to. But everyone says DA:O graphics suck so I guess it's just me. :P

With fantasy weapons you can also switch to resource friendly art style like DA2 did (or like every Blizzard game). It's a good thing for consoles, which is what the primary platform is for most devs.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
ortucis said:
Lyric Suite said:

That's why I loved the graphics in DA Origins. I hated the blurry textures but weapons and most armors looked great and clunky like you'd expect them to. But everyone says DA:O graphics suck so I guess it's just me. :P

7028.jpg

Come again?

ortucis said:
With fantasy weapons you can also switch to resource friendly art style like DA2 did (or like every Blizzard game). It's a good thing for consoles, which is what the primary platform is for most devs.

I hate you. Just die.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Stalin said:
BelisariuS.F said:
Darth Roxor said:
Stalin said:

He is part-Irish. This seems to be a pretty common combination, for whatever reason. I guess back in the day when white people were all racist and shit people of German or English ancestry were off limit and Jews could only fuck the Irish.

ortucis

Prophet
Lyric Suite said:
ortucis said:
Lyric Suite said:

7028.jpg

Come again?

What did you just close your eyes for the rest of the game? Cause there were more than just one weapon and most of them similar to real world weapons/armors.

I just finished Awakening and it's still ten times better than sitting through DA2. Anyone calling DA:O graphics ugly is a tard.

EDIT: Actually just loaded up a old savegame for a quick shot of the armors/weapons on characters..

zNDyl.jpg

Oh god, the horror. :roll:

Stalin

Scholar
Lyric Suite said:
Stalin said:
BelisariuS.F said:
Darth Roxor said:
Stalin said:

He is part-Irish. This seems to be a pretty common combination, for whatever reason. I guess back in the day when white people were all racist and shit people of German or English ancestry were off limit and Jews could only fuck the Irish.
Jewish mother = 100% Zyklon B addict and future bar of soap

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Multi-headed Cow said:
MapMan said:
xemous said:
anyone know what drm they're using on the boxed version.

One time activation (using internet connection) after installation. Tomasz Gop said they won't leave it like that and it will prolly end up like previous witcher (patch that removes drm).
Wonder why they even bother with that, since the GoG version will apparently be DRM free. I guess to theoretically slow day 0 piracy, then throw the gates open on day 1?

They're trying to market GoG.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
ortucis said:
EDIT: Actually just loaded up a old savegame for a quick shot of the armors/weapons on characters..

zNDyl.jpg

All i see is retarded fantasy shit. Are you fucking stupid?

ortucis said:
What did you just close your eyes for the rest of the game?

I actually never played the game. Unlike most Codex faggots, i'm not an hypocrite. If i see a game is shit, i just won't play it. That's how true monocle people roll.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Stalin said:
Jewish mother = 100% Zyklon B addict and future bar of soap

Yeah, but that's according to Jewish custom, and quite frankly, who gives a shit about that? The Nazis surely wouldn't have.

ortucis

Prophet
Lyric Suite said:
All i see is retarded fantasy shit. Are you fucking stupid?

ortucis said:
What did you just close your eyes for the rest of the game?

I actually never played the game. Unlike most Codex faggots, i'm not an hypocrite. If i see a game is shit, i just won't play it. That's how true monocle people roll.

:lol:

You are a true codexian then. I play everything with functioning bloom in it.

Data4

Arcane
I'm really looking forward to this. I'm playing through the first one and am farther along than the first time I played. I love the little side quests, like the one I just did for Dandelion. He was caught in the buff with a merchant's daughter by the girl's father, and in his haste to get away, forgot his prized lute. So, like the player I am, I went over to the merchant's house, slapped the guy around, went upstairs, fucked the girl, and retrieved the lute.

fuck-yea-man_design.png

Felix

Arcane
Jaesun said:
No one has an issue with:

Game supports Xbox 360 controller for Windows.

trollface

As if the Witcher's controls are that complex......I will play this game with that controller, sue me :M

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
ortucis said:
Lyric Suite said:
ortucis said:
Lyric Suite said:

7028.jpg

Come again?

What did you just close your eyes for the rest of the game? Cause there were more than just one weapon and most of them similar to real world weapons/armors.

I just finished Awakening and it's still ten times better than sitting through DA2. Anyone calling DA:O graphics ugly is a tard.

zNDyl.jpg

Sorry to break it to you dude, but as much as I enjoy bickering with Lyric Suite I think in this case he is 100% right. The armour and weapon design in DA games is simply godawful - clearly inspired by the retarded anime 'culture'. You just know that the people designing it didn't bother researching the issue at all - they just followed the philosophy of 'awesome' and shoved everything they could come up with. As a result you get characters looking 'kewl' and absolutely retarded. I am sorry to say, but the screenshot you provided only reinforces my stance.

In comparison - the weapon and armour design in original Twitcher bitchslaps DA:O (and DA2 - that's no achievement really) time and time again, Yes there are fewer weapons and armour, but those you get feel special, unique, realistic. And they are beautiful.

Have a look:

weapons_gvalchir.png
weapons_meteorite_sword_vertical.png
weapons_rune_sword_vertical.png

Beauty, simplicity with few traces of overembelishment. Even the dwarven sihill with all the runes and all that looks like the a weapon, not a glowing baton. Actually it looks like a sword crafted for a noble who needed blade both murderous and classy to match his prestige - that actually happened IRL.

DA:O weapons are lame and uninspired with their design taken form the developers arse.

Bigot_

Novice
dat bow

also since when did you people start caring about art style or graphics

I'm willing to bet at least 4/5 of you are closet weeaboos anyway

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Mrowak said:
Sweet Mother of Mercy on Rollerblades. :shock:

Can my comp really run it? It seems so, but it doesn't LOOK like that.
Looks cool, but nothing revolutionary, and its still DX9.
We're just too accustomed to crappy graphics from badly optimized console ports, which are all basically 5+ years old crap with (sometimes) better textures and a few modern effects which are barely noticeable due to crappy models, locations, engine and design.
We won't even know what modern pc hardware is capable of until we get the next crysis (not the consolized shit like crysis 2).

BelisariuS.F said:
Darth Roxor said:
Stalin said:

Wouldn't 'fucking elf' be the translation in that setting?

[/deliberately misses the point of the conversation, and takes it seriously] They do mistrust him as a non-human. That point needed to be made stronger in the first game - he actually does specifically say at several points that he, like the elves and dwarves, is a non-human, but players natural tendencies towards self-identification and his human appearance/origins cause them to brush over that. The fact that Geralt is a non-human and hence would be initially inclined to help the elves is balanced out by the fact that the first genuine 'good-guy' character you meet and just about the only straight-out hero in the game, is one of the templars. Without Geralt's non-humanness taken into account, that swung a lot of players over to the human side, I suspect more than the developers intended. I haven't read the books, but from what I could gather from the game, the human purists would see Geralt as an outsider, and a worse abomination than the elves/dwarves, except that he happens to be useful to them.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
ortucis said:

zNDyl.jpg

Way to defeat your own point. Look at that bow.

Lesifoere said:
ortucis said:

zNDyl.jpg

Way to defeat your own point. Look at that bow.

I had to triple-check the name of the poster, because I couldn't believe that the guy arguing in favour of DA:O's weapons/armour would post a screenshot that makes them look that bad.

Azrael the cat said:
BelisariuS.F said:
Darth Roxor said:
Stalin said:

Wouldn't 'fucking elf' be the translation in that setting?

[/deliberately misses the point of the conversation, and takes it seriously] They do mistrust him as a non-human. That point needed to be made stronger in the first game - he actually does specifically say at several points that he, like the elves and dwarves, is a non-human, but players natural tendencies towards self-identification and his human appearance/origins cause them to brush over that. The fact that Geralt is a non-human and hence would be initially inclined to help the elves is balanced out by the fact that the first genuine 'good-guy' character you meet and just about the only straight-out hero in the game, is one of the templars. Without Geralt's non-humanness taken into account, that swung a lot of players over to the human side, I suspect more than the developers intended. I haven't read the books, but from what I could gather from the game, the human purists would see Geralt as an outsider, and a worse abomination than the elves/dwarves, except that he happens to be useful to them.

Yes you are correct. The Witcher is seen as a mutant by humans and treated with hate, fear and distrust except for the moments when he is needed to get rid of monster which is too dangerous for local militia to handle. At the same time non-humans tend to see him as human so he isn't liked by either side. Also in books he knows about this and tries to stay away from human conflicts.
If you wanted to stay true to books the real Geralt would choose neutrality sometimes hopelessly trying to stay out of big mess only to land in even bigger shit because of that.

This also might lay as a reason why Polish gamers consider TW1 as one of the best games ever made since developers caught the dillemas of Geralt from the book absolutly perfectly while for westerner who didn't read the books those choises don't have same impact.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom