Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News StarCrawlers Chimera Released

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Juggernaut Games; StarCrawlers Chimera

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1487560/view/4186736071075777539

What’s new in v1.0?
Quite a few things. Primarily:
  • The final floors of the Chimera building are unlocked.
  • You can now level to 30+ to fully unlock all trees in most build combinations.
  • New enemies, weapons, gear, quest rewards, and boss loot across all floors.
  • New sassy UI polish and improved menu functionality.
  • Achievements are live.
  • Dr. Cerberus is waiting for you. Good luck.
Where’s my controller support?
It’s on the way! As noted in the Steam forums, it’s an involved process to add controller support to a complex interface that was primarily built around mouse and keyboard input. Adding properly integrated controller support is my top priority for the first systems update.

Will Steamdeck get an official integration?
Yes. This is a two step process that starts alongside adding controller support and ends with Valve reviewing the Steamdeck status of the game. Currently the game has “Playable” status, which is quaint, but I want a nice clean “Verified” status, meaning the game works natively with the Steamdeck controls. This is my 2nd top systems priority after controller support.

When is the game coming to Linux and OSX?
Now that the PC launch is out and the game is (mostly) stable, I have time to look into the Linux and OSX deployments. I’ll provide updates on these when I have information to share!

Where’s ChimeraLinq?
The ambient ChimeraLinq system and ChimeraLinq holoslates can be found on all maps. The (optional) interactive element of ChimeraLinq was very thin on content, so I made the decision to temporarily disable it. I know some of you love you internet drama, and I want to do it justice, so ChimeraLinq will make a triumphant return with a new look and more shade-throwing in the first content update.​

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1487560/StarCrawlers_Chimera/
https://af.gog.com/game/starcrawlers_chimera?as=1649904300

frajaq

Erudite
Played a decent amount of the original one, might give this a try later

lvl 2 Blue Slime

Educated
They really made a sequel just to remove the party and go single character...
picard-facepalm.jpg

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I liked the first game, just a fun jump into it and play game. Interesting they are going one person this time and not a party, sounds fun. Will probably pick this up sometime. I like to support these guys. :salute:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, yes, but you can have companions. Considering your name, it should interest you that one of the skill lines actually gives you a pet slime you can buff, etc. (the slime is green, though)

I have spent 3h on it so far and it makes a fairly positive impression.
It is certainly not grand in scope, but the structure seems very roguelike and the many (!!!) skill lines you can combine completely freely will certainly allow quite some replayability.

I've been playing on Hard and got myself killed a bunch of times already by not being careful enough. Definitely can't just blaze through - and also I very much assume some skill lines are more generally useful while others are more situational, but that's cool too, so you have to figure out what is what yourself.

frajaq

Erudite

It is certainly not grand in scope, but the structure seems very roguelike and the many (!!!) skill lines you can combine completely freely will certainly allow quite some replayability.
It really is weird, I thought they would stick to the class structure of the first one at least, but nope those classes just became a skill type that can be selected or not like any other. It causes your Skill-line to become weird since stat scaling is a thing, but the option is there!

JLALDmi.png

XQagHoM.png

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It is weird, yes. But lovely to play around with.
No idea what is the max level and how much you can actually unlock of this until you reach the end.

My guess would be you can't max everything and will have some main skills and some side skills.

Xunwael

Educated
So, I guess I'm dumb for getting surprised by this, but they changed the combat system from instanced encounters of the previous one into the same shitty garbage that makes all the other crawlers (including this one) insufferable garbage. It's not remotely the same game as the previous one anymore. Why do all crawlers insist upon this shitty combat system? It has to be the least fun one I've ever experienced, the entire genre is ruined by it. The game's other problems, like how the UI so shitty that a teenager making his first flash game in his bedroom would be embarrassed by it, become minor quibbles relative to this one. At least it's easy to refund games these days.

frajaq

Erudite
I think the latest update fucked something up, I cant interact with vendor bots anymore

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom