Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SS Codex goes to space. Prospector ironman LP.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
"Herbore" Shouldn't be a threat if we keep a distance.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
It is a herbivore. And it also has no arms.

But it's a HUMANOID, men. It might be, you know, a smart creature. Maybe smarter than Lizzurd. Not that it is saying much.

What I mean, if this thing considers us a threat - he might, I don't know, kill us all with acid spits. Not to eat us, but just to kill us. E.g., I would gladly kill Cassidy for destroying my lazer, but it doesn't mean I want to eat his corpse.

lightbane

Arcane
The Watchers demand that you talk to the creature. Surely something fun will happen.

Lhynn

Arcane
Talk to it. If someone ends up dead i make it into the team, if its intelligent and offers something good you get money, win/win.

Beowulf

Arcane
I was actually reading a book on a universal proto language. It has some nice tips, like - universal signal recognized by almost every creature is to rise your extremities.
I can rise my hand with a knife in a friendly gesture and approach it. For the science and retirement fund!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Should have brought Lizzurd along. Usually the scientist is in charge of alien communications.

But hey. That's why I am COMPETENT. I got this, men.

*Clears throat* ME - CAPITANO GRIMWULFU! I AM SPACE PIMP! YOU?

stoahnykqn.jpg

NNNNNAILED IT! Now seriously, what should we offer? I don't want to insult this thing or something.

opiozwvwrp.jpg

i don't see how any of our shit is useful to an armless alien. maybe we could trade him the helmet lamp and help him tape it to his head?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
tuiskyjlpz.jpg

I've just sold a grenade to a humanoid with no arms. For a small stone statue. Not sure how should I feel about that.

More aliens come out of hiding and fall asleep. Cpt. Grimwulf suddenly realizes that it's a perfect moment to leave a mining bot in this area.

usfvnhdwya.jpg

I'm sure new friends will keep an eye on our mechos. Ok, time to go.

Mapping goes good and uneventful. We had to return to the ship and refil our oxygen, though.

hujyumevrh.jpg

There is a bunch of various resource deposits scattered across the planet, but they are all unreachable. We need jetpacks, or some other means of climbing mountains. Oh, well.

We did manage to grab some palladium, at least. Everybody was happy. Lizzurd commented on yesterday's supper.

oyltydheok.jpg

I should really get rid of him. Like, soon.

My thoughts were disrupted by an unlikely find. Men. Look.

xiftuhkloe.jpg

An abandoned ship. I'm dead serious.

afbkmorvvt.jpg

What happened? This is an extremely shitty spot for landing, even for a gud pilot. Crash landing?

Shall we check out this ship? Or RUN, before we face the same fate as its crew? Maybe those aliens are not so friendly after all.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
We enter the ship. Looks abandoned indeed.

rhpcdcnkqx.jpg

We find shields system; gun turret; sensors system. Sensors are important. CAPTAIN'S CALL - we scavenge them first.

It doesn't go as planned.

qolsdiqrve.jpg

The alarm is set off. What now?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
One thing is noteworthy about this ship. The oxygen system here is still online. We took off our helmets and feeling fine.

So. *coughs* It might not be as abandoned as it seems.

Lhynn

Arcane
Its a new ship, no doubt better than the trashcan you call a ship captain. It may even be one of those fancy 18k creds ships.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom