Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Space Siege Bores More Reviewers

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Space Siege

<b><a href="http://www.spacesiege.com/spacesiege/index.php">Space Siege</a></b>, the Hellgate: London of 2008, has been getting disappointing reviews right and left. Up next is <a href="http://www.crispygamer.com/gamereviews/2008-08-26/space-siege-pc.aspx">Crispy Gamer</a> with a score of "fry it".
<br>
<blockquote>In fact, so much is made of the struggle between cybernetic enhancements and true humanity that I can't help but suspect that part of the game is missing, that someone somewhere ran out of time. This missing center of the game only draws attention to how pedestrian the rest of Space Siege is. You ride a subway to a new location and kill more aliens. You ride an elevator, activate an item and wait for your new orders. The sense of disappointment wouldn't be so acute it Space Siege's developers hadn't spent months talking about the dramatic choices you would have to make in their story. The plot and some items point to this concept being central to the original design, but all we get in the end are corridors of nasties that need to be cleansed.</blockquote>
<br>
Other reviews to check out are <a href="http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=220336">Eurogamer</a> (5/10), <a href="http://www.trustedreviews.com/gaming/review/2008/08/27/Space-Seige/p1">TrustedReviews</a> (4/10), and <a href="http://www.giantbomb.com/space-siege/61-20612/reviews/">Giant Bomb</a> with a slightly more positive 3 out of 5 stars.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
baby arm said:
all we get in the end are corridors of nasties that need to be cleansed.
Oh the humanity!

Hmm... Maybe that's it? The whole "what does it mean to be human" is actually derived from the meaning you get wandering around looking for the missing moral choices. Chris Taylor truly is a geenyus.

Mantiis

Cipher
I youtubed the endings - glad i didnt finish that game for those crappy endings.

It got dull really really quickly.

MetalCraze

Arcane
That's what you get for not spending $20 mln to bribe journalists and get you some serious hype so even teddy bears tearing up ass and leg will seem like heavan to retards.

I usually hate "professional" reviewers, but with Space Siege... I actually feel sorry for them.

J1M

Arcane
Carrie Underwood said:
I usually hate "professional" reviewers, but with Space Siege... I actually feel sorry for them.
Yeah, that job sounds way worse than cleaning toilets or fighting in the army. :roll:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
J1M said:
Carrie Underwood said:
Yeah, that job sounds way worse than cleaning toilets or fighting in the army. :roll:
Yeah, fighting in the army and cleaning toilets sounds way worse than being beaten and raped. :roll:

DarkUnderlord said:
J1M said:
Carrie Underwood said:
Yeah, fighting in the army and cleaning toilets sounds way worse than being beaten and raped. :roll:
Yeah, being beaten and raped sounds way worse than slowly having your throat cut inch by inch over days. :roll:

sportforredneck said:
DarkUnderlord said:
J1M said:
Carrie Underwood said:
Yeah, being beaten and raped sounds way worse than slowly having your throat cut inch by inch over days. :roll:

Yeah slowly having your throat cut inch by inch over days sounds way worse than having Achey Breaky Heart stuck in your head 24/7. :roll:

Callaxes

Arbiter
Edward_R_Murrow said:
sportforredneck said:
DarkUnderlord said:
J1M said:
Carrie Underwood said:

Yeah slowly having your throat cut inch by inch over days sounds way worse than having Achey Breaky Heart stuck in your head 24/7. :roll:

Yeah, having Achey Breaky Heart stuck in your head 24/7 sounds way worse than having to sit through a school play of Othello, preformed by 2nd graders. Three times a day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom