Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soul Axiom

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Fairly new first-person adventure game that looks interesting. It's on Steam and consoles I believe. Here's a review I found which seems pretty well-presented:

Anyone here played it?

V_K

Arcane
Reviews seem to be in agreement that the puzzles are very easy. Coming from mainstream press, that's doesn't bode well for the game.

DarkForestCrow

Literate
I like the style of this game. Probably because those hands remind me of Bioshock which I love.
:negative: - this made me laugh

Calthaer

Educated
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I just finished this game this past weekend. The observation that the puzzles are not hard is correct - they can all be figured out without too much effort. The primary challenge in the game is in exploration - once you find what you need to solve the puzzle, the solution becomes obvious...the challenge comes in finding it. It's never quite as bad as "pixel hunting" and there was really only one item that I thought was hidden in a way that wasn't quite fair (way harder than everything else, and in an area where lots of things were obscured by leaves - so it was easy to think you just didn't look hard enough rather than that you weren't looking quite correctly). The hardest things to find are the items which reveal part of the story - but those are the real reason for playing the game, so while these are optional I'm not sure why you wouldn't engage and try to find all of them.

I found the story interesting, compelling - you wanted to solve the puzzles so that you could unravel the next part of the mystery. There is clearly something going on in the game - you're not sure what, exactly, or how you fit in to it...and they throw in several "red herrings" to throw you off the scent and which only become clear near the end.

The game isn't available any longer except in its "Rebooted" or "Remastered" version, where I hear they have changed the order / presentation of the story elements. I played the original and liked it a lot - would recommend it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom