Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpellForce 3 Reforced + Soul Harvest & Fallen God standalone expansions

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Everlight
Blueprint: Increase workforce (Elves)
New (I think, at least no data on wiki) two-handed sword Claymore of Inevitability Str 6 dex 4 Damage type: Pure
Search continues...
It's this one, I think I found adamantine in the orc territory though.
Adamantine? Shit, I very carefully inspected everything here yet apparently missed this item. Can you describe location more precise?

Parabalus

Arcane
Adamantine? Shit, I very carefully inspected everything here yet apparently missed this item. Can you describe location more precise?

It might have been in Mulandir as well, not 100% sure. It's
  • Reinforced Adamantinum
for the next upgrade.

Also didn't find the dwarf coin in Farlorn's Hope.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Transference flat out doesn't work, at least when Yria casts it. It channels and takes focus, but it doesn't give it to the target. And yeah, Mulandir has been changed, that was one of the big selling points when they advertised this thing.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The conversation with Alistair when escaping from prison that allows you to peacefully resolve it doesn't work, it cuts out in the middle and you are forced to use the other conversation option that leads to violence. There are quite a lot of bugs, lol.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Everlight continues
Pride of Northander - Padding bought from vendor, not corpse in hideout.
Blueprint: Shrine of Thorns - Cost Reduction (Elves), Elven Stoneworks - Cost Reduction
To be continued....
The conversation with Alistair when escaping from prison that allows you to peacefully resolve it doesn't work, it cuts out in the middle and you are forced to use the other conversation option that leads to violence. There are quite a lot of bugs, lol.
Dunno, it worked fine for me, I freed prisoners and left Dick to die through dialogue and then snack through Greyfell without killing guards. After that I talked with Alistair and peacefully escaped.

Parabalus

Arcane
Everlight continues
Pride of Northander - Padding bought from vendor, not corpse in hideout.
Blueprint: Shrine of Thorns - Cost Reduction (Elves), Elven Stoneworks - Cost Reduction
To be continued....
Dunno, it worked fine for me, I freed prisoners and left Dick to die through dialogue and then snack through Greyfell without killing guards. After that I talked with Alistair and peacefully escaped.

What did you choose in Liannon Lacrymas?

Sounds like C&C.

For me Dick lived and just attacked him.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I don't have Dick with me. Someone on Discord is telling me I should've told Anselm I refuse to neutralize the village. Which is weird because last time I played I could tell Anselm I'd do it and still get the peaceful option with Alistair.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
I don't have Dick with me. Someone on Discord is telling me I should've told Anselm I refuse to neutralize the village. Which is weird because last time played I could tell Anselm I'd do it and still get the peaceful option with Alistair.

Sounds like they fixed a Legacy version bug then.

Lacrymas

Arcane
That's what they told me on Discord, but it's very weird because nothing points to that being the reason you can't convince him. The conversation just ends as if Alistair is supposed to say something but doesn't and it looks like a bug. It's doubly trippy because you could do this in Legacy and nothing makes it seem like a bug.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Those quest markers (for the optional quests that don't go away) are indescribably decline, though.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Guardian grace apparently now gathered from pieces, just as majority artifacts. In place of old shrine there circle with 4 bowls, which work some weird way. For example: before The World Within these bowls tried to gas my party no mater which was activated first and after part of side quest in mines - you can light up north bowl and skeleton boss awakens. After battle skeleton drops: Guardian's Grace - Bottom Plate.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
Did you get the agitated Merchant to appear normally in Everlight?

Seems like they added an extra quest in Farlorn's for him, which I did, but can't find him now.

Moved to Mulandir, nice.

Last edited:

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Did you get the agitated Merchant to appear normally in Everlight?

Seems like they added an extra quest in Farlorn's for him, which I did, but can't find him now.

Moved to Mulandir, nice.
Sorry, I was able to be on PC only for short period of time ( and soon I will leave again), wasn't able to answer, but I searched for merchant too and thought my game bugged again (last time when I played merchant was stuck in Iskander Wilds) It's good that devs moved merchant in Mulandir.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Transference not working really limits the power of my avatar. I'm doing a melee + black magic build where I sacrifice undead for extra healing with Nor's Kiss, but since I've dumped intelligence and Transference doesn't work it's really janky and unreliable. Let's hope they fix it soon. Melee + black magic is what I used in the expansions in Spellforce 1 now that I think about it. I really do have a type, huh.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
(Humans) Frontier Post - Cost reduction
(Humans) Farm: Cost reduction.
These blueprints was found by me either in Everlight (probably sewers) or Mulandir. Sorry for wague information, I was in a hurry.

Lacrymas bug there or not, but your way of healing seems weirdly inefficient in average combat situation. I mean, why you summon something only to kill, if there minimum 3 companions who can cast blessing and among them is Undergast with Paradox spell?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Nor's Kiss targets random allies, so it kills undead only in "RPG situations". I only have Yria with me atm.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Foot of Barga Gor:
Orcish Hunter - Cost Reduction
Blueprint: Fight of the Cal (I) (Orcs) - increased attack power
Blueprint: Zarach's Steel (I) (Orcs) - all orc units aside goblins more resistant.
Blueprint: Scoundrel: Strength in Numbers (Orcs) - scoundrels recruited in packs of three.
Orcish Wargrider - Cost reduction
Artifacts hasn't changed on this location in first visit, atleast I think so.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Leafshade:
(Humans) Scouting Post: Cost Reduction
(Elves) Shrine of Growth: Cost Reduction
Elven Guardian - Cost Reduction
Green Coast:
Human Infantryman - Cost Reduction
About artifacts - on wiki already updated info on Leafshade page, at least I wasn't able to find anything new.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The tough orc boss in Farlonsheim (Kar'Goth?) goes out of the main base with his troops and isn't as annoying to kill this time around. Is there a set bonus to carrying both of his items? They are blue, yet don't give extra stats/effects on their own. The mission itself is muuuuuch easier and that's due to crossbowmen imo. Arsonists in Legacy were quite bad and didn't have the range of the crossbowmen, but they compensated with coolness factor. The orcs only fielded goblins and their own heroes, but goblins are very weak and even a huge amount of them can't take down a small band of our fighters. White magic is basically a must, though. I can't imagine building Yria as a ranged DPS, the missions would be so much harder and more annoying. The RTS part is a bit cleaner now and not as chaotic, but it still incentivizes you to go with AoE damage on your heroes which wasn't necessarily the case in Spellforce 1. I understand now how clever WC3 actually was by managing to combine heroes and armies.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Aonir's Blade:
(Humans) City Center: Cost reduction
Blueprint: Keeper: Zeal (Humans)
Orcish Brute - Cost Reduction
Blueprint: Icrease Workforce (II) (Elves)
Greataxe of the Chieftain - Top of the head can be obtained on first visit

The tough orc boss in Farlonsheim (Kar'Goth?) goes out of the main base with his troops and isn't as annoying to kill this time around. Is there a set bonus to carrying both of his items? They are blue, yet don't give extra stats/effects on their own.
I used both shield and axe as temporary gear for Isgrimm, until better replacement.

The mission itself is muuuuuch easier and that's due to crossbowmen imo. Arsonists in Legacy were quite bad and didn't have the range of the crossbowmen, but they compensated with coolness factor. The orcs only fielded goblins and their own heroes, but goblins are very weak and even a huge amount of them can't take down a small band of our fighters.
Well I think, AI can field brutes and riders if you give it time to expand. Orc population depends on avanposts, so if you rushed points near AI base and locked enemy into capital point - Orcs will not have enough population to field a sizeable army. I right now a bit further into the game and I think AI became more aggressive than in original game, even undead in Aonir's blade.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Also, are all the goblins from Farlonsheim supposed to drop goblin meat? I can get two artifact potions from the god-king goblin from that meat alone.

Parabalus

Arcane
The RTS part is a bit cleaner now and not as chaotic, but it still incentivizes you to go with AoE damage on your heroes which wasn't necessarily the case in Spellforce 1. I understand now how clever WC3 actually was by managing to combine heroes and armies.

This wasn't the case anymore in the expansions, they would often put strong single enemy targets, so it paid to have non-AoE skills. Hoping they ported some of it into reforced, toughest I found so far is the drake in the Everlight mine.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Unknown Island:
(Orcs) Risen Cal'Rak: Cost Reduction
(Elves) Shrine of Thorns (II) Cost Reduction
Blueprint: Increase Workforce (III) (Elves)
Human Barracks - Cost Reduction
Artifacts on first visit hasn't changed.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The Nexus map is no longer in the shape of a skull and that makes me sad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom