Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpellForce: Conquest of Eo - strategy RPG from Fantasy General 2 devs - Weaver's Realms expansion coming September 30th

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Also the best paladins are hired from the audale,since they get ork hatered thus +6 damage to orks,just stack all the bonus damage against undead and demons,you will have a killing machines,also paladins have the fucking javelins. Top tier unit for now. Tho i have seen some strong demons that bread fire that could kill healers....sad.
The great thing about paladins is they get bonuses to both demons/undead and fantastic creatures. And at least with demons, their most annoying units are both and the bonuses stack, turning paladins into killing machines. The javelins are great, and the active skills they get are top shelf too - turning a unit's damage white for a measly 1 focus is great and making it so enemies don't resurrect is situational but when it's good - it's good.

You are selling Keepers short though. They have good basic stats so they're strong right out of the gate. The high speed and charge bonus lets them destroy dangerous ranged stacks and make sure you intercept melee ones in time. Helps with flanking too. And another neat thing - with their great speed, there's a common glyph I've been finding that raises the speed of all allies in a stack by 3. You put it on a Keeper and you get a full stack with 12-13 movement.

Guys is the game worth playing now or should i wait for patches. Bought it already
I just had a combat freeze during enemy turn when fighting Orc riders so you might want to wait for some patches.
Also it has some serious mid game balance issues.
I haven't had any freezes, and the only bug I noticed is that the slave potion doesn't work as a potion, only as a skill. So it's at least a case of works on my machine (tm).
Nah keepers are shit compared to paladins,still good units in general. It all depends what you get. Hired paladins also get a bonus against orks. I just use them in a diamond formation with three golbin shamans and a hero. Didn't had problem killing anything with them. Also i gave them bless for max damage :).

The leveling is pretty retarded lol,it is fully random and you don't know what you will get. There is a good chance of getting stuck with shitty apprentice lodge,because of it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
BTW, I got the Beasts are all Followers upgrade, it turns out that only works for those that cost gold upkeep, not mana upkeep. Still good but not as good as I expected. Now I am swarming with Jelly Beasts and Fire Beatles as I only need one turn to make 6 of those
Ahhhh it is cheaper to just craft the rune that gives it to them. That is what i do with expensive units.

ArchAngel

Arcane
BTW, I got the Beasts are all Followers upgrade, it turns out that only works for those that cost gold upkeep, not mana upkeep. Still good but not as good as I expected. Now I am swarming with Jelly Beasts and Fire Beatles as I only need one turn to make 6 of those
Ahhhh it is cheaper to just craft the rune that gives it to them. That is what i do with expensive units.
can you craft 6 runes per turn and craft hundreds of those?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
can you craft 6 runes per turn and craft hundreds of those?
:deathclaw:

Why would you need hundreds ? You need a few strong stacks,3 1200 power stacks are ok. That for me is like 9 runes,gobo shamans use like 1 or 2 coins,not worth the investment. I get like 20-30 coins per turn. Just increase your domain,every apprentice could put his lodge that have domain,if you level them up they get even more domain. Tho there should have been some way to train your units. And yes you could craft 6 runes at once.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Is there any way to increase the amount of units you can have in a stack?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yes. One way is to get orc city to like you, another is to level up your Tower with Proficiency levels (lvl 25 and lvl 100 give each +1). There are probably more ways.

Parabalus

Arcane
Interesting interaction - reloading crossbows is a debuff, which can be cleansed off.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yes. One way is to get orc city to like you, another is to level up your Tower with Proficiency levels (lvl 25 and lvl 100 give each +1). There are probably more ways.
Which orc city, the one in the East or the one in the south?
People on Steam said East. But I went East and found a human city that lets you recruit Paladins if you get rep to max. Maybe there is another one further beyond that one. Also maybe some cities are randomly placed?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
No cities are randomly placed afaik because it's the actual map of the setting.
Interesting interaction - reloading crossbows is a debuff, which can be cleansed off.
I doubt it would do anything though? Reloading already ends the unit's turn.

Parabalus

Arcane
No cities are randomly placed afaik because it's the actual map of the setting.
I doubt it would do anything though? Reloading already ends the unit's turn.
You can shoot each turn if you cleanse the reloading debuff, you never have to use the reload crossbow skill.

ArchAngel

Arcane

ArchAngel

Arcane
A little trick from the game. If you want to power level your hero or some important unit, put them in a group with units that do not get XP. XP is not lost but those that can get XP get more of it.

Skorpion

Educated
A little trick from the game. If you want to power level your hero or some important unit, put them in a group with units that do not get XP. XP is not lost but those that can get XP get more of it.
Thank you for this, I couldnt figure out why my one hero was getting levels way faster. Now* to use this on purpose!
*now being when I finally get some free time to game :(

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok to confirm, there is a smaller human town near east border of the map called Audale, if you can bring your reputation with it to top level you get a building that takes 10 turns to build but lets you have one more unit in your stacks. They also sell Paladins and Mentalists so basically awesome to murder Undead.

Blutwurstritter

Scholar
Haven't played much yet but it really does closely resemble AoW III in game play mechanics, which is a good thing. But I do already have a bunch of minor questions.

How much damage does flanking add and are there "secret" combat mechanics that aren't explained? And is there a list of hotkeys and a way to configure key bindings?(I'm mainly looking for a shortcut to save the game without going through the menu.)

Parabalus

Arcane
What are the best Apprentice traits you have found?

Killing Raith gives you his Death page - featuring Death March, which resets movement points for a stack for 9 mana. Extremely potent and spammable.

And is there a list of hotkeys and a way to configure key bindings?(I'm mainly looking for a shortcut to save the game without going through the menu.)
No on both counts.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Which orc city, the one in the East or the one in the south?
Ahhh in me map it is in the far west,which means the final place i will go.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ok to confirm, there is a smaller human town near east border of the map called Audale, if you can bring your reputation with it to top level you get a building that takes 10 turns to build but lets you have one more unit in your stacks. They also sell Paladins and Mentalists so basically awesome to murder Undead.
Yes,the best city for now in the game. Lacrymas i don't think that the cities are random since you choose your starting region at the start of the game and they have the same shit in them.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What are the best Apprentice traits you have found?

Killing Raith gives you his Death page - featuring Death March, which resets movement points for a stack for 9 mana. Extremely potent and spammable.

And is there a list of hotkeys and a way to configure key bindings?(I'm mainly looking for a shortcut to save the game without going through the menu.)
No on both counts.
The ones that give you more altfire thingies. Leveling them all is pretty hard,and their main plus is the lodge,and there is no certanty that you will get its upgrades by leveling :negative:

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
Gift costs 9 mana, and gives you rep with a town at a cost of 1 gold = 1 rep.

Magic coffer costs 9 mana, and gives you current rep gold (max rep is 200), and lowers rep by 10.

No cooldown on any of them.

:littlemissfun:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom