Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime STALKER trilogy on consoles - it's real

Iucounu

Educated
I had to take a while to think anything offensive for westerners here.
It's likely about Clear Sky's Bandit chatter, like "Choke on this, cocksucker!", or "He came, he saw, he sucked major cock!"

And no GSC, I'm more offended by your cucked disclaimer. It doesn't align with my values.

deuxhero

Arcane
They too?
first-opening-message-from-gsc-for-soc-on-console-v0-ayd1z0171tmc1.png

:hmmm:
edit - oh right, the Merc in water plant in CoP starting the fight with "drop that retard".
IIRC there's much worse crap dropped by bandits... if they ever translate them.
I think they refer to how the game frames the Ukrainian army - as a totally corrupt organization and also direct references to a certain country they are at war with..
That's the one thing that noticibly changes between the games. First game's is totally corrupt, evil and incompetent while getting mowed down by the dozens. Second game is somewhat corrupt but competent and most major encounters with them are escape. In the third they're playable, and the worst they do is a few item descriptions allude to a black market of expendable military equipment for artifacts.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS STALKER ON CONSOLES LOLLOLOL MODS MAKE THIS GAME GREAT

MIGHT AS WELL PUT A GIRL IN IT AND MAKE IT GYA AND LAME

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
They too?

edit - oh right, the Merc in water plant in CoP starting the fight with "drop that retard".
I think they refer to how the game frames the Ukrainian army - as a totally corrupt organization and also direct references to a certain country they are at war with..
In Stalker lore, yeah, Ukrop army is corrupt as fuck, often cutting deals with bandits and other stalkers.
The truly experienced stalkers are either ex military, ex police officers, or highly seasoned adventurers - Strelok.
Now they are TRUE defenders of Evropa all of a sudden?
Also when are the gay tranny nigger Stalkers coming to The Zone? The Zone needs MORE DIVERSITY!

They too?

In Stalker lore, yeah, Ukrop army is corrupt as fuck, often cutting deals with bandits and other stalkers.
The truly experienced stalkers are either ex military, ex police officers, or highly seasoned adventurers - Strelok.
Also when are the gay tranny nigger Stalkers coming to The Zone? The Zone needs MORE DIVERSITY!
How are they going to dilate in the The Zone?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
They too?

How are they going to dilate in the The Zone?
Chimeras.

janior

Arcane
Patron
They too?

isn't military the' bad guys' only in the first game? u play as a military guy in CoP

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
They too?

isn't military the' bad guys' only in the first game? u play as a military guy in CoP
Degtyarev is a "military stalker" and USS agent.
Yeah, they are not merely the "bad guys" in CoP.

Iucounu

Educated
They too?

In Clear Sky the Military in Cordon betrays the Stalkers to the Bandit faction, but it's also mentioned how the grunts in Army Warehouses have been abandoned by their superiors and left to die.

In Call of Pripyat the Military is generally despised by the Stalkers (one of the former needs to hide in the Scientists' bunker). Your player character is there incognito, and does not become popular when he reveals his true identity.

Actually it's a bit surprising that today's Ukrainean government allows GSC to re-release these old games at all, even with the disclaimer.

Hell Swarm

Educated
They too?

In Clear Sky the Military in Cordon betrays the Stalkers to the Bandit faction, but it's also mentioned how the grunts in Army Warehouses have been abandoned by their superiors and left to die.

In Call of Pripyat the Military is generally despised by the Stalkers (one of the former needs to hide in the Scientists' bunker). Your player character is there incognito, and does not become popular when he reveals his true identity.

Actually it's a bit surprising that today's Ukrainean government allows GSC to re-release these old games at all, even with the disclaimer.
Wait until we see the actual release. It could be butchered

GrainWetski

Arcane
They too?

And maybe showing military grunts as incompetent, aggresive drunkards... wait, they would fit the in-game world.

They also changed currency (RU roubles) to SR (soviet roubles).
graphic the same, only added motion blur (why)
It's the lack of niggers and trannies. Consolemutts won't feel at home unless a game is filled with them.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
I remember this game requiring a lot of precision shooting, does it play well with a controller?

Iucounu

Educated
I remember this game requiring a lot of precision shooting, does it play well with a controller?
One YT-video showed menu settings for Aim Assist and Aiming Sensitivity. From watching gameplay it also looks like accuracy and/or damage in SoC and CS is increased, but at least damage doesn't seem overpowered in CoP. If there's a video where the Vintar/Avalanche guns are used, look for any bullet trajectory drop.

Losus4

Literate
The only good STALKER game was Call of Pripyat, which itself is far superceded by the excellent Anomaly. At this point the vanilla games cannot compete.

KeAShizuku

Novice
I'm actually playing Clear Skies now and in 4k it still looks pretty good so you don't need mods IMO aside from the community fixes.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Shouldn't be an issue. Stalker isn't a twitch shooter and controller aiming isn't that hard any more.
The only good STALKER game was Call of Pripyat, which itself is far superceded by the excellent Anomaly. At this point the vanilla games cannot compete.
No child, the entire series is worth playing. Enjoy the zone, stalker.
Disagree. They're mediocre shooters at best. Anomaly is the way to go.
Is Anomaly going to be the new Brutal Doom? Kids come out of the wood work to tell us we're playing the game we enjoy wrong because it's not modded into something ugly and annoying?

Losus4

Literate
Shouldn't be an issue. Stalker isn't a twitch shooter and controller aiming isn't that hard any more.
No child, the entire series is worth playing. Enjoy the zone, stalker.
Disagree. They're mediocre shooters at best. Anomaly is the way to go.
Is Anomaly going to be the new Brutal Doom? Kids come out of the wood work to tell us we're playing the game we enjoy wrong because it's not modded into something ugly and annoying?
All I'm saying the OG games imo are overrated and a bit crap, and that Anomaly does what the OG games does and a lot more. What don't you understand here?

differences between Steam and XbawX
Grass is still a problem even with highly modified engine - like Gamma/EfP, and can tank your performance
Seeing it enabled on consoles makes me shudder

apparently people like this game even though it's quite old
So who is up to the monumental task of dumping the text from the console version and backporting it to the PC original?

Hell Swarm

Educated
Why isn't the remaster getting a PC release? Is it that hard to put it on game pass?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom